Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$19.99

on October 3, 2013
I rated this show 5 stars because it was extremely intense and had you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Everything from the cast, crew, writing, production, editing, etc. is top notch. Job well done to all.
on September 27, 2013
The initial scene is perfect. After five years, it is fun to see Beckett and Castle express their mutual love throughout the episode so naturally now that they finally have committed to each other. Elements of the story require suspension of disbelief, but the twists in the plot are unexpected and intriguing. We have to suspend final judgment until we see the conclusion of the story in upcoming episodes.
on October 3, 2013
Superb. Great story line, interplay of usual characters, plus guests. Tension maintained while integrating current political concerns and world events. Even though the ultimate outcome was known [Castle survives] the process of story development was outstanding.
on October 14, 2013
We've been watching Castle since its first season. The writing continues to be engaging and the actors have developed the characters' individual natures pretty well; they all keep evolving as people tend to do. We like that Castle's mom and daughter have recurring roles in the show. Crime solving mixed with a little humor is a nice touch. By the way, we enjoy getting Castle as an On Demand download from Amazon, (Amazon did not ask me to say that!)
on October 4, 2013
Amazingly brilliant love this show, i just can not get enough amazed that amazon had it so quickly and very good video quality
on September 24, 2013
This first episode was great. all that I hoped it would be. Becketts first days on the job seem a little difficult, and Castle doesn't seem to make it any easier. The one thing I wasn't ready for was the cliff hanger at the end. Of course we all know that everything turns out ok because we have the rest of the season to complete.All and all it was a great season priemer. Look forward to the rest of the season.
on May 24, 2014
Becket, in wedding dress, looking on as Castle's car burns? And I have to wait all summer to find out? Now that's a cliffhanger! Even after 6 years, these characters have a dynamic chemistry that keeps the viewer engaged, enthralled, and all too frequently at the edge of their seat. But don't take my word for it - check it out for yourself.
on August 26, 2014
I can't believe how good this show has been. Not one episode has been boring or seemed the same as another one. The whole thing has been entertaining and exciting. It has been so intriguing how the story line has stayed consistent with the characters' relationships and personal lives along with keeping it such a thrilling and suspenseful drama with the crimes being solved. I especially enjoy Kate and Rick's friendship and how their relationship dynamic has grown closer and deeper throughout all the episodes to finally wanting to get married. I cannot WAIT for season 7 this September.
on February 4, 2014
Castle has been one of my "go-to's" since cable cutting.

Basically, Castle is a writer of mystery novels, got involved with the cops, when a murderer started mimicking murders from his novels, found Kate Beckett and spent the next 4 seasons chasing tail, until he finally caught up to her in season 5.

I had worried that it would lose it's momentum after the relationship tension abated, but to date they've managed to keep it all going and fairly intelligently. It's gone through phases, completely secret relationship, only close friends (not management) knows, up to season 6 where's it's all pretty much public.

You get a murder, a gross murder scene and most times a decent mystery of sorts. Characters interactions are well written and at some points priceless (season 5 "Undead again", one of my favorite episodes).

There is some diversion where they break from the formula. Season 6, beginning, Beckett winds up getting a job in Washington and the supporting cast for the most part gets left behind. BUT, they've since sorted that out and the episodes are "decent" this season. I have hopes that it's on the upswing, so sticking with it.

Lord knows how many times I've watched some of these episodes (my son has started throwing objects at me when I repeat the dialogue along with the episode.... so, there's that).

A bit gross at times, but good humor, good mystery and seldom gets too full of itself.
on January 22, 2014
Like many tv crime dramas the show is very formulaic, often cheesy. The opening scene is a murder. Then we check in with Castle for some funny interactions with his mother and/or daughter. Then the call from Beckett and they start working the case. During Act two they take two to three erroneous turns: they hold the wrong person(s), overlook evidence, question a few character actors.

Eventually, Castle returns home and resumes the fun dialogue with the family, as the scene concludes some off-handed remark brings it all together for Castle. He knows who dunnit.

Act three, Castle and Beckett finally find the correct murderer, bring the suspect in for questioning, present evidence the viewer was never privy to and the killer cracks under pressure and confesses all.

That being said, Nathan Fillion and some fun, clever writing and plots make the show totally worth it.

A lot of shows suffer when the guy and girl with all the chemistry finally get together, but somehow it got better. They pulled it off.