1,848 Reviews
 (1,486)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your lazy cats moving!!!
My cats are fat. They needed excersize. Before we got this toy, the only thing that got them moving was the sound of us in the kitchen, or running away from the vaccuum cleaner. It was sad.

Published on February 19, 2005 by P. Frier

3.0 out of 5 stars requires supervision
cats love this toy, of course. mine loved it too much and would drag it around day and night until i came home one day and saw that she had eaten most of it the ribbon.
luckily she puked it up two days later and we didn't have to take her to the vet, but it could've been bad.
Published on August 13, 2008 by B. Bingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your lazy cats moving!!!, February 19, 2005
P. Frier (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews

Now, they can't get enough of this great toy! They run and leap, falling over each other to get to the soft ribbon swishing over their heads. It's completely adorable, and we're glad to finally see them being active, and having fun ~ :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Never woulda thunk it..., February 5, 2006
We used to spend so much money on cat toys it was absurd. This is the LAST one I will ever buy for a cat. I bought six for Christmas gifts for friends with feline friends, and they all agree - THIS IS THE #1 Cat Toy of the Millenium. Seriously. My cat loves it, drags it around the house and gets the best, healthiest exercise of anything we've ever tried. It has a clear plastic wand that I've stepped on a zillion times and it does not break. The rubber that holds the material on KEEPS the material on it, no matter what. It's sturdy and the colors make it easy to find on the carpets. Turn your adult cat into a kitten again. I am ordering THREE today - more gifts for friends and a back-up for my girl. I sent four to Belgium as gifts, also. THEY LOVE THEM IN EUROPE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy BUT Supervise Your Cats, December 15, 2008
I first saw this in a shelter and the kitties there loved it. I later purchased one for the cat I adopted. In our first 15 minutes of play, I turned my back and less than 2 minutes later, 6 inches were missing. I looked everywhere and was certain she'd eaten it. Took her to the emergency vet right away.

Although others have posted that their cats were able to pass it, our cat required surgery to remove it from her intestines.

Please be sure to supervise your cat's play (as stated in the instructions - which, yes, I had read).

5.0 out of 5 stars Appeals to feline hunting instinct, April 28, 2009
Desert Girl (Boulder City, NV) - See all my reviews
When I purchased this I was specifically shopping for a "dangly toy on stick" that I could drag around for my cat, who loves to "hunt" anything long and stringy. Sometimes after "catching" the toy, he will carry it off in his mouth to his "lair" (inside of a closet). It's hysterical to see him dragging it around like it's real prey.

What I like most about this toy:

1. The "stick" is short relative to the "dangly" part, which means the cat has more to play with. On other "dangly toy on stick" toys, the part available to the cat to actually play with is quite short relative to the stick.

2. The toy appears very well made (in America no less!) and the dangly part seems very securely fastened to the stick. I have heard of other such toys where the cat was able to pull off the toy part from the stick.

3. The dangly part is not just a string/piece of ribbon attached to a stick. The fabric is folded over so it is 2 sided and is tapered to a "point" at the end. The kind and cut of fabric means that when you move it from side to side, the dangly part moves sort of like a snake. A plain old piece of string or ribbon doesn't do that.

As someone else stated this toy does require supervision. The company has indicated as much on the tag that comes attached to the toy, clearly stating that cats should NOT be allowed to chew on it. In fact, no cat should ever, ever be left alone with any kind of string-shaped toy.
We always put this toy away in a place well out of my cat's reach when he has finished playing with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple things are best, December 6, 2011
This review is from: Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy (Misc.)
when I took this out of the packaging, I was very skeptical of its entertainment value...simply a long piece of wildly colored fleece material held onto a plastic rod by an end cap made out of yet more plastic. Having just purchased some pretty sophisticated cat toys, (peek-a-boo box, crazy panic undercover mouse, crinkle tunnel, laser toys), I thought this cat charmer would fall by the wayside. Not so. As I removed it from the packaging, my two 3 month old kittens materialized out of nowhere, two pairs of eyes wide as saucers staring the toy down, little bodies tense and trembling with barely contained excitement as they waited for it to do something...then when I moved it around a bit, there was such an explosion of ferocious energy as they tried to snare it in their paws, teeth, and wrestle it to the floor...even if it is just lying around, one of them will drag it while the other pounces on its sinuously trailing ribbon. It has remained their favorite toy, whenever I move it, they are totally there to pick up the game with the same degree of intensity as the last time I had it out. If you only buy one toy for your cat, it should be this one, and don't be surprised when this simple little thing becomes your pet's favorite!

