Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

87%
13%
Format: DVD|Change

on February 10, 2007
If, like me, you have missed Cat Stevens music in your life these past 30 years, then this is a MUST HAVE DVD. All the great songs are done well, with a great backup band and several solo numbers. The DTS and Dolby 5:1 sound is superb for a mid-1970's recording, and the video is well done with none of the choppy screen breaks so common in bad concert DVD's. This is likely the only live Cat Stevens concert we will ever have. It is in heavy rotation in our home and even the kids are singing along. Do yourself a favor, and welcome Cat back into your life. For those who are new to Cat, this is all you will need.
on April 12, 2007
I need to state I am a long time Cat Stevens fan, so perhaps this is a biased opinion. That said, this is an excellent rendition from a passionate performer. The musical quality of the DVD is very good, as other reviewers have stated for the the timeframe of the recording. That is not always the case, so this was a pleasant surprise. My only complaint, and this would not deter me from buying this DVD, is the pace of the music is faster in this delivery than the original LP recordings. It's good, very good, but feels a little bit rushed. A little like a pitch wheel has been accelorated.

And it is very good. The audio CD is a bonus.
on January 3, 2009
I was (and still am) a great fan of Cat Stevens' music. I saw him in concert a few years before this show. The DVD/CD quality is amazing, especially given the age of the recordings. It is a good representation of his older work, which is what I was hoping for. Sad Lisa, Hard Headed Woman, Lady D'Arbanville, Fill My Eyes, If I Laugh, The Wind, Tuesday's Dead...these are the songs I remember seeing him play and I'm glad to have another chance to hear and see them live. If you were a fan, you will not be disappointed. If you don't know his songs, watching this DVD will introduce you to a very gifted musician, singer and songwriter. Highly recommended!
on August 23, 2007
The DVD of the concert is beautiful. Watching Cat perform his songs as he embodies the feelings he elicited in me many years ago is such a gift. My husband and I have listened to the CD hundreds of times and will never grow tired of it. The tone of the concert is joyous, and of course sensuous.
on June 21, 2011
I am pretty amazed by this DVD. Considering it was made from original 1976 film and recordings, the sound is fantastic. The video is great as well, but what I am impressed with is the truly excellent sound. Today's recordings of live concerts are often not as good, and there is far superior equipment to work with. Use of mixing to allow for crowd reaction at the right times, yet eliminate unwanted extraneous noise is incredibly well done. One review I read elsewhere had a quibble about the fact that Cat seemed to be a bit irritable about a couple of things which went on that night, but he had good reason, and I did not feel he went over the line when his reaction to someone taping his mic stand improperly was a bit negative, I probably would have done the same. If there was any disappointment with this DVD at all, for me, it would have been that I felt maybe a couple more songs should have been included, not only adding to the length, but I felt he had some others by that time which belonged in any concert he would have done. Those MAY have been edited out either for time or quality, I have no way of knowing.
on May 2, 2011
I have been a huge "Cat Stevens" fan since I was 15. I missed out of attending the Earth Tour in 1976 because of a medical issue and was heart broken. Little did I know I would never again have to opportunity to see my favorite musical artist in person. I never forgot how much the music meant to me. Then I discovered this wonderful DVD/CD collector's edition!
For any fan no collection is complete with it! You will not be disappointed. Arrived on time and it great condition. The music on the DVD is just as wonderful as the CD! Thanks!!
on April 15, 2014
I won't give a long review here because so many others have already said everything. Just an awesome dvd. I enjoy all music and have dvd concerts from every genre and spanning the 70's to current. Hands down this in in top 3, for quality and clarity. You would think you are there. So many dvd's the music is great but the vocals are hard to hear.

Balance is hands down the best. So many are over dubbed, and if they did they hid it well. I watched for all the usual spots and I don't belive its over dubbed at all. Was it remastered and cleaned up, probably. But this was when artist carred most about their craft and this show proves it.

I am 40 and was never able to see him live. I have loved his music and personal story since my late teens. I will say, when it started my emotions got the best of me, it felt like I was getting to see a gem that was so very close to never being shared with the world.

PS, Yusuf(we are on a first name basis now) Thank you for allowing this to be released to the world and sharing your musical genius with us.
on November 20, 2014
I would give it a 4.5 if possible. Start at Matthew & Sons and proceed to Foreigner, and watch the undeniable progression of a truly great lyricist. He is passionate about real world causes, long before most people caught on. I did not stay with him as Yusef, but whatever his reasons for conversion, I respect them.
on May 31, 2008
The Majikat tour is invetible item to buy if you are a Cat Stevens fan, the bounus features are wonderful, it is great to have an Audio CD, save you a lot of time to rip the music of the DVD, the Audio and Video quality is great.
on January 5, 2007
It was interesting to see him in his performance of long ago, and then the present day interview. He has matured quite a bit, haven't we all though?