Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 19, 2009
I love the look of this watch. But, it took me a while to figure out how to adjust the band to fit my small wrist. You need needle-nose priers and a very small flathead screw driver (like the one that jewelers use. First, you need to remove the fasteners to make the band lay flat on a hard surface. Look at inside of the band to find the links with small dots (closer to the both ends of the band). Each dot is where a small L shaped fastening pin is secured. You need insert the screw driver and push it (not in) but in a manner to slide the pin out from the side. Then you can remove one link. You probably have to tap lightly to put the pin back when you put the band back together. Good luck.
on August 25, 2012
I bought this watch in black from Casio for my mother a few years back and she liked it so I came on here to buy it. The prices on Amazon are much better. Casio still sells this model on its site for $40. Anyway, the blue face like everyone else has said is really pretty. I agree that it isn't the most feminine styled watch as it has a bulkier and heavier feel to it than most women's watches, but I like it that way. I think it looks really good. My mom's watch has lasted for about 5 years and it's still going. She hasn't changed the battery on it yet. I hope mine will be the same.

As for the one and only con, it's what everyone else has said. The metal band comes larger than any average woman's wrist size. My mom's wrist is bigger than mine and she had to remove 1 link, I had to remove 2 for myself. The links are hard to figure out, but thanks to one of the reviewers and a YouTube video I figured it out (my dad could've figured it out eventually but that would've taken some time since he probably forgot how he did my mom's watch).

Anyway, here are some easy steps I learned from the YouTube video to remove the links. It's actually really easy once you figure it out.

1. You can choose to push the pin out at the links attached to the main clock so that you can lay the band down flat, but I opted not to do this. The pin is in there pretty tight and I remember my dad had to hammer it out on my mom's watch.
2. You need a very small flat head screwdriver (it is the easiest tool to use) and *maybe* a hammer and needle-nose pliers. I did fine with just the flathead.
3. On the inside of the band, you will see links with holes on one side and arrows pointing to the holes on the other side. The arrows indicate the direction you can expect the pin to slide out.
4. Take the flathead and put it in the hole of the link you want to remove. You want to position it in the hole more towards the side of the hole closest to the arrow (hard to describe).
5. Start to push the flathead towards the direction the arrow indicates. Notice the pin starting to come out of the side of the band.
6. You can then take needle-nose pliers and pull the pin out. I didn't have pliers so I used my fingers to pull it out. If you used the flathead to push the pin out enough, you can pinch the pin to pull it out very easily.
7. The link might not just fall apart, so lift the link towards the external side of the band and it will release.
8. When you've removed all the links you need and you're ready to put it back together, the pin should slide right back in securely. If not, hammering it in gently should work.

Hope this helps!
on January 3, 2007
Here is value for the money! Casio is dependable, and the watch is attractive. The only reason it did not rate 5 stars is the difficulity in the band links not staying in place after re-sizing.
on January 9, 2007
Watch was as described in brand newcondition with instructions. Picture was perfect replica. Great SELLER!!!
on May 16, 2016
I love the watch, for the price it's really quite nice. It's heavy like jewelry not like a cheapie plastic thing. It's a little smaller than it lookes online, which i think is a good thing, it's exactly what I needed. The blue looks pretty similar to the photo to me, nice deep and rich blue. I read the reviews that said it was too big, but figured that i could have links removed if i needed to, but I do like to wear watches bracelet-style so they move freely on my arm. As it came, it is perfect as a bracelet on my 6.5" wrist. If i wanted it to "fit" i'd need to remove about 2 links I think. So I think possibly the reviews that said it was huge, are older reviews and Casio has changed the product? Anyway i've included photos of it so you can judge for yourself. Also, the clasp is really nice, it's a big one so you easily get the watch on and off, and has a spring release, not just a pressure release like most watches in this price range. I'm very happy with the purchase.
review image review image review image
on October 15, 2013
Love this watch. Taking links out of the band was a bit difficult. The face of the watch is a darker blue than it appears in the photo. This was a pleasant surprise, because I actually like it better!
on September 1, 2015
This is a great buy. It's very smart. It looks like an expensive time piece at a fraction of the cost. The blue face gives it even a richer look. After reading other reviews, I was hoping the band would be long enough because several reviewers said they had to have links removed. My wrists are a little large but it just fits. It's uncomfortable when the weather is warmer, but it still fits. My husband bought me a Fitbit so I've been wearing that lately. The Casio will more than likely be worn when it's cold outside! It's a great watch for the money. As long as it fits, you really can't go wrong.
on January 3, 2016
We got this for my 12 year old daughter for Christmas. She loves blue so she really liked it. She is very petite and isn't any bigger than most 9 year olds, and the watch still seemed to fit her fairly well after we removed several links. Which is not too hard to do if your somewhat mechanically inclined. There's YouTube videos to show you how. BE CAREFUL NOT TO LOSE THE KEYS! They're very tiny and hard to find!
on February 28, 2016
The watch is great. The band is huge...I need to have about 1/2 the links taken out. Guess what? Haven't found anyone who would do that.
AND, I still haven't (it's March 23rd!) The jeweler I took it to said his tool 'may' work, but it broke the band. It's a $20.00 mistake!

The return period has now expired (30 days).

Note to self: If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is!
on May 13, 2015
I have had this for awhile now and I thought I would write a review. I love this watch because I can wear this on dressier occasions and not worry about people looking at me funny for wearing my Timex Sports Watch. It also is great for me because it is stainless steel and I don't have a problem with it like others with nickel. The only problem is the bottom rubs and wears a little and you can see this spot if you look.