Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on January 8, 2014
Durability:
I have bought this watch multiple times (blue and now pink border) and have been using them for literally decades, since 1993 I think. I guess my only complaint would be that I have had to by more than one because the bands have broken. BUT considering I have been wearing them for soooo long and with such abuse, I think that is still impressive. I wear it 24/7 usually, shower, swimming, etc. I bike and work with animals so it gets a lot of trauma.

COUNTDOWN TIMER:
The main reason I like it so much is the countdown timer. I can't tell you how often that has come in handy. Yes, most people have watches and or cell phones that can do a countdown timer, but it is literally ONE button to push to get the timer started. Need to hold a stretch or yoga pose for one minute? Just hit the button one time and you never have to look down at the watch. Want a 30 minute nap? Hit the button 7 times.

Size:
I also like that the watch is small. So many watches seem so big and bulky and have way too much going on on the screen. This one is petite and simple.

Does not have a light:
The ONLY thing I would like it to have is a backlight because sometimes I want to see it in the dark. If it had that I would seriously want to give it 6 starts and would be upset that I can't.
22 comments15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2013
This watch is cute, feminine, but very small. (Just something to know, not a flaw). It does not have a light, which I missed in the product description.
It works great for telling time, stopwatch, alarm, and you can take a shower in it. Worth the $.
on March 30, 2014
I didn't use this watch when I first purchased it. By the time I did, it was too late to send back. The alarm is off by 12 hours, so I have to set it opposite of what it should be (AM vs PM). Also, the battery seems to be very low and the display dims anytime a button is pressed or the alarm goes off. Goodness knows how long this was sitting in the warehouse. I have bought this model for years, solely because of the countdown timer feature. My experience is that if you have the battery changed, it never works as well again. It ends up being cheaper to go ahead and buy a new watch. This is my first time buying it on Amazon and I will not do that again because it is clear that the battery was running long before I received it. Wasted my money. Low rating could be either for Amazon (long time running on the shelf) or it could be for Casio who is not producing as good a watch as in the past. Not sure which.
on July 16, 2014
This watch is practically my trade mark. There is no other watch out there with the timer feature. Believe me I've looked. It would be absolutely perfect if it had a light. But I still love this watch.
on September 18, 2013
Small for small wrist end people like me. Works well and easy to reset. Really is water resistant, worth it!
on April 18, 2015
I've been buying this style CASIO watch for the past 20 years. I like it because it fits a small wrist & stays in place, is water resistant as long as you don't open up the back ( if you do you need to replace the thin rubber gasket), the incremental alarm function (1,3,5,10, 15,20,30 min) is very convenient so it only takes a second to set. What I don't like is that it doesn't have a light or illuminated dial. Also all the previous watches I've had the alarm was much louder. I purchased 3-4 of these and the alarm beep on all of them is very muted to the point of almost being useless. It is for this reason I am giving it only 3 stars instead of 4 or 5. I don't know if it is just this batch or if they have made a manufacturing change but unless the alarm is improved I probably won't be buying it again. Too bad because it's usefulness, durability and price had made it my favorite go to watch.
on May 8, 2013
Excellent item purchased. I recommend it. 100%. very useful watch! Not complaints for this item! Every function of this product is perfect!
on August 26, 2015
I almost didn't buy this particular watch. I really liked some of the features this watch offered but I wanted the option of a light. I had purchased another Casio watch on Amazon (Casio Illuminator LA-20WH purple/pink screen) that had a light, date displayed on the main screen, lightweight black band. Pretty much everything I was wanting in a digital watch. The light and date were very important to me. However, when I received it, I became very frustrated with how hard it was to use the buttons. Extremely difficult! By this point, I didn't care about the futures that I just had to have. I had to seriously squeeze the button to get the light to come on. My finger was raw! I decided to keep the watch because it would coast me more money to return it. With all of that said.... (I promise I'm getting to my review on this watch!) I decided to go for this simple watch KNOWING it wouldn't have a light... Or the date displayed on the main screen.

Here is why I love it!!!! I specifically purchased this watch for the count down timer, the black band, and for it's small size. I read all of the reviews for it prior to buying the first watch and loved how everyone really liked the count down feature. Huge plus for me! I'm a stay at home Mom to four busy kids and I can not tell you how much I've used this feature already! Wow! When you click the top right button a little mark goes under each number. So if I want 15 minutes, click the button 5 times and a little bar blinks right below the number I selected. When I happen to glance down at the watch, I can see that the little bar has moved its way down to the last number- so I know that the timer is gonna go off soon! That's handy to be able to gauge the time. I'm not guessing, "I wonder how long it's been?" Very cool. The screen is the size of a dime. It's small, simple, very clean looking. I wanted a watch that didn't take up my entire wrist, and that was not heavy to wear. I seriously don't feel it at all. The band is so soft and extremely light. I personally do not think it looks cheap as others had mentioned. The pink boarder is like a bubble gum pink, very cute against the black! The numbers are very clear, I have no problems seeing the numbers whatsoever. And I can definitely hear the alarm when it goes off. No problem there- I have a very loud house too. Like other reviewers have said (and what I originally set out for in a watch), this would be the perfect watch if it had a light. I personally haven't mind. I really like all the features and the ease of the watch that the light really doesn't matter anymore. This watch is super simple, super easy to use, and the buttons do not hurt my fingers! One other thing that I absolutely LOVE is that I can push down the bottom right button and the month/date/day will appear. I had read a review that also gave this information and I was so glad they did because having the date was very important to me. Reading that review sold me! I needed this feature. Granted it's not on the main screen but I could live with that! One click, there's the date (8 26 WE)! Awesome! I love this watch you guys! It's a great price, pretty pink, very simple, great for small wrists, sporty look.... I hope this helps you in picking the right watch for you! I also couldn't go wrong with "Free Returns" so I thought why not try it?! Sooo glad I did! ;)
review image
on April 30, 2014
I didn't know this still existed. I started wearing these when they first came out. As a paramedic I relied on the timer to alert me when the next round of meds needed to be given. It was accurate and invaluable for my patients. I recommend this watch.
on July 24, 2015
I looked everywhere for a modestly sized ladies digital watch with useful functions and came up empty-handed until my friend told me her husband found one for her on Amazon. I used to have a watch like this, but so many now are big and awkward-looking. I don't plan to go scuba diving any time soon, nor train for a marathon; I just want to be able to see what time it is, find the date and day of the week, and maybe time my morning walk or a pan of hard boiled eggs. I wish the alarm were louder, it can be missed if there's any background noise at all, even a fan running. Also, I'm still running on the display battery, which I read in the instructions isn't meant to last for long, and apparently requires some expertise, maybe even paying a jeweler, to replace it. If this is in fact true, shame on Casio. Seriously, once I pay for a product that runs on batteries, I feel like the engineers should design the item well enough that I don't have to pay again to keep it running. And I won't even go into how irresponsible it is to design items to use for a short while and then just throw them away. Ugh. For now, however, this watch is just what I was looking for and economically priced. I am enjoying its use and would recommend it with minor reservations (for alarm volume and potential battery trouble) to any lady looking for a practical digital watch.