Bought two for my daughters. The item seems to be about the same size as men's, but the bracelet length is shorter and more manageable for women/girls. My girls 11 and 12 year old loved this (looks, style). I guess resin is another way to say plastic, but this look good and does not look cheap.

There are many attractive Casio watches that have both the...
Published on October 9, 2009 by Young

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price
This is an ok watch for the price. Gets easily scratched. Not easy to adjust the analogue time. But overall it is a good watch for the price paid.
Published on June 26, 2010 by Kalu

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Solar watch, plastic but not cheap looking -- for my daughters., October 9, 2009
Young "GoRedSox" (San Jose, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Women's LCF30-7B Tough Solar Ana-Digi Sport Watch (Watch)

There are many attractive Casio watches that have both the atomic time sync, and solar powered -- but these are very thick for my taste (for my daughters -- too thick to wear often). This item just has the solar power option only and this watch is about as thick as other non-solar sports watches.

Positives
---------
- Easy adjustment controls, but IF and only IF, you are familiar with other Casio watches. Looks like Casio uses the common four button interface for most of analog/digital combo watches.
- For those not familiar w/ Casio button control,
Mode button cycles from clock => 2nd time zone time ==> count down timer ==> stop watch => clock alignment adjustment to digital time value.
Adjust button cycles between time => date in clock mode, and fairly obvious use in other modes.
- Instruction is bit lengthy but clear, meaning you could follow instructions step by step to do adjustments without getting confused. Fairly logical if you are a geek (as I am).
- NEVER need to adjust the analog hands to set the clock -- just use digital time setting, and the analog hands go to the right place after leaving the digital time setting mode. Cool.
- Solar -- primary reason for selecting this watch. Not opening the case to change a battery also means that this is likely to remain water proof (165 feet per spec) for the life of the watch. Came fully charged after 7 days of shipping transit time -- probably means that Casio's claim that fully charged watch will last 6~8 month w/o sunlight is believable.
- Automatic back light works well, and the back light illuminate the digital display well but not the analog hands well (but readable).

Negatives
---------
- Does not feel very thick but the watch is thick (13.8 mm is more than an half of inch thick (0.54"), but this is partly due to protective plastic bezel around the glass. Did not look bad on my 11 year old girls skinny wrist.
- As with any watch with more than one button, instructions and controls could be better, but I cannot see HOW it could be made better.

Neutral
-------
- Dual time zone name is clear for USA (Eastern, Central, etc, but not clear for the rest of the world, until you realize you need to use nearest major city's name.
- The analog hands WILL cover up a portion of the digital display -- and will annoy you if you want to use stop watch or read date (day is readable partially covered) on the half hour (or so). Price to pay for analog/digital combo watch with big analog dial.

Helpful Hints
--------------
- DO NOT confuse the time setting versus analog time (hands) to digital time (display) synchronization. Normally you should never use the 2nd mode. Time setting mode would display either day of the week or date, and analog/digital synchronization display the mode setting.
- Forewarning aside, if you are geek, you could use this for triple time zone, i.e. analog to show one time zone, digital skewed from the analog (intentionally) to show another, and the 2nd time zone, yet another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, great price!, April 14, 2010
Linn (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I love this watch! Straight out of the box, I was able to reset the time and put it on easily. I'm a big fan of Casio watches and I have bought quite a few of them in the past. Baby Gs squared face being my favorite. I like to wear white or light colored bands in the spring/summer seasons and this one is absolutely perfect. The price was perfect. But be forewarn, the neon light on the hands will not be seen in the dark if the watch has not been previously exposed to the light in a while. But after about 10-30 minutes under a lamp or sunlight or any kind of light it will be fine. The illumination on the digital section works well by just pressing the light button. No pre-exposure to light needed for that part.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, good instructions, kind of bulky, March 23, 2010
I ordered this watch to take on an outdoor vacation. The instructions that came for setting it were good, but it is a bit chunky and the plastic band is not comfortable for long periods of time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price, June 26, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, July 28, 2010
M. Jiang (South San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought it for my wife, but this seems to fit better with teenagers. Nonetheless, my wife likes it. it is light, decent looking, and best of all, solar powered.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not keep time, August 16, 2012
M.R. (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I liked the way it looked and I really wanted it to work, but I had the exact same issues that many of the users had, starting from the first use and progressively getting worse until it stopped working altogether. It would go dark when there was insufficient light, then pop back to life with the right time, then once in a while (twice a week or so) it would just reset itself to Jan 1 2000 so the digital was wrong and the analog was correct.

I live in Miami and work outdoors so there is no way I was not getting enough sun to charge it. Very frustrating, became known among my co-workers as "mary's crappy solar watch" because it was so unreliable in the field. Not recommended. Lasted less than a year... Shows the time right now as 88:99. Yeah.

Update: I was reluctant to go solar again, but I got the Casio Women's LWS200H-8ACF Solar Runners 120-Lap Digital Sport Watch and it is FAR superior. No problems so far. Cheaper than the Ani-Digi but not as cute. Wins form over function, definitely recommend it over this piece of junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great watch!, October 31, 2010
Suzi Girl (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I went white water rafting down the Grand Caynon in late July and needed a good sturdy water proof watch and this is it! A friend suggested I get a casio because that's all she uses for diving and I can see why. It was a little hard to program but once done, all it takes is wearing it in the sun for a while to recharge and you're good to go. The only down side is that the LCD display is really tiny and it was difficult to see the time at night, otherwise it's rugged and will be travelling with me for a long time to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch at Great Price, April 17, 2011
What I like about the watch are the price, the cool design and the solar power. It even auto winds one day when I took it out after two-week hiatus.

2.0 out of 5 stars Returning it - a lemon, January 5, 2011
David Muscato (Cranford, New Jersey) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch for my girlfriend, who is a fitness instructor, and is also going into the Peace Corps to serve in sub-Saharan Africa for two years. She needed a watch that was tough, did not require batteries, didn't look too expensive (she doesn't want to get mugged), and had a second hand or chronometer/stopwatch function and night-light for her fitness classes in the meantime.

This watch looked like it fit the bill, except that it is extremely difficult to use - the manual helps, of course, but it's too complicated to try to set the time, use the stopwatch, synchronize the hands to the digital time, etc. She needed a watch that was very easy to use, and this one wasn't it. The main reason we're sending it back, though, is that the watch doesn't work!

The hands keep getting off from the digital time, over the course of a day, by as much as hours. Some days the hands only get off from the digital time by as much as 10 minutes, but either way, this is unacceptable. I can understand if the hands get off by 20 seconds or so - even the most expensive watches on Earth (atomic watches aside) do that - but this is ridiculous.

It's a lemon. I would be happy to pay a little more for one that really worked, and I've heard good things about the Casio G-Shock/Baby G models, but to be honest we're a little burnt out on Casios. I know a sample size of 1 is too small to draw any conclusions, but she would feel better with a Timex, Victorinox, Seiko, etc. We'll see.

She says, "I like it; it's a nice-looking watch, it just stops sometimes. As far as aesthetics, it's a good size; it's a little bulky, but you expect that with a watch like this, but it's comfortable. I really have no idea how to use all the modes and functions, though. Bottom line, I like it, but it doesn't work."

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product at awesome price!, April 21, 2011
I wanted to buy a sports watch for myself since a long time but cost and appearance never merged! With this watch, my search finally got over. It looks stylish and did not hurt my pocket too much. There are reviews about the watch on Amazon that helped me make the decision and a few of them helped me learn the how-it-works part too :)
So if you're in doubt, I'd suggest go through all of them. Personally, I would recommend this product.