5.0 out of 5 stars All remakes should be this good!
Published 15 months ago by K. Donofrio

3.0 out of 5 stars Miss the Mickey games we had growing up...
This isn't your normal Mickey Mouse game you played in your teen years, or at least my teen years.

The game is a simple side scrolling adventure that isn't very forgiving. You do have a life bar to try and keep yourself alive, but coupled with cheap hits that shouldn't happen keep this game from being 5 stars.

For the price it's worth picking up on...
Published 8 months ago by Curtis Adams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars All remakes should be this good!, September 6, 2013
K. Donofrio (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
Let me start off by saying I have played this on a friend's PC and it is beyond what I had expected. The animation of Mickey is superb and is back to its original form. The voices are great too. The background is livelier than any other remake I have ever seen. The music is stellar. I have yet to find anything wrong with this game. You play the game unlocking doors by finding diamonds scatter throughout. Like most platform games these days, there are secrets galore.

For $15 you can not go wrong. You don't even need that fast of a PC or that great of a video card like you do with Ducktales Remastered, another incredible remake made just last month. I can not recommend this game enough. Disney did such a wonderful with this game that I really can not wait to see if any other classics are remade. I am not a fan of remakes, but the movie producers can learn so much from these programmers. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars M I C K E Y M O U S E, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I purchased this for my 5 year old daughter because, it's Mickey Mouse, and he's going to rescue Minnie. She wanted me to play through it for her as it isn't simple as you might believe. If that's what you're thinking let me end that preconception for you. This is a real game that is on par with something like Sonic the Hedgehog. You will need a controller and know how to use it. My daughter passed the controller to me because the timing on jumps, especially in the clouds, is not for rookies. The boss fights are also up to par but nothing is over the top. You'll figure out the pattern and then it's smooth sailing. Still I found myself playing those bosses more than I anticipated. This game is a gem as the graphics, voice, and ambiance are all on point. My daughter refers to it as movie when she requests that I play another chapter. I've spaced it out to one a day as a chapter takes a good 30 minutes if you are picking everything up. Anyways, she loves it and I love it and I'm glad that I purchased it. I've been wanting to get it for her since it came out but I waited for this sale for under $4 which is practically theft. I feel bad not paying after playing this it really is worth the $30 bucks. I think it's usually $15 now as a base price and that's a steal. Don't be put off by thinking this is a kids game it's about as childlike as Sonic or Super Meat Boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic reimagining, November 2, 2013
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I cannot speak for the keyboard controls, but platforming using a 360 pad is precise and rewarding. The atmosphere is outstanding as well. It feels like the game Rare would have made if they were tasked with making Super Mario 64 with the Disney liscense; absolutely brilliant and utterly charming!

3.0 out of 5 stars Miss the Mickey games we had growing up..., May 1, 2014
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)

For the price it's worth picking up on sale on Steam or Amazon, but only for those that really want to feel nostalgia and play a Mickey game again. If they would put out the older games in HD they would be worth paying for more than this new game.

My two cents... been gaming for over 30 years, take it as you will

3.0 out of 5 stars An "ok" platformer., January 31, 2014
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I didn't like it much, levels were easy boring, even the "hard" parts were easy. At least it looks great and plays pretty smoothly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mickey!, January 26, 2014
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I play the sega genesis version, and this remake is beautiful, music, adventure, suspense.
Need more remakes of genesis games!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Mickey and he's back!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I played the crud out of the original Castle of Illusion on Game Gear. I didn't have a Genesis till a few years later where I kinda grew out of Disney for a while like we all do so never played the Genesis original then. Played it years later and it was good as well. Heck I even picked up the Epic Mickey spinoff on 3DS Power of Illusion and loved it when others didn't. So this game is a real treat. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great old school platformer,, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
This game brings back the early days of gaming. I'd say pick it up, it is generally worthwhile for the nostalgia alone to play it for a few hours.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute idea, very slow, doesn't work, June 22, 2014
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I couldn't even play it because it was too slow and didn't work. It seems like a good game, but not reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars True nostalgia., May 24, 2014
This review is from: Castle of Illusion [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
The game is fun and that is all it needs to be. This isn't meant to be higher levels of meat boy type platforming. You can play this with your kids or alone in your headphones. I love it. Better than the original and the graphics on PC with SGSSAA are fantastic and jaggy free. Really some nice level design here complemented by all the Mickey lore. Absolute gem for whatever low price you can find it at. Plenty of collectibles and different suits for Mickey to wear so the game has decent longevity for 5 bucks. Recommended. 60 FPS goodness is available on PC.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›