Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on March 13, 2015
Although it says "Full Grain Leather" right in the title, this belt is actually "Genuine Leather," and marked on the inner part of the belt. I see that some of the other comment say that it is indeed full grain, but I am disappointed to learn that it is not. Genuine leather is typically bonded scraps of low-grade leather, and will fray and separate, not age nicely and develop a patina.
review image
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2013
I'm so pleased that I found this belt - I've been frustrated over the past few years with department store belts in the $50-70 range that are 'top grain' leather. That sounds good, right? Wrong. Top grain leather belts are nice to look at, but they are a sub-millimeter thick layer of nice leather glued to a synthetic pleather or bonded leather (that is - tiny shreds of leather scraps glued and pressed together) backing. The result is that inevitably, after a few months, the belt stretches out, the layers start to separate in the vicinity of the sharp bend at the buckle, and I get frustrated and throw it away.

This belt, however - is the real deal. FULL grain leather is the full thickness of the hide. It doesn't stretch excessively, it forms to your shape, it doesn't fall apart, and to top it all off, this belt has beautiful grain that looks like the back of a violin... and looks way more expensive than it was. Excellent product - fast shipping. Thank you!
on February 7, 2014
Good quality belt. I wear size 40 jeans and ordered size 44 belt. Good fit, belt buckles through 3rd hole with 3 holes left and the end goes through the first belt look on the jeans with about 2 inches passing through.
on June 26, 2015
I received a Genuine Full Grain Leather Belt. (BS040) It's one of the nicest belts I have ever owned, but be ye warned. Your pants or shorts will probably end up with a nice brown stain from the dye used to color the leather. It's real leather and does a good job.
review image
on November 30, 2015
This is a good leather belt for the price. It's not top quality leather, but you're not paying top quality price. I've had it for almost a year and it's still holding up well. Don't get it wet through. I jumped in a pool with it and it was stiff for a while.
on December 17, 2014
The main selling point of this belt was the fact that it is top grain leather. It is top grain and I estimate to be about 8 oz. thickness. Good for belt stock. The problem I have is with the hardware. The buckle is cheap beyond cheap. Only slightly more rigid than pewter or lead. Simply taking it off and putting it back on for the last month or so caused the prong to bend into a large "U" shape. I fixed it by hammering it flat again, but it's only a matter of time now that the metal has already deformed. Good hardware is not expensive, and shouldn't have made much of a price difference in the belt. A real shame, really. For the money, the leather quality is great, but a belt without a good buckle is entirely useless.
on November 15, 2013
The belt arrived surprisingly fast and so far so good! The color of the tan belt is a bit more tan in person but I think it's just me.
on January 30, 2014
This belt is very high quality and I love the color and the rustic belt buckle. Plus it is a nice piece of leather none of that pleather junk. Also, it is a very fairly priced belt considering its hard to find a belt like this anymore without spending between $40-$50.
on March 25, 2015
This belt is slightly wider than the one it replaces. My old one lasted about 20 years and the quality of this one seems to be as good as the old one, so hopefully I get long use out of it too. It looks nice, was flexible from the start. I love it.
on July 6, 2014
What good is a belt with no buckle? That's right...I ordered two belts to use as part of my bedroll. The leather is very soft and pliable. Just one problem. NO BUCKLES! Can't judge the metal when they didn't send it. Gonna send an email to seller and will update depending on how that goes.