Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cat. 8 [Blu-ray]
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on October 30, 2013
I totally enjoy this type of movie, and this one was no exception. The only reason it didn't get a 5 was that there are some logical holes in the science. But I really like it!

It's refreshing to have a "category #" movie that's not about hurricanes, tornadoes or earthquakes. Those are cool also, but at least this one is different. Also, it's a long movie with two parts - I really liked that!
on July 16, 2013
"Cat. 8" is a film that would have done well at the theater, with all of its action and energy! Matthew Modine is well cast as the physicist who can save the world and I enjoyed Ted Whittall playing the "evil" Secretary of Defense with just enough meanness!

The explosions and devastation are kept to a minimum for this type of disaster film and though not everything is scientifically credible (getting a special light ray to our Sun would take more than a few seconds - LOL!), just pass on the inaccuracies and enjoy a wonderful three-hour, two-part presentation perfect for the entire family!
on March 3, 2015
Why 5 *'s? Easy, I really liked it. The soldiers in these e movies look so fake so often that as one of them by proxy, it AlWAYS detracts from the story seeing stupid stuff (iv's the wrong direction, uniforms Inappropriate for the mission, silly acting). But in this movies, it got almost everything right. Restarting the core was NOT explained well, but then I'm a scienc geek and scifi writer. To not detract from the movies plot, the answer is that there was SO MUCH ENERGY INJECTED INTO THE CORE, IT DID WHAT IT DID. The only way to fix it is to light the proverbial tipping point fuse. The story and acting was above par, the girls were MERCIFULLY NOT PORTRAYED AS WIMPS. That alone bought me the movie. I ordered the bluray as I liked it that much... Oh no pirate bay here: Netflix and I add to my collection (over 600 now) movies worth it. Eta here in three days... So, if you like these movies, you will be very happy with it. I hope a sequel happens... Story plot would need to be good, but the cast did really well and got along great. The soldiers acted like such without the stupid cheesy stuff I really dislike. The sneaky bast***s are sneaky and slick! the supporting casts all acted pretty natural. So the whole palate was represented. Well done! Get it.
on August 25, 2013
this is a very good tv series it has every thing that you want in a movie excellent special effects good actors the bluray is great.
on January 18, 2016
This is such a great Sci-fi movie. There's a few clichés, such as the really bad man who is head of National Security...he was a little too evil for my taste. But every other aspect of this movie was phenomenal. I have seen it several times since buying it here last year. I highly recommend it.
on December 22, 2015
I didn't realize this movie was so long when I bought it, so I actually spent two nights watching both parts. I thought it was awesome. If you are the kind of person who picks movies apart like saying " That's not right" or "That could never happen" this may not be the movie for you, but if you enjoy twists and turns and action, you should buy this movie.
on March 16, 2016
My son is a die hard sci fy natural disaster guy. He has aspengers and has loved these types of movies ever since he was young; so, we purchase A LOT Of these movies and I don't think there are too many that we don't own. And I look forward to more coming out. If you are into natural disaster movies, look into these ones.
on March 13, 2015
Cat 6, then Cat 7 and now Cat 8. All three are great movies...keeps you on the edge of your seat.
on September 18, 2013
This movie seemed to have a more "plausible" plot line than most. I did enjoy the supposed "science" behind it all.
on April 27, 2016
I love disaster movies and this one was a good one. It has a great story line and characters you will love and some you may really hate, I did.
I enjoyed this one and recommend it.C