Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 5, 2005
Originally I wanted to purchase a Sony cassette adapter for my IPod mini, but the local Target store had them priced at $29.00. The Belkin adapter was cheaper so I bought it instead - BIG MISTAKE !! I think the first indication as to how bad this product really was happened when my car cassette player literally spit it out and shot it across the passenger cabin in my car. Was my cassette player trying to tell me something ? I think so ! The adapter was reinsterted into the cassette player multiple times before it finally found the exact perfect fit to produce quality sound. I eventually purchased a Phillips cassette adapter for my iPod mini, and it works as intended. Shame on you Belkin for making and selling such a poor piece of equipment.
on February 4, 2005
After shelling out $40 for a TuneCast that was very good at consistently delivering quality static through my car stereo, I thought there was no way anyone could muck up a cassette adaptor. I was wrong. This time, I can hear my iPod music, but only through the left speakers. It's great, because I always thought a lot of those old Beatles songs would've been great if Sir George Martin didn't have to go and add all that extra instrumentation on the right side.
on February 17, 2006
I've spent nearly 100 dollars on Belkin related accessories for my iPod and they all have disappointed me greatly. The tape seems to flip sides about 3-5 times through every song. I will never purchase another Belkin product again.
on June 3, 2005
This product is the worst purchase I have made for my ipod. I thought if I purchased the more "expensive" tape/adapter I would have a better chance at it working well in my car. Boy was I wrong. This thing NEVER worked. My cassette player in my car continually spit this out. I ended up going to buying the $9.99 RCA adapter at Kmart which worked perfectly in my car. Don't bother with this worthless thing. Buy the cheaper RCA adapter and you will save yourself $10 and have a product that works.
on June 25, 2005
I was happy with this product for a while, occasionally using it in a Subaru Forester with no problems. Then I got my own car, a Mitsubishi Diamante, and it just spits the thing out. I was really frustrated until I saw that pretty much everyone else on the Internet can't use it either. Was this thing even tested?
on May 9, 2004
I feel a little bad giving 1 star, but since the device didn't work at all in my tape-deck, I can't really give anything higher. I drive a 2003 Toyota Prius, with the factory tape deck. I spent twenty minutes or so doing various (essentially voodoo) techniques to get my tape-deck to recognize the cassette adapter. No luck. It was, however, very simple to return. I am relatively tech savy, and have used several cassette adapters before, so the problem is one of compatibility rather than user error (the device is nothing if not straight-forward). I might note that my brother uses the same cassette adapter in the factory tape-deck of his '96 Land Rover Discovery and it works just fine. So perhaps only Toyota drivers need be cautious. Whatever the case, good luck.
on July 3, 2004
Recently purchased this unit. Works (kind of) in a 2003 Prius - rattles like crazy when inserted in the factory cassette. Doesn't work at all in my 1999 Honda Odyssey - factory sound. Reverses forward and back, forward and back, then ejects.
on February 13, 2006
This is a real piece of junk. I purchased it to work with my iPod Nano. I don't drive that much. Maybe 45 minutes per day and after about 2 months, it had started making a clacking sound as the wheels turned. Not a huge deal because I'm mostly listening to audiobooks, but annoying nonetheless.

After three months, it would get spit out from the cassette player every 30 seconds or so.

I replaced it with a Sony adapter that was $29.00 at Target. Not only does this one work, but it made me realize just how crummy the audio was from the Belkin piece of junk. Many other reviewers comment on only playing one bank of speakers and that was a problem I had as well.
on September 5, 2006
Absolutely 100% awful. Do NOT waste your money. This is the second Belkin product that I have regretted buying. Finally, yesterday, I threw it directly in the trash. It was virtually impossible to listen to my iPod at a normal volume because I had to drown out the constant clicking and fading caused by the tape component. Save yourself the trouble -- check out the Sony CPA 9C -- MUCH better -- you can hear your music, not the tape.
on February 23, 2005
I bought the Belkin because it is the "standard" brand for Ipod accessories. I should of read the reviews... doesn't work with Bose factory sound in my 2003 Maxima. Insert adapter and it switches from side 1 to side 2 and then ejects. I tried an XM radio tape adapter, and a Sony tape adapter and both worked. So it isn't the factory sound, it's the Belkin cassette adapter. Save yourself 20 bucks and find another brand.