5.0 out of 5 stars There aren't enough stars to rate this boot
This is THE most comfortable steel toed boot I have ever worn. Unlike the above reviewer, it took me no time to break these in and I have worn them more than any other steel toed boot I have (except for the Caterpillar Active Alaska, which is also remarkable). They are so comfortable and so nice looking that I wear them when I'm not at work.

The boots are...
Published on February 7, 2011 by Pamela

3.0 out of 5 stars sturdy work shoes, decent price
Pros: Well built, sturdy; relatively light for steel-toed boots. 'Waffle' soles grip hills wells.

Cons: Design could accommodate more comfort.

Published on June 3, 2012 by David C.

5.0 out of 5 stars There aren't enough stars to rate this boot, February 7, 2011
Pamela (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews

The boots are much more attractive in person than they are in the photo. They have flat laces so they don't look like a typical steel toed work boot, and they have one of my favorite features: d rings on the bottom and speed lacing at the top so I can have a different tension on my foot than I do on my ankle. I like these so much that I ordered the black ones as well.

I generally wear size 9 in a ladies work boot; I ordered these in a 7 1/2 and they fit like a glove. I couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, September 19, 2011
I am completely thrilled with how these boots have performed so far. They are comfortable and seem to be hard-wearing. I cannot attest to the longevity of the boots, but I feel that they are well made and appear that they will last quite some time with daily use. I don't have anything to complain about with these boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Boots, June 10, 2011
These boots are terrific ! They are comfortable and very easy to put on and take off. They make me feel safe mowing the lawn !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot but.............., June 3, 2013
The additional rubber that is attached to the heal of boot are somewhat tacky and provide no function. (instead of a functional boot pull they wrapped a piece of rubber around the heal with areas that may catch on things like roots or anything near them as the sides aren't glued down, so glue 'em down! #see 3rd pic from top)
Be prepared to buy some superglue to glue back down the rubber toe wrap that is around the front. (the threads that hold it down should be Kevlar for the price but instead; a weak, thin thread that breaks in only a few days) BUT don't let that stop you! once glued tightly down there were no more problems.
The sole wears very little and provides above average traction and comfort.(these boots are really waterproof and after walking through water up to the first lace holes my feet remained dry)
After a 12 hr day on concrete factory floor or outside on the rugged terrain, my feet sweat very little as these boots get venting somehow- I don't know how. (my previous boots would cook my feet! my feet are unusually drier than normal in these)
The laces provided will burn fast if you're welding. (after two weeks of welding I found that the laces don't cut it but the boots performed very well and above average where fire and heat resistance is concerned. (Buy some quality para-cord and you'll never need another set of laces again!) btw these boots tighten up real easily and on a day when you want them on loose for fast removal; they set up very easily. I found the lace hardware very durable and the quick-lace hooks that are toward the top don't bend like the cheap $20 boots do!
As far as weight goes you'll find these very comparable to your high top heavy duty hikers.(not the light weight ones!) Only slightly bottom heavy and very well balanced.
The inner sole could use more attention but a cheap pair of odereaters will remedy that!
The reason why there's no 5th star= I like to judge my steel toed boots by kicking as hard as I can on a block wall and rate it on resistance of any pain or if there's no damage or hard friction contact on my toes,. I kicked the wall and found that forward, straight-on, horizontal pressure will get past this steel toe enough to hurt a little but when a 50 pound 3 foot long 4inch diameter pipe was dropped directly to the toe from 12 inches away....nothing! I could get a swift 50 pound sledge blow to the toes and laugh it off with these. The upper padding is strong and thick enough to take a darned good beating.
If you're looking for ankle support; these are your boots. I don't think I've ever owned a pair of boots that provide such a great amount of heal & ankle support as these do! (maybe it's the silly rubber they wrapped around the heel....maybe not.
Wear ability and wear rate is awesome in my opinion. The leather of these boots are quality and shape to the foot very nicely after only three weeks. (sole break-in period was about a week and a half) (comfort break in was only 5 days)

