5.0 out of 5 stars A Sold Customer!
Published on November 8, 2005 by D. Nichols

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware strap is not expansion type
This watch is available under the heading: Casio Women's Digital Watch #LA670WA-1 Ladies' dress watch, under which there more more reviews, and I already added mine there.

Published on June 10, 2007 by A reader from the UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sold Customer!, November 8, 2005
This watch is not only the best watch I have ever owned, it is the only day time watch that I ever use. I love the 1,3,5,10,20, 30 minute timer found ONLY on this watch. I love it so much that I buy several and change out the band to match different outfits! I do wish that this watch came in a more dressy version. I also hope that Casio continues to make this watch for people who need a timer and a dependable alarm!

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware strap is not expansion type, June 10, 2007
This review is from: Casio Women's LA670WA-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch (Watch)

To reitereate, this is a very smart & sweet looking watch, and also is all metal and digital, which are both rare at this size. However, the negative aspects are: no light, no date, and the clasp comes apart very easily. The description gives the erroneous impression the strap is the expansion type, but in fact it is a metal strap with a clasp that can slide up & down one arm, to a length that fits you.

I can see why one of the previous reviewers lost her watch: it is very easy not to snap the clasp closed properly. It came apart on me more than once and, the watch being so light, it is quite easy not to notice it has gone!

I like the watch but am very disappointed with the strap. I did consider getting a genuine expansion one which was what I had been looking for, but this turned out to cost more the the watch itself! If, like me, you are looking for a watch with an expansion type strap, Timex does them much better but unfortunately, and disappointingly, does not do them in digital form....

5.0 out of 5 stars Best timer watch around!, August 24, 2007
This review is from: Casio Women's LA670WA-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch (Watch)
This is the "dressy" version of Casio LA11WB-1 there are more reviews for it since many of us have owned this earlier version for 15+ years.

The pros:

The countdown timer - this is why we love this watch. You push a single button once and a timer is set for 1 minute, each time you press the button, the time increases 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 then reset. It's not too terribly loud. I have used this since my kids were babes, through time-outs, and we have X minutes until we leave. I've never had this feature go out on the watch so the button and electronics must be pretty good.

The price - I can afford to keep a backup on hand

The band - I have actually preferred the metal band and haven't had any trouble with it. I have a very small wrist so it may make a difference having the extra wrap portion underneath. The plastic band on the LA11WB-1 tends to break on me fairly quickly. I do have the LA11WB-1 as my backup in my jewelry box - just in case.

Overall - This watch is a little prettier than the plastic band. It still is a little "geeky" but more appropriate for business attire.

The cons:

No light - Not a good watch for dark areas.

As I get older, the little bars across the top that indicate time remaining get harder and harder to see.

This is not a watch to pass down to your grandchildren. The other model typically lasts about 1/2 - 2 years. I would assume this watch will be comparable but we'll see after they've been out a couple of years. When the battery goes out, I've had about a 50% success rate of having a replacement battery work. The batteries are a pain to get to, it's hard to find a place that is familiar with this watch, that has the battery, and will replace it. Any other problems that might arise cost far more than the replacement cost.

Recommendation: Buy 2 - one of each style so you'll have a backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Teacher's Pet Watch, December 25, 2006
KB (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
For 15 years the CASIO LA-670WA-1 "Countdown" Ladies Dress Watch has been my teaching watch. I use the countdown timer and stopwatch functions every day to keep my class reasonably on time, to serve admirably in math and science classes, and to time games and quizzes. Add to that its amazing usefulness as a cooking/laundry timer and alarm clock and this watch is my ever-constant, dependable companion. Excellent quality and value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio makes a prettier countdown watch!!!, October 22, 2008
I am like many of you that can't live without the countdown timer on this wonderful watch, but wish the watch were a little less geeky. I literally spent hours searching the world over (through the Internet) for a prettier watch that has the same timer feature. I have finely found it! It is also made by Casio, but for some odd reason they market it to Asia only. I did find a website that sells them to America. The watch is much prettier, with a round face, an analog dial (with the hands and all), and best of all a digital part that does the stopwatch and date. The essential and extremely rare countdown timer appears to be in a circle around the face of the watch and goes up to 60 minutes instead of just 30!! Anyway, thought some of you would want to know!
[...]

3.0 out of 5 stars Clasp isn't so great, September 15, 2006
I like the watch itself, but the clasp isn't so great. My husband, who has two black belts in karate (the kind where you break boards and such), had to wrestle around mightily to get the clasp to close for me. I would definitely have paid a few dollars more to have a better clasp--as it is, I like the watch enough that maybe I'll get it reset....

4.0 out of 5 stars extremely useful plain little watch, July 8, 2007
This review is from: Casio Women's LA670WA-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch (Watch)
This has many great features, and two poor ones. To start with the poor ones (Casio are you listening??), the face is extremely plain, and the strap is dreck.

Nonetheless, this is the Little Watch that could, and I depend upon it every day of my life for its best feature, a countdown timer that you can set with only 1 click. You don't have to search through various functions. It's right there on the face. With one click it rings after 3 minutes, 2 clicks gets you 5 minutes, 3 clicks for 10 minutes and so on up to 30 minutes. This function is a timer, an alarm and a reminder all in one.

To function as a mother with kids and multiple other responsibilities, when much is going on at once, I can just click twice for 10 minutes so that I will be reminded of what I was thinking about when things calm down. Or, I can remind myself to get back to the stove in 20 minutes as I walk away to take the phone call. If I am supposed to leave for the doctor in 30 minutes, but I know that there will be multiple distractions I can click away and know that I will be reminded to go while there is still time. If I do meditation I set it for 20 minutes. If the children get a time out I set it for 3 minutes so I can turn away and do something else. The needs are endless.

