Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 30, 2001
Yup, this movie is the first to be written and directed by Stephen Sommers, famed writer/director of The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Deep Rising, and more. That alone should tell you what to expect, because Sommers' sense of humor is present throughout this film. Mind you, he filmed it entirely with independent funding and so you can pretty much expect minimal special effects (almost none, to be honest), but it's definitely fun to watch.
The story is a rather forumla plot, though with a few twists that make it at least a little different. Melissa Hanson (played by the talented but largely unsung Loryn Locklin) is trying to raise money to save her high school from being closed down by the school board but no one will help her. Dylan Malone (Matt Lattanzi) is a smart-but-poor high school student who earns money by drag-racing. Together, he and Melissa hatch a plot to save the school by racing for cash on the school's dime.
But you don't watch this movie for the plot alone. The sense of humor--which is pure camp, and hilarious for it--is what really makes this film. (Listen for the same kid shouting "Knock it off, you butthead!" at every new scene in the school, for example)
If you like Stephen Sommers, you may like this movie. Trust me. :)
-RocketGirl
on July 29, 2001
interesting little film about a high school rebel who race a chevelle for money (and his own ego); but then ends up helping out the high school that is about to be closed down by earning money for it instead of himself all the while falling in love with a goody goody choir girl pris type that suckered him into it. good movie!!
on October 12, 2001
THEY SHOULD MAKE MORE MOVIES LIKE YHIS ONE
IT REMINDS ME OF MY TEENAGE YEARS GROWING UP
WITH MUSCLE CARS
on April 20, 2007
A rarity hard-to-find movie. Good teenage high school movie.

Just plain fun. Not on dvd as of this rating. Wished it was.
on August 29, 2008
I thought this movie was awesome. It played well. I would definitely order again from Amazon.

I went to Cathedral in St Cloud. I think that is what made the movie more exciting for me also.

Thank you.
on December 22, 2008
I wish the movie companies would release more movies of the 80's. I am tired of all the jerks price gouging on movies on here. I love this show and haven't seen it in almost a decade.
on November 2, 2007
One of the best teen movies I've ever seen. Everyone in my house agrees on this movie. A real sleeper that should have been majorly promoted, A good story-line, great acting, and even the soundtrack is good. We have almost worn this movie out watching it so often.
on August 31, 2007
I can watch this movie every day and never get tired of it. I love to watch it and see how a small time drag racer, with little money to have no money and win the his way to keep his school open and to also win a scholarship to go to college. This action packed action movie is one of my favorite. Many great actors play star in this movie, and dylan has the fastest car, but things get hectic when his car is destroyed. Then when the fatman think he`s won, dylan, mellissa find fast freddy(Principal) has the 57 Chevy for the Twin city run, and time ticks as dylan beat the fatman. Sit back and enjoy this action packed movie.
on April 10, 2013
Catch Me If You Can, not to be mistaken by the Leonardo DiCaprio movie is one of my all time favorite films. It's not the highest quality or highest budget film, but it was very well produced to be entertaining. Being a car buff the movie appealed to me right away but it's got a nice story and great car racing scenes. I give this move a 10 out of 5 stars.
on January 28, 2013
I think this is one of the best MotorHead movies that has not gotten its just rewards, I have loved this movie ever since I first saw it on HBO in the early 80's when it was first released. I have a VHS copy but the quality isn't as crisp as a Digital copy on DVD. I hope that some time in the near future they release it on DVD as I will be one of the first buy it.