From the Back Cover
Superacid Chemistry features a team of pioneering authors in the field headed by George Olah, the 1994 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry. The book covers:
- General aspects of superacid chemistry, including types of superacids and experimental techniques for acidity measurements
- Superacid systems, including primary, binary, ternary, and solid superacids
- Carbocations in superacids, including methods of generating carbocations in superacids and methods and techniques in the study of carbocations
- Heterocations in superacids, including onium ions, enium ions, homo-,and heteropolyatomic cations, and cations of group 6-12 elements
- Superacid catalyzed reactions, including conversion of saturated hydrocarbons and alkylation of aromatic hydrocarbons
Extensive references are provided throughout the book to guide readers to the primary literature for further in-depth investigations. In short, this Second Edition meets the growing need for current information on superacid chemistry among researchers in inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry in order to support and advance their research.