3.0 out of 5 stars requires supervision, August 13, 2008
don't assume your cat won't eat it too. just keep it in a drawer and take it out at playtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars The last cat toy you'll ever buy!!!, November 22, 2006
I have two cats and they absolutely LOVE this toy! The cat charmer is very long so even when you're sitting, just wave the charmer and they'll chase it. Other toys have feathers that can be pulled out, but not the cat charmer - it's attached very well to the wand. In fact, my cats enjoy this toy so much that they will drag it into the room to tell me they want to play! They never get bored with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gift For The Cat Who Has Everything, & Likes Nothing For Long... : ), November 30, 2011
This review is from: Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy (Misc.)
My cat has a lot of mental energy & aggressive drive, & she gets bored with really toys fast. She's hard to buy for because once she's figured a toy out, she stops playing with it altogether, & she wants to move on to something else more challenging. And when I bought her one of these for Christmas this year - she finally found one.

I had a feeling my cat would like this, but I didn't realize how much or for how long. She plays longer with this Cat Charmer than she does with anything else she has (with the one exception of her TurboScratcher) - at perhaps 45-90 minutes per play session. My arms tire out, before she does. She is an indoor cat & a redomesticated feral stray who really needs a good outlet for aggressive energy & apartment boredom, & she's found one in this toy. Whenever she sees it, she wants to play with it. If I dance around the room with it like that Red Hot Chili Peppers video "Give It Away Now" - she is awestruck & goes wild. She chases it in the air, over the floor, across the furniture, & it is a long time before she ever gets bored. For her, that is a real change of pace. This toy may be great for inspiring exercise sessions in cats who are managing weight issues & become reluctant to play.

One nice feature about this toy is its wand is made of a really hard, translucent material that is resistant to teeth marks & breaks. If she accidentally gets a hold of it in her mouth, the wand isn't badly marred like her other wand toys. The rubber attachment that holds the bunting material to the wand is more fragile, however, so I don't let my cat chew it because her teeth will tear it apart. You know those kids in grade school who loved to chew pens...? That's my cat, & she can't be left to her own devices with wands.

If I could though, I'd give it 4.5 Stars because at this time, the customer cannot choose the color of their Charmer. They really need to add a color option. The ad pictures feature several different rainbow Charmers, pink & purple ones, & a lot of lovely colors. For my order, however... I think the Whole Healthy Pets' fulfillment dept. saw I lived in the Southwest, & decided to send me "Fiesta" colors..... Mine has a lot of heavy black, deep crimson, lemon yellow, cheesy orange, & lime green, with hints of royal blue...on a blue wand. I personally hate these colors - & most of them are colors my cat can't see anyways (cats see greens & blues, & the rest register as shades of gray). Maybe guys might like these sporty colors. Dunno. However, because of the stark, discordant contrast between these many loud, dark, clashy colors - I think this item looks like "a continually moving 'pile of stuff', whipping about in an endlessly moving stream" - & for her, that works. What I don't like about it may be why she finds it so stimulating. So my one complaint is she likes it better than I do, & I would have chosen nicer looking colors to match my place.

Overall... Unlike so many I've bought, this toy was well worth the money. I really hate the colors, but my cat loves it - & it was a huge hit & not a dud gift this Christmas.

WORD OF CAUTION:
You WILL have to SUPERVISE your cat while playing with this toy! Do NOT leave your cat alone with it, unattended. I cannot stress this enough. My cat is pretty good about not eating inedible objects, but my last cat was a Nightmare - "foreign object ingestion" was his passion, & if left alone with this, he'd have made it his primary goal in life to eat it, & would have been in surgery at the vet to have it removed within 24 hours. No joke. So please store this toy in a *safe place* where your cat cannot get to it, when you're not playing together. I hang mine up high across over-the-door clothes hooks, where I'll see it all the time, know exactly where it is, & it reminds me to spend time with my cat playing with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fun but can be dangerous., March 3, 2013
Joan (Lindenhurst, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy (Misc.)
The other day, while playing with this toy with my two cats, one of them ran off with it, which I thought was cute. They took it under the dining room table. A few minutes later, I put the toy away, not noticing that piece was missing. Only today I found a six inch piece of the polyester in the feces of one of them which I am amazed I found as it was well hidden! Please supervise your cats when they play with this toy. They can chew off a piece and it it which can cause big problems. I know that some will say that cats must be supervised while playing with their toys, but sometimes they are too quick, have their backs to you, and you won't notice anything. Also, this type of polyester seems very strong, and may give the false impression that it is safer than it is. The reason for the one star is to hope this posts serves as a warning to others to be careful. Hopefully, more people will read a one star review prior to a purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't let it alone with your cat, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy (Misc.)
pros - didn't detach from the wand easily like some cheapies
cons - easily gnawed apart by cats if left out. My cat ingested it. I recommend something more durable. This could have caused blockage in my cat, luckily she threw it up.

Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy