|Item Weight||6.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9.2 x 4.8 x 4.3 inches|
|Item model number||FX-9860GSLIM|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||FX-9860GSLIM|
Casio fx-9860G Slim Graphing Calculator
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Available RAM/Flash ROM 64KB/1.5MB
- Number and Constant Memory
- Interface Icon Menu
- Lines x characters 8 x 21
- Screen Size (Pixels) 64 x 128
Browse our Teacher Supplies store, with everything teachers need to educate students and expand their learning.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The pros and cons as I see it are:
1) It has all the standard features that we have come to expect on such a machine, plus the inclusion of an electronic OS upgrade capability from the Casio educational website. This is done using a USB interface with a PC computer and is also quite fast and easy to set up. The current OS production version is 1.10, but it can be upgraded to the OS version 2.0 (which is almost entirely compatible with the current system hardware) at Casio's educational website.
2) The machine itself is quite fast with a nice graphical interface and resultant plotting system. The resultant plots are high quality and with the many added features available for enhancement are very intuitive for the learning process.
3) It has a nice and quite modern, folding clamshell body design that sits very nicely both on a desk or a table as well as in your hand. It even has two feet for great stability that are constructed on the bottom at the back of the very well made unit.
4) It has a very large amount of onboard main memory, plus additional Flash memory for tackling quite memory intensive problems.Read more ›
There is an excellent on-line help feature that is quite easy to use once you get the hang of it. Also one can add applications by connecting to the Casio web site via the supplied USB cable. The item comes packaged with a flimsy Quick-Start guide with very tiny font and pale lettering but I just used the enclosed CD to copy, print, and enlarge the Quick-Start. Also the CD comes with a full-fledged User's Manual in PDF format that is 600 pages! Yes, you read it correctly - 600 pages.
I mostly use the calculator for integration, min-max, and plotting. But later I'll probably hit the statistics portion quite often.
There is one drawback with this product and that is it does not come with the Computer_Algebra_System and there is no 3D graphing. But for 3D I use the software on my laptop and right now I don't need 3D that often. The CAS thing is somewhat inhibiting but for the price of this item and for what it does this is a GREAT VALUE. Casio surely hit a home run with the slimline. Hopefully in a couple of years I'll get the workpad also by Casio.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This Casio fx-9860G Slim has a few problems. The help button brings up nothing at all. There are a few kinds of graphs that doesn't work. I'm afraid to try to update the OS. Read morePublished 3 months ago by ted hessel
Everything about this calculator is awesome. I don't have to keep track of the case (which can be a problem sometimes). Read morePublished 20 months ago by Halee
I found this graphing calculator to be very helpful in my math class at the university. It had a little bit of a learning curve, but was good after that.Published on March 12, 2013 by Weslyn
I bought this item used and the seller listed it in good condition, if I remember correctly. It shipped very quickly to me here in Afghanistan and is in excellent condition! Read morePublished on February 11, 2013 by Bri
I like the calculator. It has some design features that bug me (like not being able to calculate %CV or RMSD from a list.. Read morePublished on November 26, 2011 by Sonia Dragulin
This was a fantastic purchase. It is more amazing in features than I thought. It is beautifully small - so easily portable, light and fancy looking. Read morePublished on June 27, 2011 by Mable
User friendly. Sleek looking. The best part ... you can calculate in the dark. It can't be used as a torch though.Published on November 29, 2010 by aks
I like qualities of my Casio, such as the screen light up, its graphics capabilities and versatility with which manages the mathematical problems, even if simple or complex. Read morePublished on September 21, 2010 by Darling