5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoe/boot
Published on July 28, 2012 by trader1

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but miss the older style.
Published 15 months ago by Christopher Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoe/boot, July 28, 2012
My wife bought me these boots because of a couple good reviews. They are honestly the most comfortable, stylish, lightweight boot i have ever owned. I work in a warehouse 10-12 hrs a day where i walk about 16 miles a day. My feet are tired at the end of the day but they are not sore like they used to be from other brands. the composite toes is nice and light and the shoes don't not feel bulky at all...I am going to buy 2 more pair just to have around in case they discontinue this product. After seeing my new boots about 6 guys at work purchased a pair and they love them. I highly recommend these boots from CAT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boots I've ever owned, February 26, 2013
I am a United States postman and walk up to 7 miles per day in various terrains and weather conditions. These are the only boots that provide me not just comfort but also protection against the weather and the durability to last a few years despite all the abuse they receive. Words cannot say just how highly I recommend these boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and solid work boot!, November 1, 2013
In the construction business you're on the feet a lot and you want a boot that will keep your feet from becoming fatigued, yet give you strength and support all day. This is your boot! I like the composite toe because it doesn't add the extra weight plus on colder temps your toes stay warmer because the composite doesn't get cold like the steel toe. Also it has the tougher rubber out sole and extra toe coverage so I'm looking forward to how that will hold up. They look great and feel great! Only complaint is they're a little tough to unlace the top three eyelits. At least I know they will stay snug on my feet the entire day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but miss the older style., September 22, 2013
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's Argon Hi P90090 Work Boot (Apparel)
I had owned 2 pairs of the previous version of these and loved them. Once you go composite toe, it makes you not want heavy steel toe boots anymore. I was sad that the previous style was no longer available, so I decided to give these a try. While they retain the comfort of the old style, in my opinion the durability and use of multiple materials is not really an improvement. With my old boots, I was able to polish them and keep them not only looking decent for work boots, but it was more to prolong the life and repel water. These you really can't polish because the toes are made of some different material(not leather) and the side has a large patch of suede.

I've already had the stitching start to come out on the toe cap a bit and the boots are barely 6 months old. the toe cap has gotten its share of dings. Personally, I won't be buying another pair of these boots. They are not horrible, but they are not great. The comfort level is great, I just wish I had the option to polish them and were more durable. Since I go through boots about 1 pair a year, I'm going to start looking for a new pair. I just wish they would bring back the old style.

3.0 out of 5 stars 'Twas good until now *EDIT*, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's Argon Hi P90090 Work Boot (Apparel)
Me: 6'4", 190 lbs, size 12 foot.

So I've had these boots for about a year now and only wanted to post a review after I've experienced them to the fullest.

I'm a simple lot attendant at Sam's Club but through the work day we have much potential to injure our feet which is why I found these boots interesting. I also had many problems with ingrown toenails, which is now eliminated :)

These were actually my first pair of boots I've owned, so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming all boots kind of hurt when the breaking-in process is incipient. After about a full two-weeks these were fully broken in and comfortable.

Sizing: I'm a size 12, with these boots I didn't have to down or up-size at all, it was a perfect fit. After about an 8 hour work shift I may have to re-tie them as they may get loose after strenuous activity.

Terrains: I live in southern California so we don't get much rain, but when we did have a bit (enough to flood the work area) I was able to step in large puddles without any water entering the inside to wet up my socks, thus staying completely dry. These boots are easily adjustable to have a tighter fit in the wintertime to keep your feet warm (although it's not necessary, these are pretty warm boots). The summertime your feet may sweat just a tad bit, or if not at all only at 100+ degree weather. What was astonishing was the hiking experience! Not sure if these are even meant for it, but I've EASILY rock climbed countless times, and been in soft sand/dirt without any getting into the inside of the boots.

Composite Toe: Makes the boot as comfortable as an athletic shoe without any weight added to it to have full versatility and protection. I've sat up to 150 pounds on it without it deteriorating or denting the toe. (DON'T TRY THIS)

Weight: It feels a bit heavy when holding them, but similar weight to a dress shoe when wearing them. For any athletic people, you don't have to worry about switching into your addidas or or J's, this is light enough for sprinting and jumping!

I HIGHLY recommend these boots and I will definitely be buying a second pair. But the durability is outstanding and might not have to buy another pair any time soon. Let me know if you have any questions ;)

****UPDATE****

So shortly after this review these boots started deteriorating tremendously. Almost all of the stitching is coming apart, enabling me to view the inside of the boot like the foam and what not. It's actually the main problem but it's a major issue when it needs to hold everything together. Also the leather is not keeping its tough exterior (maybe due to the rainy days). Don't get me wrong, it's still an excellent boot, but it's not meant to last maybe a year or 2. :'(

5.0 out of 5 stars Caterpillar boots, July 31, 2013
These boots took a few days to break in as most any new pair of boots do but they are well built boots and very comfortable. Not like most boots not being able to wait to get home so you can put your old boots back on! I wear them all the time now. Will buy another pair when these wear out!!

3.0 out of 5 stars shoes, November 26, 2013
A little bit tight on the side of my foot. Would be much better if top 2 eyes for laces where open quick lace for ease of putting boot on and off

1.0 out of 5 stars Boots look good but that's it, October 27, 2013
Like the look of these boots and they had great reviews, so I must have got defects because mine mad my ankles bleed. I work in construction so I have had a lot of boots. I'm used it breaking in boots but this was ridiculous. The inside where the tongue meets the boot kept rubbing my ankle raw. I loosened the laces so they were just hanging on, doubled up my socks but to no avail. Amazon had no problem in taking them back, thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars small toe box, September 25, 2013
boots did not fit when same size as cat nitrogen boots they were replacing. boots had very good construction just a little small

4.0 out of 5 stars Work well, October 24, 2013
I've had these for a while now. Bought them intentionally a little big because I have a collapsed arch and 9.5 4E is usually required for my flat feet. Well insulated, works great in above zero temperatures. I gave it a 4 because the right boot has a little bit of a dimple/fabric installation issue where the insulation of the tongue ties into the left side and cause a blister initially, now just a callus.

Caterpillar Men's Argon Hi P90090 Work Boot