I would definitely buy these again BUT ONLY IF THEY WERE SELLING FOR BELOW $80.00 ( shipping and all; below $80 )

The quality is great but these boots lost points with me for the stupid rubber Caterpillar name tag that partially wraps around the heal. The lack of Kevlar or at least some super strong epoxy holding the rubber tow wrap down was part of the loss of points. If not for those two things I would happily spend $95.00 (no more than that)
However, for the price I think anyone could be satisfied.
I weld 24/7 and walk in these boots more than your average worker I climb angle iron and other types of metal while working and the grip of these are excellent. I'll post a pic of these after 8 months to show the longevity (which I thnk is above avaerage now that superglue is involved)

4.0 out of 5 stars New Boots.. Yahoo!, April 19, 2013
I've had Red wing for the past 6-7 years Great Boot!
Wanted to upgrade and... well this boot fits comfortably after only 2-1/2 days, feels like a glove. Don't even remember there on my feet.
Like the tread, had some ice storms, and they grip on ice with wind, this is one of the reasons why i was looking for something that had some thing to offer better than the ordinary, they perform better than what I was used to with the Red Wings.
They are lighter on the #'s too.
You gotta get used to the heel first on the step but after a few days it becomes natural.
Like the whole water proof thing going on, I can be in a wet environment 1-2 " water on the floor for periods of time and these boots are waterproof. Don't get too deep thou, Bring out the ducks.
Overall i would give these boots a 9.0, and buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great safety boot., July 5, 2013
Real comfortable shoe, not to heavy, great gripp and slip proof. Feels like a sneaker. I would buy another pair in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough at the outside, comfortable on the inside. Best boots I ever had., June 1, 2013
Rodrigo Toro (Guayaquil, Ecuador) - See all my reviews
I was used to have steel toe boots for work and by the end of the week have to deal with callus on my heels and sometimes even pain in my feet. Now I've been using the Cat's Antidote for about 5 months and none of the horrible problems I was used to have are back. The boots are really comfortable, and really durable. I use them on a civil construction environment 24/7 and at the end of the day with a small cloth (and the proper cleaning solution/cream) I can leave them almost as in perfect state as the day I bought them. 100% recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I hoped, July 23, 2012
I am very picky with my shoes. I work in some pretty tough conditions as a welder. I work in a shop AND out in the field. I had a pair of work boots before(wolverine i believe) that were quite comfortable but the welding sparks burned holes through the nylon mesh areas. I was worried that this might happen with these shoes to the part around the tongue that is not leather. There isn't a hint of that damage on these shoes.
So how do you know your shoes are good? You forget about them. I don't think about these shoes while I'm at work because they are very comfortable and durable. But if I ever do think about these shoes, it's about how tight they look. They basically combined the comfort and sporty look of a cross trainer with the durability and functionality of a HIGH end work boot. They managed to get all of the pluses and no minuses in this model. Get these shoes if you can!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good but not Great, December 12, 2012
These boots are very good, they look good and perform very well. However they are not great boots.
The're light weight, wide fitting in the front etc etc, where they fall down ever so slightly is in two places.
1 They do not quite have the soft comfort levels of other 'Poron' in-sole boots but nothing an in-sole could
not fix.
2 The tongue isn't quite wide enough and tends to bunch up when laces are tightened and can be uncomfortable
at times.
Having said that, I really like them and would have no problem recommending these boots over others.
Durability I can't comment on as I have not had them long enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars sturdy work shoes, decent price, June 3, 2012

Cons: Design could accommodate more comfort.

Narrative: I use these for relatively heavy 'weekend warrior' landscaping tasks: building french drains, stone patios and retaining walls in my steep, urban residential lot. I wear 2x pairs of cotton socks and and they serve me well. Had these for nearly a year and they've held up nicely. Although I wish they were a little more comfortable, your individual 'mileage' may vary. And hey, they are WORK BOOTS not bedroom slippers!