Questions & Answers
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, Book 2)
by Suzanne Collins
4.7 out of 5 stars (15,187)
$15.04
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 39 questions
votes
Is there still no date for a paperback release? This is getting ridiculous...
Apr 3, 2012 by Daniel Baronofsky
votes
Agree completely. I realize these books are intended for a younger audience than me but I felt the author made Katniss so thick and indecisive mostly as a vehicle to pad out what otherwise would have been significantly thinner tomes. Unfortunately, the end result is a central character whose ability to support and feed her family through her wits and skill does not juxtapose well with the rather clueless and dull Katniss. There is a wonderful story being told here already. I would have preferred a trilogy featuring a pair of central characters bonded by loyalty and the silly love triangle stuff detracted from, rather than added to the story.
Mar 21, 2011 by Sandra Anholt
votes
Wow, not even close! Hunger Games is a survival story in a dystopian society. Teens are forced into combat and all of the coutry's citizens are required to watch the Games. It is kind of a mix of Survivor and Big Brother. It is one of my favorite books.
Jun 10, 2009 by Pig_Weasley
votes
Publishers are having a hard time with the e-book transition. I think most view it, and their customers who want to read e-books, as a very dangerous. Us, paying customers, are dangerous. They will flirt with the "dangerous" when they want to get people hooked into a series, or milk us like the paperback crowd. From the posts I have read here it has worked on some of you. With no Kindle version made available by the publisher, some will rush off and buy the hard back. Quite simply I will NOT buy books anymore. They don't hold a candle to the reading experience I get from my Kindle. I will NOT be manipulated by a publisher, or an author, into purchasing a product I do not enjoy. If the Kindle version does not appear for Catching Fire I will not be reading it or any of the rest of the series. Get your business model ready Scholastic Press or you will be gone.
Jan 12, 2010 by E. Johnson
votes
My favorite parts were: (1) Her speech to District 11 when she talks to the families and then they do the mockingjay whistle and salute (2) The arena....I can admit I never in a million years saw her going back in and it was like the first book in mystery and keeping you on your toes! (3) the last line of the book.....whoa cliffhanger! My least favorite part was Katniss' whining....don't get me wrong I love her character and I understand she is going through a lot, but she whined an awful lot for my tastes lol
Oct 4, 2009 by E. Cleveland
votes
Peeta or Gale? Aug 4, 2009
I say Peeta...he's been in love with her since they were 5...that's adorable! Plus, he was going to let her live in the arena when they thought only one could do so...I gotta say Peeta :)
Aug 6, 2009 by Erin H
votes
You said it yourself... it caters to a certain population. Obviously to a population with whom you cannot or will not relate. There are teachers all over the world who have placed these books on their reading lists. Some students as young as middle school aged. I haven't read the book yet myself, but I have asked probably 50 people of all ages and varying degrees of education what they think of the books, and they have all [read: ALL] responded positively, if not raving about this series. If a book (or series) is not your cup of tea don't review it or simply say it doesn't fall into your idea of a good book/series... there is no need to bash it or the author. It only makes the reviewer look uneducated, not the author or those who enjoy it. Personally, this 41 year old mid-level medical provider can't WAIT to read it.
Jan 24, 2012 by Kelly
votes
I agree with you. I haven't bought the other 2 hoping they would come down in price.
Apr 17, 2011 by Maribel Villarreal
votes
it was brilliant! but i hate it too because of the ending. Peeta makes me want to cry because hes sooo sweet, and Gale is... i dont know, but i know i hate this love triangle crap. i cant tell you what my favorite part was because it's one giant blur now. Anyone know anything about the third book? Like when it comes out?
Sep 1, 2009 by arbitrarykid
votes
No. I think it was because he knew the only reason he needed to keep Peeta alive was because he needed to keep Katniss as an ally to protect her. He was probably thinking..."is that really the case, does Peeta need to be around for this reason?" By seeing her reaction to him dead like that... he probably thought "oh crap, I really have to save this kids life." Just my opinion.
Jun 21, 2010 by Sara McBride
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers