From the Inside Flap
Cassell's Spanish Dictionary This is the thoroughly revised and updated edition of Cassell's internationally known Spanish dictionary. The two scholars responsible for this undertaking are Anthony Gooch, the Director of Hispanic Studies at the London School of Economics, and Angel García de Paredes, a former lecturer at Birkbeck College, London, and the Language Research Centre at the Polytechnic of Central London, who now heads the translation department of the International Sugar Organization. Special features of this new edition include
- New socio-political, economic and colloquial Spanish vocabulary brought into use by recent changes
- New comprehensive verb tables
- New bibliography of Spanish and English dictionaries
- Latin-American usage as well as Castilian and regional dialects of Spain.
Cassell's Famous Dictionaries French-English, English-French Standard and Concise Editions German-English, English-German Standard and Concise Editions Spanish-English, English-Spanish Standard and Concise Editions Italian-English, English-Italian Standard Edition English-Dutch, Dutch-English Standard Edition Latin-English, English-Latin Standard and Concise Editions A series of companion volumes showing the peculiarities of meaning and usage in colloquial speech, the intricacies of which cannot be adequately explained in a standard dictionary. Cassell's Colloquial French Cassell's Colloquial German Cassell's Colloquial Italian Cassell's Colloquial Spanish
From the Back Cover
Cassell's Bilingual Dictionaries Acclaimed Worldwide Since 1854
- New-wave socio-political, economic and colloquial Spanish vocabulary brought into use by recent changes.
- New comprehensive verb tables, bibliography of Spanish and English dictionaries.
- Incorporates modern scientific, technical, political and industrial terms.
- Embodies Latin-American terms with local usages in South and Central America as well as the Castilian and regional dialects of Spain.
- Contains proper names, grammatical information and irregular plural forms.