4.0 out of 5 stars nice looking watch for the price
Published on October 19, 2009 by KK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought!
1st of all - the blue color is a darkish royal blue - not the lighter blue as pictured. 2ndly, the watch is much, much smaller than what I expected. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention...but I wanted something I could see well with my 50+ eyes. Quality is what you'd expect for 20 bucks. Definitely not a fashion statement, but it does tell time.
Published 6 months ago by J. K. Houser

4.0 out of 5 stars nice looking watch for the price, October 19, 2009
KK "KK" (Gainesville, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Women's LTP1165A-2C Classic Sleek Silver-Tone Analog Watch (Watch)
I love the look of this watch. But, it took me a while to figure out how to adjust the band to fit my small wrist. You need needle-nose priers and a very small flathead screw driver (like the one that jewelers use. First, you need to remove the fasteners to make the band lay flat on a hard surface. Look at inside of the band to find the links with small dots (closer to the both ends of the band). Each dot is where a small L shaped fastening pin is secured. You need insert the screw driver and push it (not in) but in a manner to slide the pin out from the side. Then you can remove one link. You probably have to tap lightly to put the pin back when you put the band back together. Good luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dependable and Showy, January 3, 2007
C. Dan (Hudson on the Gulf, FL) - See all my reviews
Here is value for the money! Casio is dependable, and the watch is attractive. The only reason it did not rate 5 stars is the difficulity in the band links not staying in place after re-sizing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!!, January 9, 2007
Watch was as described in brand newcondition with instructions. Picture was perfect replica. Great SELLER!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, August 25, 2012
I bought this watch in black from Casio for my mother a few years back and she liked it so I came on here to buy it. The prices on Amazon are much better. Casio still sells this model on its site for $40. Anyway, the blue face like everyone else has said is really pretty. I agree that it isn't the most feminine styled watch as it has a bulkier and heavier feel to it than most women's watches, but I like it that way. I think it looks really good. My mom's watch has lasted for about 5 years and it's still going. She hasn't changed the battery on it yet. I hope mine will be the same.

As for the one and only con, it's what everyone else has said. The metal band comes larger than any average woman's wrist size. My mom's wrist is bigger than mine and she had to remove 1 link, I had to remove 2 for myself. The links are hard to figure out, but thanks to one of the reviewers and a YouTube video I figured it out (my dad could've figured it out eventually but that would've taken some time since he probably forgot how he did my mom's watch).

Anyway, here are some easy steps I learned from the YouTube video to remove the links. It's actually really easy once you figure it out.

1. You can choose to push the pin out at the links attached to the main clock so that you can lay the band down flat, but I opted not to do this. The pin is in there pretty tight and I remember my dad had to hammer it out on my mom's watch.
2. You need a very small flat head screwdriver (it is the easiest tool to use) and *maybe* a hammer and needle-nose pliers. I did fine with just the flathead.
3. On the inside of the band, you will see links with holes on one side and arrows pointing to the holes on the other side. The arrows indicate the direction you can expect the pin to slide out.
4. Take the flathead and put it in the hole of the link you want to remove. You want to position it in the hole more towards the side of the hole closest to the arrow (hard to describe).
5. Start to push the flathead towards the direction the arrow indicates. Notice the pin starting to come out of the side of the band.
6. You can then take needle-nose pliers and pull the pin out. I didn't have pliers so I used my fingers to pull it out. If you used the flathead to push the pin out enough, you can pinch the pin to pull it out very easily.
7. The link might not just fall apart, so lift the link towards the external side of the band and it will release.
8. When you've removed all the links you need and you're ready to put it back together, the pin should slide right back in securely. If not, hammering it in gently should work.

Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars Silver-toned dress watch, March 1, 2009
This watch is attractive. Be prepared to remove a couple of the links unless you have a large wrist.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought!, February 3, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, October 15, 2013
Love this watch. Taking links out of the band was a bit difficult. The face of the watch is a darker blue than it appears in the photo. This was a pleasant surprise, because I actually like it better!

5.0 out of 5 stars OOP Watch, February 5, 2010
It's attractive. It works well. It's no longer produced. I feel very lucky to have found it at Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, attractive watch, April 17, 2009
Beverlee Kutner "Bev K Ct" (Wilton, CT United States) - See all my reviews
Needed an everyday watch that would take some abuse on a daily basis. I am very delighted with this purchase. Nice watch -attractive -comfortable -and easy to read. The price was good as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, November 2, 2008
This watch arrived on time from Amazon and has a great blue face that is easy to read. I had to take two links out for it to fit my small wrist, but now it is perfect.

Rate and Discover Movies