Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Pearl gray|Change
Price:$28.04+ $6.99 shipping

on October 20, 2007
This is a must have. The CatGenie bowl was designed too low, so the cats kick the pellets over the sides easily. The Side Walls and the Dome are the company's solutions I'm guessing. I would not recommend the Dome if you have a large cat like I do. He stopped using the box until we took it off. But the Side Walls are a definite help.
on May 2, 2010
I was unsure how well the Cat Genie would work in a multi-cat household decided to give it a chance. Although I did run into a few problems at first - clogs, etc. - once I set it to the Cat auto clean cycle it's worked wonderfully. I highly recommend this product for every cat owner!
on May 8, 2008
CatGenie Sidewallsnot helpful....the cat litter is still being kicked out of the bowl regardless of height of added walls. Love the cat genie anyway...just constantly chaseing the litter around my halls and laundry room where it sits...added a series of rugs to try and contain the litter...constant sweeping...very disappointed that my cat's are such high kickers...they could do the Rockett's show at the Radio City Music Hall in New York...
66 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2008
These side walls have helped to cut down on the amount of litter particles that the cat kicks out of the CatGenie. Has saed mealot of time sweeping them up.
on December 7, 2007
my cats are happier since i added the side walls and top. me too as there's no longer a lot of granules all over the floor.
on June 23, 2016
I had been debating buying this for a couple years. After my fourth "self cleaning cat box" of a different type I decided I could have saved that money and bought this in the first place.
Took maybe 10 minutes to install in my laundry room that basically already had a drain ready to go.
I set it at first for the recommended "cat mode" where it cleans every time one of my 2 cats go in it. Well that was quickly becoming a waste since they were going in it not just to do their business but it seemed they were very curious where there stuff went, so , the detector said "Hey I saw a cat let me start cleaning again"
Well my thinking was I can stand 6 hours of cat smell in my laundry room that is closed off from the rest of the house, so I set it to clean 4 times a day. AWESOME, I have not seen nor smelled any of the other reviews of burning cat crap or anything like that. I waited to do this review to see if it would come later. Nope, Nothing, no maintenance has been done AT ALL. as for you guys complaining about the pellets getting all over. I put a tray under the cat genie, supported by a 3 sided frame of 2x2 boards. On top of the boards is a plastic screen from a fluorescent light. (It has plastic squares) The cats get out, their paws open because of the screen, the pellets fall into the tray, I haven't had to yet, but when it builds up a little I will just toss them back in.
Problem solved.
Love it!
on September 8, 2011
Once you own a CatGenie, you'll ask yourself why you endured all that time scooping up the foulest smelling lumps of pee/poo for so long. Granted, there is a bit of sticker shock in the front end but it starts paying off for itself after the first year, especially if you have multiple cats. Think about it, you never have to scoop or buy cat litter again. Also, it's a well know fact that a scratch from a cat can lead to some serious infections, due to the fecal matter in their claws. Think about every time they are on your furniture, table tops (when you're not home), bed or any other place you would think is sanitary... you guessed it. When you cat walks on it, it becomes unsanitary very quickly.

The CatGenie automatically scoops, rinses, sanitizes and dries the reusable plastic pellets it comes with. This is possible by the lavender scented sanisolution. Think about it, it sanitizes the plastic pellets that you don't have to replace. Households with expectant mothers, this is a great solution to the alternatives of getting rid of your cat or kicking out an indoor cat that doesn't know how to fend for itself.

The CatGenie can be placed next to a toilet or ideally next to your washing machine. It starts up after your cat uses it and will reset the start timer if a second cat uses it before it starts the rinse cycle. Your cat will track some of the pellets out of the box, but if you place a cat litter trap in front of CatGenie, your set. All you have to do is throw the pellets back into the CatGenie and it will sanitize them on the next cycle. It offers three modes of operation 1) manual 2) automatic 3) cat activated. I prefer using option 3 because it only turns on when the cat uses it.
Note***Unless you have a cat that likes to fling the pellets into the air and out of the box (due to his overly zealous potty etiquette) you won't have to replenish the pellets in over a year.

One word of advice. Always and I mean "ALWAYS" have an extra bottle of the sanisoultion on hand. You don't want to run out on let's say a Friday night during a holiday weekend and I have to wait until Tuesday - with the additional cost of over-nighting the product - to receive the sanisolution. Your cat(s) will digresss into using litter again and it will take a week to retrain them to use the CatGenie. Not a fun process. The training process basically requires you to place a normal cat litter box next to the CatGenie and not clean it until your cat basically figures out its gross to use the litter box and switches over to the CatGenie. Trust me, you only want to go through that once.
Note***Set up a subscription order on Amazon, save 15% and not ever worry of running out of the stuff. You can set it for deliveries every 1,3 or 6 months.

All the instructions that come with the CatGenie are straight forward and very user friendly. You will forget you have a cat in the house since you won't have to clean up after its mess day in and day out. If you are considering a CatGenie, stop thinking about it and just buy it. I have had mine for over a year and have had zero issue with it.
on July 21, 2016
How does any cat owner not have one of these? WHY did I spend so many years cleaning a litter box when this magical machine existed? WOW have I wasted hours of my life scooping cat poop. NEVER AGAIN! If you believe in major appliances like washers, dryers, and refrigerators, then why not buy one of these? My God, I wish I knew of this years ago! Chant it with me "no more cat poop!" "no more cat poop!"
on January 28, 2010
I received my first cat genie the beginning of December, 2009. I love it!!! Even though some of the granules end up on the floor, and I have seven indoor cats, taking a minute to sweep them up and throw them back in is no big deal. The one thing I am a little disappointed in is the smell, only at times, during the cleaning cycle. Customer service is wonderful!! I purchased a second one the end of December so now I have two. It took a few days for my babies to get used to them and it is comical to watch them when the watch the cleaning cycle. All in all, I am very satisfied with the cat genies!! No more cat litter, WOW!!
on April 20, 2016
I have three of the cat genie's. Bought the first one in 2012 and have not regretted. It pays for it self, no smell, no dust tracking around house. I have four cats, one in each bathroom. I will never go back to scooping or using traditional cat litter boxes.