Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on August 17, 2007
BCC/DD has been on roll with their little comeback on the indie tip, since 2002 they have been releasing quality hiphop music steady basis.

Just about the year ago BCC released their 3rd album called the Last Stand which was probably their best group effort album to date until I heard Casualties of War. The Last Stand had the big name producers and showed that the BCC can still relevant today with other producers.

What I like most about C.O.W. is that it actually sounds like a group album, except for a few tracks on TLS most of the album kind of sounds like a compilation or the MC's just rhyme for themselves. With C.O.W. most of the songs sound like a group partnership and the MC's are feeding off each other lines and intertwining concepts, staying on the same page with the subject matter. The Last Stand had the polish sound and sounded more like an album for the general audience. I like this album because its sounds grittier and darker more underground feel to it with producers like Marco Polo, 9th Wonder, Copitic Sounds, Dan Tha Man etc really pumping out the beats that goes with the BCC styles. I can't forget BK ALL DAY which is the new BUCKTOWN for the 2000 era. Also it was great to hear Ruste Juxx & 5FT ( welcome home), Blue Flame, Supreme on a BCC album to show how thorough the Clik is even with the lesser known mc's in the crew.
on August 30, 2007
I don't like whats going on in mainstream hip hop these days, thats just me, I prefer the mid 90's sound. Boot Camp is staying true to their roots and bringing hot underground, independent sounds. I thought this album as well as the Last Stand where great albums and rejuvinated my confidence for hip hop beyond 2000. As an independent artist myself I have a huge amount of respect for the Boot Camp Clik and what they have done for hip hop.
but don't listen to me, go buy it and see for yourself.
Don't be scared of the Hustle.
on August 16, 2007
This album seems rushed.. and too short.. and the content is somewhat generic.... Buck and Tek come thru ... I'm not gonna say it's wack... because every MC has CRAZY TALENT... and I've been a fan since the BEGINNING ... real talk... but the album is way short... a BCC album should be something Monumental ... I didn't even hear OGC at all ... even though it looks like they're on the cover ... WTF? Also .. half of the beats are buns... ----- Buck,.. what is this?
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2007
It is one of the Rap's best album of 2007 !!!!
Strong and cathy beats + solid and sensible rhymes = excellent album !!!

believe it !!!! and God Bless.

P.S.:Check up my rap listmania, just clicking on my nickname and clicking above my listmania. Here there are 40 Hip-Hop albums choosed by me just for winning people and not for fans of the mortal masochism rap !!!
I assure that in my rap albums' list you will find the best American Hip-Hop albums. There are dance beats and strong ones and lyrics just for the winning person in the life !!!