And I get older, my memory is only going to get worse, so while things will calm down, my need for reminders will only increase.

It's a great watch. There is no reason why it can't be an elegant watch too. Digital watches do not have to look clunky. Right, Casio?

Hope this review helps,

Barbara

2.0 out of 5 stars Very good functional watch, February 22, 2009
This review is from: Casio Women's LA670WA-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch (Watch)
This is a very functional watch. The instant countdown timer on the watch can be set by just pressing a button on the watch. For 1 min, press once, 5 min press twice, etc etc. There is not many watch on the market with this type of function. The instant countdown timer is quick and handy which you can set while in motion - for example when jogging or walking, you can activate the instant timer and do not have to stop to set the timer. This feature is the only reason I've purchased this watch. The watch itself is very plain looking, and in the past I've owned 5 of these watches over the past 15 years. This is the first one I've purchased with a metal band. One thing though, the metal watch band is ridiculously long. My wrist is an average size. The metal watch band is not one which can be easily shorten by yourself. Moving the catch on one side of the band can easily shorten one side of the watch band, but to shorten the other side by trying to remove the metal link is puzzling. I've emailed Casio tech support for instruction but the instruction they emailed back to me seem to apply to other different type of watch bands which was not helpful. Because the metal link on the watch band can not be easily remove like other watch bands, I give them 4 stars rating instead of 5 stars. It'll be a trip for me to a watch shop and then I have to spend $10 to $15 to shorten the watch band. The watch itself is a very good simple watch. I just wished it came with instruction on shortening the watch band and wished it had a built in light within it.

Oct 15 2010 UPDATE:

Update: I love the concept of this watch since I have owned 5 other in the plastic version of the same watch. (I kept losing them or sometimes after repeated battery replacement, there a problem with the battery contact to watch and the watch is no good). Unfortunately, this silver metal watch comes with a problem and I'm surprised no one did an update on their review of it. Unfortunately , not the pins but the bracket which holds the pin to the watch has sharp corners (4 sharp corners) and it has been the cause of bad rashes on my wrist where the watch sits. At first I thought it was an allergy to detergent or chemicals so I kept putting medicine on it. I usually wear my watch to sleep but one morning I woke up and my watch was not on my wrist. The watch had disappeared for several months AND the rashes on my arms disappeared completely. I did not relate the two together until I found my watch under the bed several months later. I washed the dust off started wearing the watch. On day two of wearing the watch again, I developed 20 little bumps on my wrist! I realized that it was the sharp corner of the pin housing (not the pin) on the watch which was repeatably digging into my skin and irritating my skin. Its not a sharp painful pinching on the skin but enough of it to cause skin problems. I think the quality control being made in China instead of being produce in Japan makes a difference. I have another different metal watch with a different watch band but I do not have problem with it. I wish they would improve and refine the quality of their manufacture since I would buy it again if they do so, for right now, its too painful to wear this watch since changing the watch band will not help the problem since its the pin housing on the watch . I have to lower my rating from 4 star to 2 star since it is not a wearable watch for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars As elegant as a digital watch could be!, May 25, 2011
This review is from: Casio Women's LA670WA-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch (Watch)
I was delighted to find this watch on Amazon. I've worn the black plastic sporty version for at least twenty years (although I've had to buy a new one a few times). I'm the kind of person who needs to have a watch at all times, and I was self-conscious about the sporty version because it really didn't look good with dressier outfits. I bought this watch in the fall of 2010, after I got engaged. This watch looks nice with my engagement ring, and it gives me a more professional look in general. I still wear the sporty one when I go to the gym, but everywhere else I wear this one. I love this watch, and I've given it as a gift to my mother and my sister, who have also been wearing the sporty version for more than twenty years.

HOW TO ADJUST THE BAND:

If you look at the clasp, you'll see a little arrow. Use something like a knife, screwdriver, nail clipper, etc to flip up the piece with the arrow on it. Then you can slide the clasp along the band and snap it back down in the groove closest to where you want it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic and convenient, November 16, 2010
Feets McGinty (Harford County, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Women's LA670WA-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch (Watch)
I got this watch because it reminded me of being a kid in the eighties when digital watches first became popular.

While I bought it purely for the retro look, I'm very happy with it because of its convenient features.

I love the timer feature. Across the top of the watch is a list of numbers 30-20-15-10-5-3-1. By pressing the timer button to the right of the numbers, you can get an indicator bar to appear below them. If I want to set the timer for 15 minutes, I press until the indicator bar reaches out to the 15. Then, as the time counts down, sections of the bar disappear until the bar is gone and the alarm beeps. I thought this was cheesy and useless when I got it, but now I use it all the time. If I set the oven timer, I set a timer on the watch too, so if I'm away from the oven I'll have a reminder. If I have a spare half hour, I might set the timer for 15 minutes and take the dog for a walk and turn around for home when it beeps.

There's also a stopwatch, which I use to time my hikes and runs to see how long I've been out. I can also quickly display the date if I have a dingbat moment and don't know the date, usually on those rare occasions when you still have to write a check.

The only reason this doesn't get five stars is because, as others have noted, the clasp tends to open itself. Mine also gathers fuzz from fleecy clothing and blankets.

This purchase, made mostly out of nostalgia, has turned out to be my favorite watch, more so than my costlier sports watch and many expensive analog watches.

Casio Women's LA670WA-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch