Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Women's Baby-G Black Whale Digital Sport Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 14, 2010
This watch is awesome. Stylish, rugged and has all the necessary bells & whistles. Has world timer, 5 different alarm settings (do you really need to set 5 daily alarms?), countdown timer, stopwatch, and can store up to 25 phone numbers. I uploaded a correct photo of this model. See last pic with "notes" written below. The "Baby-G" logo is in white and not red as the other photos show. The stylish rod accents do not hinder the display. However, I had to wear reading glasses to read the tiny manual. The rods are encased in some type of rubber/resin material and are in place to prevent face from being damaged if you hit the watch against something. Pretty cool idea on Casio's part. The band is comfortable and I wear this watch outside when bicycling/tennis. The plastic band and watch case are made from shiny material which looks stylish. Great watch for the money. Matter of fact, now I want the Baby-G Ladies Reef watch.
review image
66 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2013
I have a tiny wrist, so I was nervous about how large the face would be, but it's not too big. The time is easy to read, though the date is set up different from what I'm used to (year-month-day instead of month-day-year). I especially enjoy the small wheel that says if an alarm is set, daylight savings time is enabled, etc.. One thing I wasn't really expecting is that the band is as shiny as the face. I like it. I don't think the user manual was very well written, but it isn't too difficult to figure out. The ease of changing time zones is amazing. I enjoy that the zones are listed by city instead of those three letter codes. The stopwatch function has a few different options, so I don't have to fumble around with apps on my phone like I used to. I haven't beaten this watch up yet, but every other digital Casio watch I've had made it through all kinds of activities (hiking, being scraped on concrete, swimming in rivers, showering, military basic training, etc.), so I'm certain this watch will be no exception.
on February 25, 2014
It's a really cute watch. Not what I expected weirdly because it had a shiny strap and was slightly bulkier. But I love it. I never really understand how to work all the features on these kind of watches but I got the directions on line and managed to set the day date and time and that is enough for me. It's comfortable and really cute.
on January 13, 2010
My wife is very particular, and she seldom if ever wears a watch. This g-shock
was given to her for a gift during the holidays, and she wears it everyday. She
owns several other watches, all much more expensive, but this is the only one worn
on a daily basis. She has told me that it is comfortable, accurate, and rugged.
In the final analysis, those are the ideal features of a wristwatch.
on June 7, 2016
I bought this watch for my 11 year old daughter, who is an active swimmer and very active kid all around. After going through two copies of the Timex "Ironman" watch that both failed due to water exposure, I wasn't interested in wasting money on a Timex again. In comes Casio. Given the fact that she likes to beat her things up, I wanted a G-Shock for her. Knowing how big those watches are, I was thrilled to find a Baby-G model. This one has just the right level of flair for a girl, and it really is not overly big at all on her wrist. She is a tall for her age, thin girl, and it still looks good size-wise - that was my biggest fear. She has worn it to several long course practices, and no water infiltration yet, but that's my biggest concern. My hope is that Casio has the water resistant thing down better than Timex.
on January 27, 2010
Received this watch as a gift for bday. Ordered Casio G Force watch for a family member, it is really great, and looked forward to this watch. There are two metal bands on the face of the watch, difficult to see in the picture of watch, that obstruct easy viewing and the watch band is shiny black like paten leather. Sadly doesnt work for me as a Fire Fighter. Cant see face of watch easily.
on September 13, 2013
While setting the watch - with its dozens of features - is a challenge, once you figure it out, it's quite sturdy and comfortable. The alarm is not ear splitting; more "polite" than most similar watch alarms. I use the stopwatch feature a lot - and my only concern is that the buttons for starting and stopping the stopwatch function, are reversed from my old Timex Expedition that died on my wrist while playing in the North Carolina surf. I'm still learning how to use some of the more advanced features - but for daily wear, it's been a sturdy, dependable watch.
on November 8, 2015
This watch is nice and small for a small female's wrist. It has just the right amount of bells and whistles (plenty of world time zone settings , complete date and day display, multiple alarm settings, stop watch, chronograph etc., etc.) for someone who travels a lot and needs multi time zone settings, and wants a durable watch face and wrist band. It would have been perfect if there had been less bulkiness-business around the display so that the display itself-actual digital clock info could have been a little larger.
on April 12, 2013
I like the appearance. I use it for running but I'd wear it around for casual use too--
Occasionally the buttons get pushed which is annoying and may change the time or something, but it's an easy fix.
on January 16, 2016
IT fits on my small wrist. Very comfortable. The guards are great and have kept me from breaking it on more than one occasion. The numbers are small because the watch is designed to fit a woman's wrist and is therefore small. But I have no problem seeing it. I even use it as a backup timer for scuba diving. compute