5.0 out of 5 stars My Hubby Loves These Boots
I bought these boots for my husband, who is a mechanic, after reading some of the reviews. He works is all kinds of weather, and with the cold weather now he really needs some warm boots. He called me the first day he wore them to work just to tell me his feet were warm and that the boots were so comfortable. They are exactly what I was looking for.
Published on January 4, 2011 by Christina

Published 16 days ago by T. Schmidt

5.0 out of 5 stars My Hubby Loves These Boots, January 4, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfy boots I've found, October 25, 2009
The soles of these boots feel a lot like a good pair of sneakers. But more sturdy. They lasted me over a year, even working full time in construction. My feet never got wet (although I wasn't in super wet conditions). A new pair of laces and insoles around the one year mark got me about 6 more months. Then bought another pair. I once tried a different model of CAT boots when I couldn't find these, and what a mistake!! From now on I will only buy these boots. And especially for the price relative to other work boots, these are a deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars good boots, February 22, 2012
If your looking fora really good pair of boots that can double as fashionable with jeans or good work boots that are not steel caps these ar it. well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars Good work boots, January 4, 2013
These are warm, have good traction, last plenty long and have safety ratings galore (slip resistant, oil resistant, voltage resistant, impact resistant). They are nice and warm and i have not had much need for winter socks yet (temps reaching 32F/0C). There is an insulator that wraps around the ankle sections in these that you will have to work over a little bit to make them comfortable. It will dig in to your ankles if you do not roll it over before you wear these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, the right boot!, December 26, 2013
My husband has worn Cat boots for over 4 years now. After buying non-steel toes, then a size too big, we finally got it right. The boot is extremely durable, but offers comfort. The steel toe is great for the work he does in a metal shop, and being on his feet all day he never complains about his dogs barkin'. A great boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FOR AN OLD MAN, September 29, 2014
PAT THOMAS (TUALATIN, OR USA) - See all my reviews
I'M 78 YEARS OLD AND HAVE ALWAYS WORN SNEAKERS, BUT FINALLY DECIDED TO GIVE UP STYLE FOR COMFORT, AND THE FIRST PAIR OF THESE BOOTS CONVINCED ME I HAD FOUND THE RIGHT ONES. A LITTLE HEAVY, BUT PERFECT FIT AND COMFORT RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. HAVEN'T WORN THESE NEW ONES YET, BECAUSE I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY OLD ONES TO WEAR OUT, WHICH, AT THIS RATE, MY GRANDCHILDREN WILL PROBABLY BE WEARING THESE AFTER I DIE. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW COMFORTABLE THEY ARE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caterpillar Alaska Work Boot, October 15, 2014
I love these boots! I have worn boots my entire life and these are the best boots that i have ever worn. This is my second pair and I am still wearing the first pair that I have been wearing day in and day out for over a year now and they are still holding together quite nicely.. I have to wear boots because of a foot injury that happened years ago and the new boots are my dress boots for special occasions. These boots were comfortable from the fisrt moment that I put them on and they did not need a break in period. I hope that Caterpillar keeps making them, they have a lifetime customer when it comes to me.

3.0 out of 5 stars They seem comfortable. Worked in a pouring rain all day & ..., November 8, 2014
T. Schmidt (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Only had them for a week at this point. So am only giving them 3 stars. They seem comfortable. Worked in a pouring rain all day & my feet did get wet after about 5 hours.I was not walking through standing water, but water seeped in & got my feet wet. I work with hard scapes for a landscaping company & am on my feet all day & carry very heavy things. I am also up & down from my feet to knees dozens of times per day. They are already pretty scuffed up on the toes, not a good sign after only a week. I will update this review in 3 - 6 months and see how they are wearing.

4.0 out of 5 stars trying them out, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's Alaska Work Boot (Apparel)
This review will be in parts as I break them in, They came today I have put them on, I had not seen that they were steel toe, right then and there I thought they will never spread and will forever hurt my feet but I found they don't bunch up my toes the last boots Dewalt were not steel toe and out of the box did bunch up my toes but over time they did spread. I am an electrican and do worry about the steel toes as I do work with live wires in the wet sometimes and it could ground me out if the water gets to it but it can happen even with them not being steel toe. The top around my leg is starting to hurt, at the top all new boots do that to me even the Dewalt so I will forgive them for that for one week with me wearing them ten hours a day if they have not stopped hurting my leg back they go. Today is Wed 1-16-13 will get back with up date 1-23-13. 1-17-13 up date I am updating sooner then I thought I have put the boots back on this morning have had them on about four hours now, they have not hurt my legs at all I do find them to be heavier then my old Dewalt's that is something I can get use to. I am going to update again later on.2-5-13 I had to send them back, not because they are not good booths, The steel toe where it stopped and the leather started inside the boot there was a little indentation on both boots the side of my big toes rubbed the steel as the steel would not spread they started hurting my feet bad. If you are use to steel toe you will love these boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super amesome Boot, June 28, 2012
The boot has a awesome double stitching all over the boot. The sole has a very tick heavy walking platform. It is not ideal for loads of walking but will save you from live circuits from 600 volts.Cat foot wear with slip resistant soles reduces the risk of slips and falls.(they are also oil resistant) they have a steel toe with a shock impact of 75 pounds and 2500 pounds of compression. ( the highest available strength for impact and compression)They have a thick lining. Ideal for snow and ice but not for a super long period. They are not made in America ,but in Bangladesh. I would buy these again if they were to move operations to America. I bought these in the summer so i will not really use them until winter.

Caterpillar Men's Alaska Work Boot