"A shattering exposition of gore, mutilation and sordid sex, certain to satisfy the sick set. A MASTERPIECE!" -- David F. Friedman, legendary producer of BLOOD FEAST and ILSA, SHE WOLF OF THE S.S.
"Chainsaw eviscerations, decapitations, piano-wire throat slashings, intestines being fed to ravenous pigs, eye-gougings, masses of T&A, graphic knifings, tongue-rippings...all and much more are present and correct. And I mean much more! FOUR STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -- Chas. Balun's Deep Red
"Chainsaw mayhem, cannibalism, lusty Nazis, steak tartar, blood and gore - all rounded off with some highly amusing offbeat antics by the great man himself. What more could a horror fan ask for? A great film." -- Alan Simpson, SGM Film Review
The most VIOLENT movie ever made! Starring Godfather of Gore Lucio Fulci
Acclaimed Italian horror maestro Lucio Fulci, director of ZOMBIE and THE BEYOND, stars in this blood-soaked epic as a director being driven insane by his own movies. Fulci is thrust into an ultra-violent nightmare of death and depravity where murder and madness consume his sanity in a vortex of violence. CAT IN THE BRAIN is a psychological masterpiece in the tradition of such cinematic classics as PSYCHO, STRAIT-JACKET, ERASERHEAD and Fellini's 8 1/2.
Due to its SHOCKING and VIOLENT subject matter, no one under 17 should view this film.
- 2 Disc Deluxe Edition
- Original uncensored director's cut
- Spectacular new hi-definition digital anamorphic widescreen transfer
- Presented with English and original Italian language soundtracks
- Never before seen in-depth interviews with director Lucio Fulci and star Brett Halsey
- Lucio Fulci's heroic appearance at the 1996 NYC Fangoria Weekend of Horrors
- Original theatrical trailer
- Gallery of stills and poster art
- Liner notes by Antonella Fulci, acclaimed horror novelist David J. Schow, and Eli Roth, director of HOSTEL
- Eyeball-popping psychedelic lenticular 3-D cover limited to the first 2500 units only!
- Another Italian horror classic from Grindhouse Releasing, who brought you the smash hits CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST and PIECES
- The eagerly anticipated first-ever North American DVD release
- Directed by and STARRING legendary Italian horror director Lucio Fulci (ZOMBIE, THE BEYOND, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY)
- A film of such extreme violence and depravity, it was banned in England in 1999!