4.0 out of 5 stars Watches
I love this watch for many reasons, compact, clearly visible numbers, hourly signal. The only reason I gave it a four instead of a five is

Published on April 15, 2007 by Mary Weber

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost but not quite...
Published on February 8, 2008

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost but not quite..., February 8, 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Casio Women's LW201-1AV Digital Alarm Chronograph Watch (Watch)
The reliability of Casio watches are great but the buttons on the sides always depress too easily, so you can unwittingly change what mode you're in with a mere flick of the wrist (depending how loose you wear it) or a bump from some sliding bracelets on the same arm. Annoying because if you're looking for the time, the watch could have switched to the Alarm mode or to 24 HR mode without you being aware. So you have to go through all the cycles to get the time mode to display again. I had this problem with my older Casio and was hoping this new one would be better. Not so -- in fact, a wee bit more fussy because it has one more function button than my other one. But it's still a nice, functional, daily-wear watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Watches, April 15, 2007

that one of the four command buttons, the one that runs the watch through all four time sequences, is located on the 'southwest' location of the face and where my wrist frequently hits it when flexing. Thus, I look down and find I have to scroll through to get the time. Were it located on the 'northeast' side, this would not happen (I believe). I would easily purchase another, and certainly recommend it. Thanks for the opportunity to review. Mary

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 4 years of sweaty use, March 17, 2012
I received this as a gift in high school, and it has gotten me to sophomore year of college. My reliable wrist companion has gone through 6 out of 7 sevens days of hard running, my best races as well as my worst. It has been there to wake me up for class every morning, guided me through my daily schedule. Alas the band finally succumbed to copious amount wrist sweat. Luckily I can put my companion to rest, as a pocket watch (10 year battery, say what?), and buy an identical one for 13 dollars. I didn't even consider looking for another model, and thank the internet for making this replacement so easy and possible.

4.0 out of 5 stars tough and functional, September 8, 2009
I've bought this watch at least 3 times over the past 8 years. The controls make sense and always seem to work, the case is really water-tight and shock proof; I'm happy they put a 10-year battery in them now. My only complaints: the "crystal" scratches easily and the strap is annoying - if you trim it to fit your wrist, it comes undone. If you don't trim it, the stiff end catches on things. Small price to pay for a seriously inexpensive, fully functional watch that survives just about everything. I'll buy another when this one's battery wears out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, September 1, 2009
I really like this watch! It is not very bulky at all. And, the set up of the features is much easier than most watches I've had. I would definitely buy this model again because I like the features and the ease of use. There are two drawbacks. The notches in the band do not conform with my wrist! The watch would fit so much better if there was a slot 1/2 way between the two slots I must choose from for the watch to fit! If I use the notch that is slightly loose, then the watch face pivots toward the far side of my wrist, and I can't see the face with just a glance toward my wrist. But, the one that makes it snugger, is too snug. I also notice that the buttons are very easy to hit and thus change the normal time mode. I've looked at the watch to find it on military time, or the alarm time. But, overall, I am very pleased with the watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not women's, May 12, 2014
This watch should be classed under kids watch. It's VERY SMALL. From top to bottom or side to side of the face is less that 1 inch. So needless to say the digits are quite small too. Very disappointed since I purchased this as a gift for mother's day.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty bad, December 22, 2012
My neighborhood was experiencing an uncharacteristic spate of daytime hold ups and I didn't want to walk around with a visible watch of any value. I figured I'd get something basic and uncomplicated that I could also use while gardening. I had it for less than a week before abandoning it. I must have unintentionally been pressing the control buttons, because I'd look down to find numbers bearing no relation to the current time. I decided that life's too short to subject myself to the frustration of wearing a watch where this could happen so easily. Fortunately it cost little enough I could discard it without much guilt.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast shipping, great price., February 29, 2012
this watch is perfect, I got it for my wife, it has a ten year battery, bright light, a loud alarm that will wake you up when you need to get ready, and you can wear this watch while you take a shower or go swimming, and it is small, perfect for a small wrist, or if you like a small watch, my wife did not refuse to wear this watch and that is a good sign, strong and rugged this little watch is everything you need when working around the house, did I say a great price? we may get a second.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, small sports watch, May 31, 2014
Audre (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Works well once you get the secret of the buttons straight. Comfortable on the wrist. The "light" leaves something to be desired, but will allow for a view in most dark situations. I think the face has some unnecessary writing and designs on its surface. The time and date would be clearer and the view less crowded without them. It would even be more handsome. But the watch works and keeps the time!

3.0 out of 5 stars It keeps time, it fits on my arm, but its "user interface" isn't very well thought-out., August 24, 2013
It keeps time, it fits on my arm, but its "user interface" isn't very well thought-out. The alternate time: what's it for? Other time-zones? Then why isn't some number of hours away from the primary clock? It is a completely independent time. The function selector should take you straight back to the main time after you do something with one of the other functions. For example, after I'm done using the stopwatch, I don't need to be cycled through the alternate time.