Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Last Sacrifice forum

Cast the VA movies...GO!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 12, 2010 10:33:53 AM PST
Mule81 says:
We have thought a lot about this, so here goes!
Rose: Odette Yustman
Dimitri: Ben Barnes
Lissa: Julie Marie Berman, or Brittany Snow
Christian: Gaspard Ulliel or Chase Crawford
Adrian: Garrett Hedlund
Tasha: Shannyn Sossamon
Mason: Steven McQueen
Janine: Famke Janssen
Abe: Oded Fehr
Mia: Ashley Benson
Eddie: Jackson Rathbone

Always think it is better to aim a bit older, in order to reach a larger audience like they di with Twilight. Can't wait for the movie!

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 10:38:01 AM PST
JRogers says:
Ben Barnes was interviewed recently about fans wanting him to be cast as Dimitri. The interviewer asked if he had heard of this or Vampire Academy.

He responded something along the lines, "Vampire Academy? No I haven't"

And he did so in a Russian accent.

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 10:41:51 AM PST
Mule81 says:
Oh, that is a good sign :-) Yay!

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 2:41:27 PM PST
nycchic120 says:
I am not really feeling this Ben Barnes guy. I think I heard his name before because some Twilight fans wanted him to play Edward Cullen. So I googled him and he looks pretty young. He is in his twenties but he looks very fresh faced and looks like a boy. Dimitri's character is described as a man and very tall and built. Someone tough. I don't envision Ben as him.

I like Oded Fehr. He's a great actor. And Odette Yustman would make a great Rose!

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 5:44:56 PM PST
Crimsonblues says:
I agree, I love Ben Barnes and I know everyone seem to want him in Dimitri's role, but I don't think he's anything like Dimitri... He shouldn't be cast just because he's sexy and has long hair. Dimitri has a more manly vibe and Ben seems too young. However, I feel that Odette is completely PERFECT, especially since I wouldn't like VA movies to be played by Twilight/Gossip Girl/Vampire Diaries actors... I don't know I would prefer them to have new faces so I could fully relate them to VA characters only.

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 1:36:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2010 1:55:49 PM PST
Jen says:
Ben Barnes is so freaking ugly and he'e very metrosexual. Not manly at all. Casting him for Dimka would be akin to casting Pattinson for Twilight's Edward - like dousing fan "fire" with water. Blah.

Oded Fehr is hot and a great actor, yes, but he's also too old too play a believable Dimka. Correction - he LOOKS too old. He'd be a great Abe, though. I nominate Henry Cavill for Dimitri. SWOOOOON. THAT'S a real man.

Garret for Adrian is a HELL NO. Adrian is supposed to be hot. Garrett is not hot.

Odette is beautiful, but Rose has darker, more exotic features. Mead especially played up her eyes. I'd say either Monica Belluci or Taina Muller with tans would be great. lol

Okay, I'll stop ranting now.

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 8:02:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2010 8:10:39 PM PST
Ben Barnes i saw from the beginning as Dimitri. But he is kinda young (25 i think)and he is popular because of Narnia so i wouldn't cast him. If Ian Somerhalder wasn't in Vampire Diaries i would say he'd make a dark haired version of Adrian. Odette totally for Rose. She's sensual yet intelligent.
As long as no Robert Pattison or Taylor Lautner (werewolf dude, right?) types play any of these character and they CAN act, i think the movie will be a huge success. Not doubt bigger than Twilight.

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 8:08:30 PM PST
Crimsonblues says:
I agree I totally thought about Ian Somerhalder as Adrian, but again, he's already in a vamp series so... I'd rather have new faces! Though Odette is perfect! Did you guys know that the first role she played was a character named Rosa? Haha sorry for my obsession with stupid unnecessary facts but hey, just sayin' :)

Ps. For all who still can't picture Odette as Rose you should see the trailer of "And now the darkness" and you'll be convinced!

Posted on Dec 24, 2010 8:08:09 AM PST
nycchic120 says:
LOL J Fernandez, I totally agree. I didn't want to be mean, but I also think Ben Barnes isn't attractive at all. He looks like a LITTLE BOY and very feminine. He looks 14, and Dimitri is supposed to be a masculine man.

Ian Somerhalder is a good suggestion for Adrian because he is a pretty boy and his eyes match. And I absolutely adore Monica Bellucci, but she looks too old to play Rose. I think Odette is a good choice.

