Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Caterpillar Men's Abe Boot
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 20, 2013
These boots are very attractive and comfortable. On sizing I would make sure to order the boots that match the true measurement of your foot. I say this because I always wear a 10.5 in tennis shoes, and after ordering a 10.5 originally in the boots, I had to exchange them for a 10.
on April 13, 2012
UPDATED REVIEW 11/24/12
These boots still look fabulous. My husband tells me that they get more comfortable as he wears them (even though there was no real break-in period to begin with). They look like they should have cost so much more than what they did. Still very glad I purchased them.

ORIGINAL REVIEW 4/13/12
My husband doesn't have to dress up for work, and his casual footwear (tennis shoes or cowboy boots) usually carried over to when we went out. I wanted him to branch out, but didn't know how to find a comfortable boot that still looked good. Turns out, I didn't have to.

Enter the Caterpillar Abe Boot (in Peanut). It's got a great old-school feel with the canvas/leather duo, but is also a classic looking boot. My husband stumbled upon them while reading a men's magazine, which listed this boot among several very high-end options for stylish footwear. These boots look great with everything he wears (they transition from day to night beautifully), and my Frye boot polish keeps them looking extra sharp.

Both men and women have stopped us to compliment them. They're gorgeous, comfortable, and affordable. I highly recommend them.
on April 15, 2012
I really like this boot. It kind of has a World War I soldier look to it. Caterpillar has some really nice quality. The construction and materials are sure to last a long time. Still breaking them in, but overall they fit well.
on December 4, 2014
I've only had these boots for a day, but they are certainly cool looking boots. The peanut color is a bit lighter than the photo showed.
I took everyone's advice and ordered a half size smaller than usual, and I have to say that works about right. I have wide feet, and normally wear an 11 or 10.5 wide.

The screws in the heel are a little odd I must say, but since I don't wear shoes in the house (I like a clean home) i dont really worry about scratching up my hardwood floors as others would. I added a photo so you can see what I mean.

These boots also don't really need to follow normal break in procedures, as the canvas sides really conform to your feet. They aren't the most insulated boots, so wear thick socks if you plan to wear these in cold weather.

Overall I say a very good fashion value, especially at Amazon's $100 price point. I can't however, recommend them yet from a durability standpoint, as I have only owned them for a day. That said I have no reason yet to believe that they won't last a couple of years at least.
review image
on October 12, 2015
These boots are great I am able to dress them up or work in them, all the sizing was true to my shoe size !
leather is nice it will take a bit of breaking in but once they are broken in they feel amazing.
review image review image
on July 10, 2015
Nice boots you thought for keeps. But after 2 weeks of everyday walking around the office, the heels are literally falling apart as if my feet are made of iron. I should've believed those bad reviews. I'm returning them.
review image review image
on November 9, 2012
This product is solidly constructed and stylish (to boot). Although the first pair I ordered was too small, I liked them enough to go through the hassle of sending back and getting a half size up. I ordered a size 10 although I'm normally a 10.5. The reviews I had read said to order at least a half size smaller. They were close but, especially with some thicker winter socks, they were just a little too snug. I've ordered the 10.5s and if they're a little too big, I'll just get some inserts. I figure it's better to have to do that than to cramp my feet in there. I'd recommend these boots to anyone. They feel like boots that will stand the test of time.
on January 9, 2013
If you're here, I'm assuming you probably thought along the same lines as I: "Boots from the same company that makes heavy machinery? Those should hold up!" These are a great, relatively tough, comfortable boot. That initial thought of ours holds true, with a slight catch. I feel like you have to sacrifice some durability for a more stylish look; They seem vulnerable to scuffs, so I'd recommend a waterproofing/protector coating like Obenauf's [...].
Even without any inserts, they're comfortable after being on your feet all day. Laces hold up pretty well, but other than some unusually deep snow or minor brush, these boots aren't really being beaten up too much. Overall a great boot!
on November 6, 2012
I've been looking for great boot I can wear in all weather and look good for work casual or going out and they are perfect. They feel very sturdy while also stylish. A bit narrow for someone like me with fat feet but I'm confident they will stretch a little with more wear. Order a half size smaller than normal
on April 23, 2014
Someone had mentioned that these boots run a little large so I ordered 8.5 instead of the usual 9 and they fit great!

The boots are made very well and look great with a pair of cuffed skinny jeans.

I will probably buy more boots from Caterpillar in the future!

FYI - In Amazon's "How does this product fit?" I stated that the boots run "Somewhat large" so that others will know to get a half size smaller like I did.