5.0 out of 5 stars Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook fits well in my kitchen.
Published 7 months ago by George Hanson

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
is not like order but good
Published 1 month ago by Carlos A. Grana

5.0 out of 5 stars Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook fits well in my kitchen., February 15, 2014
This review is from: The Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Recipes for the Best Pan in Your Kitchen (Paperback)
I am getting reaquainted with my cast iron pans. The versatility of these pans is amazing. I am most appreciative of the thermal properties of the cast iron. This book has a lot of beautiful recipes in it. I have tried a few and so far they have turned out well in all cases. It is an idea book. It encourages some recipe modifications and variations and you can read such things as "Try this recipe with golden beets.". Cooking dinner tonight, I used two cast iron skillets. I used one to cook a dessert recipe directly from this book and I used the other to cook an entre inspired by reading this book. Both efforts were quite successful. The dessert was memorable and I will certainly make it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cast iron cook book, November 19, 2013
Perfect cookbook for cast iron cooks, pictures are beautiful and looking forward to trying out the recipes for all meal types.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well laid out, February 18, 2014
I like every recipe I've tried in this book so far and am happy with this purchase. The one area I didn't like about it was the flour is listed in cups instead of weighted which would be preferred, with a cups bracketed next to it perhaps for outdoor cooking at camps. Otherwise very nice and pictures are great also.

5.0 out of 5 stars A reasonably priced cookbook for serious comfort food., April 1, 2014
You'll find some really good recipes here and you don't have to use a cast iron skillet if you don't want to. In the "especially good eats" category are dishes like Joe's Special which is based on the San Francisco classic dish and Eggplant-pepper Tapenande (called zaalouk in Morocco).. If you plan on purchasing a cast iron skillet be sure to read the chapter on what to look for and also how to season the skillet before using it.

Foodies give this cookbook serious consideration. It is worth every cent.

Book provided by publisher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 3, 2014
Jesse (Tacoma, WA, US) - See all my reviews
I was very excited to get this book finally. It had been on my wish list for a while. I have so far just made the banana bread, and that turned out very delicious. I look forward to making more recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Cookbook, January 13, 2014
This is an udated and fun cookbook to coordinate with a gift of a cast iron skillet. It is well written and has a wide variety of recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Have" For The Consummate Cook, September 21, 2014
Saw this cookbook in a shop in New Orleans French Quarter and I had to have it. Growing up in Louisiana we used lots of cast iron skillets for cooking. I have made a few recipes from the book which turned out very good. I love cookbooks and had to have this one for my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars good cookbook, June 6, 2014
lots of good ideas. Easy recipies and limited ingredients. Great addition to my library. Will order more books at a later time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 23, 2014
Just bought my first skillet - Loved the way the recipe turned out

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book., April 23, 2014
Great book with great ideas. Wished there were more pictures. That would have helped with the appeal for cookbooks. Thanks.

$19.95 $13.30