Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Women's LA11WB-1 Sport Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on July 25, 2007
I love this watch. I've been re-buying it since the 80's. I typically trash watches within a year or so but I can make these last for a good 5 years or more even with hard use. Considering that I started out paying about 10 bucks for it, that's pretty impressive. Every one has survived my sweaty exercise sessions, sloppy dishwashing and slamming my wrist against things. The band can be torn but somehow I've only managed to do that on one of the four or so I've bought. And the band fits my little skinny wrist that NO jewelry fits, without having to alter it in any way. I use every feature on this watch, especially the countdown timer, which is a great tool for those of us who are easily distracted. If I have to remember to do something in a few minutes (from 5 to 30 minutes), whether it's call someone back, check the oven, turn off the garden hose, switch the laundry, or whatever, I can utilize the countdown timer as a reminder tool that travels with me unlike a kitchen timer or a sticky note. The watch is small and flat, and although it has a very vinyl utilitarian look, I choose it most of the time over my prettier dress watches because it's far more functional. This is not jewelry by any means but it's a great cost-effective little tool, if that's what you're into (and I am).

UPDATE 01/15/2013: I still miss this watch. However, since May of 2011 I've been wearing a Timex Womens Expedition Chronograph watch and it's taking a beating just like it should, even in the swimming pool. Plus, it lights up.
44 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2007
I've been buying this watch for the past 20 years because I like the simple touch for the 1 to 30 minute countdown. It's so handy for working on timed projects or as a quick reminder for many things.
on April 27, 2015
Best watch ever! At first I thought it was too tiny because I have a men's digital Casio as well (see my pic of the two side-by-side), which is probably twice as big as this one, but I got used to it immediately and found it to be really cute and functional on my small girl wrist! The timer function at the top of the clock face (1, 3, 5, minutes etc.) is so useful and I like that it has a stopwatch, alarm and date function. I do wish that it had a light to read the clock in the dark but it's not a big deal at all. I wear it to the gym, to class and everywhere in between :) no complaints!

I might even buy the pink version...
on July 10, 2007
I absolutely love this watch! It's the only one I've seen that has a timer, alarm, and other features and yet is still small and flat enough that it doesn't look ridiculous on my wrist. For it's price, it's also surprisingly durable. Mine went through a load of laundry once and came out fine. I highly recommend it!
on August 6, 2015
I've just started wearing this watch. I read the reviews and thought dime sized was an exaggeration. It's not! It's a bit bigger than a dime. The strap is quite small, and this is what a wanted. It's easier to ignore and it is simple to set up.
on July 18, 2015
I'm aware I'm bucking the trend but Casio fans need to know this: Casio's 1-year warranty does NOT apply to the case, strap, face or any other part, except for the mechanical timepiece itself. I have had to order this watch 4 consecutive years (2012-2015) because each time, without fail, the plastic connectors ("ears") on the watch case that attach to the straps have broken off. And if the straps can't attach to the watch, of course you can't wear it. Casio initially refused to replace the watch. The most recent watch went less than 3 weeks of sedentary use before an ear broke off and the strap fell away. Casio said it wasn't covered under warranty because it was "damaged or worn." I replied it was defective, and too new to be damaged or worn. I uploaded photos of 3 of 4 defective watches with broken ears and now Casio has the matter "under consideration." It's lousy that a global company like Casio wants to argue the point over a watch it built that lasted less than 3 weeks. I will write an update if Casio ever returns the courtesy of a response.

UPDATE 2016: I have upgraded from 1 to 3 stars. After considerable balking by Casio, it shipped a replacement. At Casio's suggestion, I altered my routine by loosening the strap considerably, wearing it almost like a bracelet, so now three fingers can slide under the strap. On my own I switched sunscreen brands and discontinued my forever use of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 55. I still wear sunscreen on hands and arms but now use a gentler brand that employs less harsh chemicals which do not degrade the rubber strap as Neutrogena did. The rash on my wrist, a likely allergic reaction to a toxic mix of rubber+sunscreen chemicals+heat, is now gone. I have had no further problems with my replacement. For a global company, Casio's warranty restrictions are miserly, and earns only 3 stars. However, I like this watch because I use the alarm and stopwatch functions often, and I also heavily rely on the day/date function. For a modest price, it's a good deal.
on April 19, 2008
This model Casio has been around for years but is inexpensive, practical, and has a slim design with an easy set timer. The timer feature is handy for short duration cooking tasks and my wife tudors students and uses it to signal test limits, recess periods, etc. I received good purchase and delivery service from Amazon and will order more for gifts. Great product and getting hard to find!
on November 22, 2007
The ideal watch for me: inexpensive, small, comfortable and has just what I need (timer and alarm). I work in a medical laboratory and use the timer all the time, very convenient. The water resistance has it's limits though, I've had to take it apart and let it dry out a few times, still works great though.
on October 11, 2007
I have owned this type of watch for many years. I love the countdown timer for timing in the kitchen and for a reminder when time is tight. I don't like the cheap band; it almost always breaks down before the battery runs out; however, the watch itself is inexpensive enough and handy enough otherwise that I'll probably keep buying it as long as Casio makes it.
on August 12, 2007
I have had two of these watches over the last 7 years. The strap broke off my current one. I am getting another one. I agree that it is the only watch I've ever found with an alarm that is not bulky on my small wrist. And the timer (countdown alarm) is so handy for my busy life. It's so quick and easy to set the timer too. I use it every day to remember to do all kinds of things. Don't know if I could live without it. I will be bummed when they stop making this watch.