4.0 out of 5 stars Different colour to one in picture
These are very well made shoes with a nice design but was somewhat disappointed that they are of a much lighter sandy colour compared to that in the pictures and the leather is a suede type.
Published on January 3, 2012 by V

2.0 out of 5 stars shoe broke at heel
Wore shoes for about two and a half months and the back by the heel broke. There is a lot of sole left but the shoes is trash. Tried to contact seller but they DID NOT RESPOND to me.
Published 18 months ago by John A Polny

4.0 out of 5 stars Different colour to one in picture, January 3, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars shoe broke at heel, August 1, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Different color from the picture, January 19, 2013
Quique Rivera (San Pedro Sula, Honduras) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's Emerge Oxford (Apparel)
Color difference aside, the shoes are very comfortable and they feel very sturdy. If you are importing to Latin America or outside USA, you should know that Amazon ships this in a "coffin-sized" box. The cost of the box to my country (Honduras) was almost the same as the cost of the shoes.

Also I feel they run 1/2 size larger, but maybe that's just me. The color and look is very Vintage, they look like used shoes, if you don't like it you can always use some leather paste polish and make them look like the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !!, October 24, 2013
Excellent quality, exactly what I was looking for, good quality, fast delivery and proper packaging.
Highly recommended for those looking for quality and comfort on your feet, the only detail that might challenge is that the tongue is too short.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's Emerge Oxford (Apparel)
This is my first pair of Caterpillar shoes. I purchased them 10/15/12 from Gordmans.

The first thing to note is they are sized 1 size smaller than all other brands. (10&1/2 equals 11&1/2..etc.)
Second, there is no break-in period with these shoes. They are the most comfortable out-of-the-box shoe I've ever tried on. (this is what sold me on them)

After about 13 months of wear, my right sole started ripping at the stitch starting to exposing my foot. My left shoe has no issues. I've continued wearing them for 4 months (until 4/1/13) after the rip started and now the whole inner right sole is ripped out from the front to about the middle of the shoe. The comfort level is still there, but they have become unwearable. (my left shoe is still fine)

Typically I will wear this type of shoe 3 to 4 years as they are used primarily in an office environment with a low amount of abuse. These shoes have lasted about 17 months so I'm a little disappointed with the durability. Given my experience, I do not recommend these for anyone wanting a durable shoe that will last.

I recommend these for the person looking for a very comfortable shoe they will wear once in a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son is happy, October 31, 2010
I have purchased the item for my son. What can I say about the shoe? The only phrase: my son is absolutely happy with the shoe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes for tough terrain, December 14, 2010
One of the main reasons thaat I purchased these shoes was the colour - I felt that the dust which covers everything in Iraq (where I'm working right now) wouldn't show. And so it proved - they could have been made with the sand, gravel and dust of the Middle East in mind. They are also very comfortable indeed - I have bought Caterpillar shoes and boots previously and I wasn't disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best shose, November 18, 2014
I had problems on right leg muscle and knee and ankle by shoes. I have thrown away my new shoes and recently New Balance running shoes. I don't know why those shoes make pain on my right leg. This Caterpillar Men's Emerge shoes have not made any problem. And when I had problem on right leg, I put only this shoes for several days. I was fine. The shoes is very strong and comfortable and matched with any pants.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 12, 2014