5.0 out of 5 stars Month after purchasing CAT B10
Published 19 months ago by Noah M Pearlman

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty tough yet a terrible phone
I have been using "tough" phones for the last few years. I used to have the Sonim line. They were very tough but also terrible phones. I'm sad to say that the B10 follows in those foot steps.

Published 18 months ago by Jed Medin

5.0 out of 5 stars Month after purchasing CAT B10, May 26, 2013
This review is from: Caterpillar CAT B10 IP67 Android Unlocked GSM Smartphone (Wireless Phone Accessory)
My goal was a reasonably fast durable smartphone with a dual camera setup. After fully expanding the memory, moving as many apps to the micro sd as possible, the phone sped right up and memory errors disappeared. From the carabiner/compass belt clip this a nicely thought out device. If you are looking for max memory, gaming RAM and the most efficient net browsing out there you'll be looking for a different device. My phone has been dropped in the water, once in a toilet the other in the ocean with me still attached to it, run over with a pickup truck and kidnapped by a dog and dropped in a sewer. Not a (signifigant) scratch and has never stopped working. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it's tough, November 20, 2012
I was skeptical, but I'm a clumsy oaf so I gave it a go. I got it for $199 w/ my plan so it's a bit easier to swallow. It's fast, has great video and can take a beating! The only thing it is lacking is an excellent speaker, but that's not a huge deal. It is also bulky, but if your one like me who is tired of replacing expensive phones then get it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars phone device, January 25, 2013
is a strong device. I am very glad. Just for hard jobs and dirty enviroment. I am happy with my new Smartphone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty tough yet a terrible phone, June 27, 2013

A little about me. I work in the outdoor industry in Northern California. I lead groups out in the wilderness with caving, rafting, back packing, rock climbing, and hiking. I'm also an active member of the local Mountain Search and Rescue team. I need a phone that can go all the places I do and not falter.

Here are some issues:

You can't text picture messages. I've tried so many different things and nothing seems to work. The people on At&t couldn't help. I have to email them to people and people have to email them to me for me to be able to see them. Not a huge pain but I didn't pay 360 bucks to not have that work.

If the screen is wet good luck using it. What's the point of having a tough phone if you can't use it out in the rain?

It requires modified cables to connect to it. Since the outer case is so big you have to cut away the shielding to connect non cat phone cables to it. Not fun and I'm not about to pay 5 bucks for a usb cable from Cat.

The cameras suck. It's terrible. Both the front and back cameras take horrible shots.

It likes to text the wrong person. Have you ever sent the wrong text to your boss? I have. On multiple occasions. I'm lucky he hasn't gotten any of my personal messages to my girlfriend. At first I thought it was my fault but soon realized it'll show the texts from the person you have been texting but it'll send it to someone else. Seemingly at random. Usually my boss though.

I'm on my second one. The first one I had it's microphone died within two weeks. My second one's microphone just died after two months. Yay. Now I get to send it in and wait a whole month for them to send me a new one. I'm so glad I paid this much for them to have my phone.

It's slow. If you look at the hardware specs you notice that compared to anything that has come out in the last year or two. It also has very little memory. Even with a 32 gig sd card in it it's slow.

The wifi doesn't always want to connect. It doesn't like all wifi networks. Like the one at my work.

I talked to Quality One Wireless to see if they'd let me trade the B10 in towards the b15. They said no and offered to give me 30 bucks off the purchase. Most places give me 30-40% off. I promote what ever products I use and people come to me for advice on outdoor gear. I'm going to call them and see if they'll send me one first and then I can send my broken one back. I need this phone for work and not having it for a whole month costs me money.

Overall, just buy the newer b15. It looks like they fixed some of the issues with the B10

3.0 out of 5 stars good afternoon, June 4, 2014
good afternoon, I have a doubt in Venezuela phone works perfectly with any of the operators? I await your response, thank you very much.

1.0 out of 5 stars No support, January 19, 2014
Have had the phone for over a year. Get it dirty, sweaty clean it off in the sink. Drop it at work on to a concrete floor not a scratch.
Had it in my pocket and felt a click! Took it out and the little tabs that hold the battery door closed had broken off! No one you buy this phone from will have parts or can get parts. Poor design. I don't why they didn't use 4 screws instead. And the Cat website is useless. I contacted some guy named David and he referred me to another e-mail address that never responded. Stay away from Cat phones unless you consider $400 phones as disposable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cat B10 is tough, March 27, 2013
Have had the Caterpillar B10 for a few months now and this is MY opinion. Tough? Yes, without a doubt. Full of useful features? Yes, there are plenty. Built in flashlight? Has one, not the brightest - but better than nothing. Downsides? A few. First if all, the keyboard, even on landscape mode is small. So if you have very big thumbs - Good Luck. On line owners manual does NOT explain everything about the phone. Like for instance, the camera has a TON of setting adjustments that are not mentioned. Internal memory is VERY low. Some helpful tips for that is to move as much as you can to the SD Card and I also downloaded "Advance Task Killer" from Google Play Store. Both seem to help, but Cat should have seen this problem coming. All in all, it is a good phone and could be a great phone if the internal memory & keyboard were both bigger. One last thing, forget going to CATPHONES.COM and hitting SUPPORT for assistance. There is none, I have tried on 4 different computers and get the same error message. If your carrier can`t help you then your on your own.

3.0 out of 5 stars tough but limited, May 14, 2013
I was very impressed by the robustness of this phone but CAT could have done better with its performance. The phone gets very slow after a few apps are opened and it lacks a lot of functionalities and personalization capability.
The screen is ok but sometimes is a bit erratic. Web navigation is also acceptable and battery life is also good for a smartphone.
Overall I think this is a good toughphone but a bellow average smartphone and it's a bit overpriced.

1.0 out of 5 stars the package came open and incomplete, April 23, 2013
brought no compass nor the manual. The camera does not work well, does not focus. but what can i do, i live in paraguay, south america, i wont ever buy a cell phone from the internet.

4.0 out of 5 stars cell phone, April 5, 2013
definately tough. batttery lasts well. Does everything well just not great. The touch pad is not as good as Iphone, but i purchased it for its toughness