5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely The Best!
Published on April 3, 2011 by D11RCD

1.0 out of 5 stars defective product
Published 15 months ago by Stacy M Nishihira

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely The Best!, April 3, 2011
D11RCD (PALM DESERT, CA, US) - See all my reviews
In nearly 26 years of auto repair I have never had a work boot last longer than 6 months. Not even the much ballyhooed Red Wing. In 4 - 6 months its always been time to pony up for another pair of work boots - til now. From 7 a.m. till 11 p.m., Monday - Friday these boots have been on my feet. Now, 12 months later, the soles are finally near smooth. I still have another 2 months left in them at this rate but for the price, why wait? This is the very best work shoe EVER!! And my back pain has never returned since wearing them. Another bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot!, June 3, 2009
A Kid's Review
This is my second pair of CAT Second shift boots.
I wore the first pair out after years of abuse.
They are comfortable from day one, look great and last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, good buy, March 22, 2012
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's 2nd Shift 6" Plain Soft Toe Boot (Apparel)
Like others have commented - my Cat boots are 1/2 size smaller than what I usually wear - meaning I bought an 11 1/2 and usually wear a 12. Good thing I tried a pair on in a store first, or I'd have been swimming in 12s. They were, as expected with new boots, pretty darn stiff the first week of wearing them. I thought they broke in surprisingly fast, only 2 or 3 days of chafing at the ankle tops, and now they bend well. I did not do any of my usual crazy boot-break-in tricks, just wore them to work. Big thumbs-up from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, April 20, 2012
I work at UPS as a part-time preloader. I'm on my feet for four hours and so I needed a work shoe that was both durable and comfortable. These boots provide just that and hold up to taking a beating. I feel these boots offer some ventilation because my feet aren't soaked by the time I get home. The non-slip soles provide excellent firm footing, and although they are soft toe, they hold up to a 110lb package dropped from waist height. In short, these boots make everyday work a cake walk.

1.0 out of 5 stars defective product, June 15, 2013
I bought 2 pairs of these work boots for my dad, and after only 2 days of wearing them, he realized that the stitching didn't go all the way through the 2 layers of leather, which left him with an opening on the side of the boots. He's been wearing Caterpillar boots to work for the past 20 years, and has never had a problem with them. This was his first time trying the 2nd Shift, as the boots that he used to wear were recently discontinued. Although Caterpillar makes great boots, I wouldn't recommend buying these, since my dad only got 2 days of use out of them, and because this pair is worn, there's nothing that can be done.

1.0 out of 5 stars The most uncomfortable shoes I've ever owned, October 27, 2013
steve herting (St. Francis, MN. United States) - See all my reviews
I have owned Caterpillar shoes in the past and was very happy with them, these on the other hand have done nothing but give me terrible pain in my feet. The foot bed in these shoes compresses and feels like your walking on concrete barefoot.I would not recommend buying these if you spend any time on your feet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Junk!, October 8, 2013
Adam Norton (Fond du Lac, WI) - See all my reviews
Buyer Beware! I am rough on boots. My job demands it. However, this has been an unusually easy week. The boots however, which have now been on my feet for 6 days have already started falling apart. Not just one stitch or two, but five separate stitches in five separate places are unraveling at an alarming pace. It seems as though they will be lucky to make the month intact. I will never again consider buying these things and would caution anyone against it. And keep in mind that this is light duty use these things are failing under. Wholly disappointed and left unsure of how I feel about buying direct from Amazon again. I'm the least picky person I know and don't know that I've ever left a bad review before but these boots are deserving of no less than the worst possible review I can give.

5.0 out of 5 stars great as expected just a little bit hard, October 16, 2013
great boot, just a little harder than expected, hope its good looking will last long. I usually take 8.5-9, so I bought 8.5, still larger, but acceptable

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Timberland, This is the BEST., June 24, 2014
I have had Caterpillar boots a decade ago (after the army boots, these were like socks :)) then (due some discounts and social pressure) I wore Timberlands for a decade, until I gave these a try - best boots ever made. I walked miles in them (I use the black pair for work and the brown to go out with).
FORGET the Timberland aura, this is simply a better boot!

Pros:

- Better more elegant looking shoe (I have a brown and black),
- Does not loose its shape like the Timbs,
- More comfortable
- The sole does not wear off like the ..
- One shine and it looks new - highest quality leather
- Though though though sticking - lasts years
- VERY comfortable (mind your width size as well)

Cons:
- Slightly heavier than Timb (I weigh 220 so not a problem)
- Does not have the soft leather inners like Timb., but The fabric is soft and durable and it make no difference for me
- Its half a size too big (Ex I wear size 11 for Timberland and Nike, but 10.5 for these)

Overall, for the price, its a no brainer.
P.S.
Get Kiwi parade shine polish - its just perfect for these shoes. When they are covered they look very elegant (no one knows you can cave in walls with these...)

1.0 out of 5 stars Caterpillar Boot not on par with Cat Products, October 27, 2013
Caterpillar boots could possibly be the worst pair of shoes I have ever purchased. I have worn the boots about a dozen times before writing this review. Initially, I thought they just needed to be broken in to soften up the soles. Nope. These are the most uncomfortable soles I have ever put on my feet. After a few hours on job site. It was not my back that hurt. It was my feet. No cushion in the sole. The best comparison of the Cat boots would be playing basketball in pair of dress shoes with a wood sole. As a buyer of Cat Equipment. These were obviously not tested at the Cat proving grounds.

Caterpillar Men's 2nd Shift 6" Plain Soft Toe Boot