4.0 out of 5 stars very good
I work in a solid waste transfer station, and needed steel toe boots or shoes.
Ive spent my whole life working as a fabricator and maintenance in mines and industrial settings, and now this industry, so i know all too well the importance of quality work footwear.
Published 16 months ago by dusty

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for serious work.
I work as a technician at a dealership. My old pair of work shoes (Timberland Pro Mudsills ) had reached the end of their lives and thought I would give these a try.

The good:

- They look good...

The bad:

Published 13 months ago by Lazaro Lima

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for serious work., June 25, 2013
Lazaro Lima (HOMESTEAD, FLORIDA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's Brode Steel Toe Work Shoe (Shoes)

The good:

- They look good...

The bad:

- The soles feel like they are made out of stone and the insoles might as well be a piece of wood. After a day of standing on them my feet are killing me.

- The build quality is rubbish. I have had them for less than a month and already the sole is starting to come off.

- CAT is just lying to your face when they say they are slip-resistant. These thing are dangerous on wet floors. Im not even talking
about oil or coolant. The second you hit the slightest bit of water they become ice skates. Ive had a couple near falls already, one that would have been serious.

So i guess Ill be resurrecting my old pair of shoes for a little bit longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, April 7, 2013
I work in a solid waste transfer station, and needed steel toe boots or shoes.
My problem is i have fallen arches and have had ankle surgery on both legs, so a classic work boot causes me great pain.
I wear vans skate shoes in my off time, as the flat sole and comfort suit me the best.
I looked everywhere for a similar experience in a durable quality work shoe and finally found it.
They look like respectable blue collar work boots but also cool like a skate shoe, the non slip sole is a bonus...as i get in some serious slippery situations all day.
They have a heeled boot style gap arch without having a heel..perfect for the uncountable times i have to climb ladders each day.
My only complaint is not with the shoe, but rather my feet. My little toe falls just short of the steel toe and rubs on it. A few days latet my foot adjusted and the shoes broke in better..
Overall, these are good looking durable, extra grippy safety shoes. A bit overpriced for a Cat boot but still reccomend them.
Very good quality

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Fitting, January 25, 2014
I kept thinking that it was the size of the shoe that was making it feel uncomfortable, but after trying a bigger pair I realized that the steel toe is at fault. I really think that they just put a steel toe made for a narrow shoe inside the wide one. It's a shame, because I really wish I could enjoy this shoe, but it was just too painful to wear casually. Guess my only option is to purchase the one without a steel toe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good buy, June 27, 2013
I bought these shoes online because I couldn't find them in stores. I work in a warehouse and dress pretty casually in shorts and a t-shirt and wanted something with a steel toe that wasn't a full on boot. I was nervous because I don't buy shoes online because I like to try them on but these turned out pretty good. They are just a little too small so I recommend buying them one size bigger than you normally wear but other than that they are just what I needed

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe's for the working man, July 17, 2014
I first found this shoe at other retailers and they wanted $80-90 for them. I figured I'd look on amazon to see the reviews and cost. Of course it was almost $30 cheaper and the reviews were good so I gave it a shot.
I needed to replace my worn out Timberland Pro steel toe shoes which I loved but it was tough love with the kind of work I put them through and of course that shoe is now discontinued. So I was looking for a shoe that was comparable and this one fit the bill perfectly. Its been a few weeks and I really like them, they did take some breaking in at first but within a week they are performing very well and I am happy with the purchase. 10 hours a day 6 days a week they will be put to the test. I will re-post if anything changes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped, January 12, 2014
These shoes are not nonslip, not even in water. There was also a defect in the right shoe, the steel toe is too small and the edges can be felt on the inside of the shoe making wearing them uncomfortable. I expected more of these shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking!, July 19, 2013
The good: much better looking and lighter than other steel toes my husband has tried.
The bad: wear socks that cover your back heel or you will get blisters and my husband said these are not as non-slip as others he has tried. If these were a little better in the nonslip department, they would get a five star rating.
Did size up a 1/2 size as per other reviews, husband says size is great. Cant attest to how long they hold up, but we usually average about three pair of work shoes a year, so if these make it 4 months we will be pleased!

2.0 out of 5 stars Double ordered, double charged, and NO STEEL TOES!, May 25, 2014
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's Brode Steel Toe Work Shoe (Shoes)
This product description clearly states that these are steel toe shoes. The shoes that arrived are not steel toe shoes, or safety shoes at all for that matter. I bought these for protection for my toes during work. Also, two pairs arrived and I was double charged! I'm returning both.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 8, 2014
Great for work I like it

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended shoes!!!, July 7, 2014
Amazing safety shoes higlhly recommended very confortable!!!!

Caterpillar Men's Brode Steel Toe Work Shoe