Dimitri is the hard one. I cant think of anyone who would be good to play him. He's very tall (6'6-6'7) and built with dark hair & eyes. Henry Cavill is a way better choice than Ben Barnes, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 10:25:09 PM PST
my Dimitri will always be Marcus Schenkenberg in his younger years.Even today he is hot. But thats dimka and he is 6 4. Ben Barnes is not right for this role.
what about Daniel Cudmore? He is tall, built and can be very intimidating...but yes he did have a role in twilight as felix....just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2010 12:05:23 PM PST
Chris Carden says:
I had to look up all the Dimitri possibilities except Ian. I agree with you Anita, that the best out of the ones listed would be Marcus Schenkenberg as far as looks go. I don't know if he can act or if he fits height wise, but the guy on the cover of Spirit Bound looks like a fantastic Dimitri to me.
Carol

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 6:03:21 PM PST
HaiAu says:
I vote Lyndsy Fonseca as Rose. I love her on Nikita!

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 1:22:31 AM PST
C. Bell says:
I think Odette would be a great Rose or as a 2nd choice, Lyndsy Fonseca also. Great call HaiAu. I like Marcus Schenkenberg for Dimitri just as Chris Carden said. Oded Fehr would be a great Abe. I agree with Gaspard Ulliel for Christian. The movie can't happen quick enough for me.

Posted on Jan 12, 2011 5:47:58 PM PST
I feel like Odette looks too old and...plastic to play Rose. I wouldn't be able to see her kicking any Strigoi butt, and I don't think anyone wants to see a great series turned into an Ultraviolet type movie. Also I don't think she has to necessarily be tan. Mead describes her that way due to her Turkish half, but all my Turkish friends are actually pretty pale. I agree with Crimsonblues about Ben Barnes- the man's sexy, but he's too pretty, and not tall enough. Now a shaved Joe Mangianello (I think I spelled that right, but either way he's the actor of Alcide on True Blood) would work really well I think, and he's 6'5'' of beautiful man muscle with the right coloring.

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 10:39:40 AM PST
I loved this series.....read all the books in about 4 days and I think they would make incredible movies. I hope they fallow the story line really well. The twilight movies were ok but huge dissapointments compared to the books. and please no Ben Barnes for dimitri....hes not hot at all and in the books hes supposed to be like a god so give us someone fun to look at

Posted on Feb 24, 2011 7:08:09 PM PST
I saw a mock movie trailer on youtube where they had Aidan Turner from BBC's "Being Human" as Dmitri. I'd be ok with that :)

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 8:56:21 AM PDT
Always kinda pictured the guy who played Viktor Krum in Harry Potter...Stanislav Ianevski, has that dark Dimitri look! And as much as I love Ben Barnes, as Dimitri, that a definite NO!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 9:43:14 AM PDT
Chris Carden says:
Hey Melissa,
I totally agree with you about Ben Barnes. I just think he looks a little too young to play Demitri. Not really crazy about the Stanislav guy either. I don't really think he's "hot" enough. So far of all the choices I've heard, I like Taylor Kitsch more than any of the others. I'm sure there's even someone better than him though. Too bad the guy on the book covers isn't an actor. He's the one to beat as far as I'm concerned. He's just too perfect.

Carol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 1:00:44 PM PDT
Yeah Taylor's good too, still too pretty I think...as for the book one I see as more of an Adrian...now the guy in the graphic yum!! If only he was real!! But that's how Dimka should look, not pretty but rough, sweet but still with that hard look!! Guess we'll just have to keep looking!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 6:50:25 PM PDT
Chris Carden says:
Hey Melissa,
I'm definitely still looking for the perfect Demitri. Every time we go to a movie, I'm searching for our perfect Dimka. Not that it'll make a lot of difference. I'm sure the movie producers already have someone in mind and they don't really care what we think unfortunately. I'm still going to keep looking though.

Carol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2011 2:10:51 PM PDT
As of now I'm just content with the graphic novels, the 1st one was really spot one...don't think anyone would really measure up to the characters in the book! Plus I'd rather not have a movie than have them mess them up like they tend to do with every adaptation there is!! Just keep the graphic novels coming!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2011 6:39:07 PM PDT
Chris Carden says:
The movies are never as good as the books, but I still think it would be fun to watch them try, especially if they get actors that are right for the parts.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2011 7:46:44 PM PDT
It would...just makes me sooo nervous with the whole casting thing!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 8:51:52 AM PDT
Chris Carden says:
Who knows, maybe they'll come up actors that are perfect that we would have never considered. I think Twilight did a really good job in casting Edward's and Jacob's part. Hopefully VA will be equally as good.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011 10:05:22 AM PDT
Chris Carden says:
I saw a Hallmark movie last night with a guy that looked like he could make a decent Demitri. His name is Wes Brown. He looked to be about 6'3 or 6'4. He just needed that Russian accent and longer hair.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Last Sacrifice forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Dec 12, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Last Sacrifice
Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (Hardcover - December 7, 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars (906)