4.0 out of 5 stars Tough Boot
Published 23 months ago by D. Sin

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Construction
Wore boots for less than 20 days and they split across the heel on the rear of the boot just above the rubber heel guard. Was very disappointed with the construction of the boots.
Published 2 months ago by Greg Wallace

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough Boot, January 18, 2013
Ok so there are problems with getting the full description on this boot anywhere online-Even CAT's website does not tell everything about this boot. The primary concern I had is: does this boot have a steel shank? No where does is say it does or does not. Called CAT and after some fumbling around they told me that this boot does have a steel shank. If feels solid on my feet, but bends at the arch pretty easy the opposite direction of standing on a ladder, which tells me there is no steel shank. I don't know for sure, but I'm a bit skeptical. It's still a firm boot and very comfortable and solid around my feet, heels and ankles but since I don't think it's full steel shank 4 stars. Overall I'm happy with the purchase just wish I knew for sure about the shank so I can make a well calculated decision when purchasing. Here are some features of the boots:
-electrical shock resistant
-slip resistant
-oil resistant
-steel toe (as advertised)
-reinforced heel
-reinforced arch
-freeze & flame resistant
-waterproof (as advertised)
-full steel shank??? (I doubt it)

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!, December 30, 2012
I bought these boots for my bf, bc he works outside and specifically mentioned hes wanted the FreezeFlame kind.. He wanted 6", they only had them in 8" but i bought them anyways. Turns out, he LOVES them. The way the ties latch at the top are a little funky/weird to latch, but other than that, he works outside and even in the snow, with these boots one pair of reg socks work just fine! He says he gives them 5 stars! PLUS- theyre over $200 on the CAT site right now, but I got them here for around $140 with free shipping, and believe me, esp. size 13- those suckers are HEAVY! (but he says they dont feel heavy when theyre on your feet)

I just want to mention, it took a lot of thought to make a purchase this big- I work 2 jobs to get by. I am a total saver/ coupon user, and it hurts to spend that much on shoes, however, its not a pair of heels for a fun night. These are heavy duty awesome work boots.

We say- these boots are DEF worth the extra money, and they feel like they are very well made and will last a while!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic boots, March 1, 2013
Received these boots about 3 weeks ago. They are comfortable and broke in quickly. I expected waterproof boots to cause my feet to either sweat or dry out. Neither has happened. They're comfortable and have good traction. Use then climbing ladders, walking over different terrains, and such. Easy to clean. Soles do pickup small rocks, which is to be expected. For work boots they're more comfortable then some hiking boots I've owned in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Note for those who use orthotics, September 10, 2013
Another great pair of CAT boots, all around. As for sizing, they seem to run fairly true, unless you use the hard plastic type orthotic. Didn't have this issue with other CAT boots that had thinner cushion inserts, but the new removable insert that comes with this is noticeably thicker at the heel. This adds to the comfort that CAT boots are known for, but also adds a good half-inch height inside the boot, pushing the toes forward a hair, especially when adding another insert.

Easy remedy was to get a $15 pair of Dr. Scholls gel inserts that were half the thickness of CAT insert. Dropped them under my arch supports and after this quick switch the sizing is true.

**UPDATE: These definitely run a half-size smaller than the other CATS I've worn. Even with no inserts my toe rubs just enough to be uncomfortable at the end of the day. Toe box a little more square than last pair, and I guess this is the reason I'll need a 14.5 instead of a 14. Christmas just came early for my dad, who wears a half size smaller than me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoe that I have every had, November 28, 2013
feels great and comfortable. durable great priced. What can you ask for in a shoe water proof, steal toe, long lasting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Construction, September 29, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought Redwing boots instead, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's Excavator 8-Inch WP FF Work Boot (Apparel)
I drive flatbed trucks which tends to be pretty tough work where I kneel down a lot. These boots held up for about a month when the heal of the boot where that rubber piece meets the leather split. I sent in the boots and Caterpillar replaced the boots. I took a break from flatbed but no sooner then I started doing it again for 3 weeks and the boots split in the same exact spot. I called Cat and they said that their warranty ends after they replace one pair of boots and that they do not replace the replacement pair even though they were defective in the exact same way. The only way that I could have split these boots in this way was by kneeling down or just walking so I guess Cat doesn't take that into account. These boots are awesome in every other way. So if you don't plan on doing any really hard work where you have to kneel down then go ahead and buy these boots. Otherwise, buy Redwings.

1.0 out of 5 stars low quality, September 7, 2014
pleased don't spend your money on this boots, won't last

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, December 30, 2013
Came in a timely manner. Fit as expected and broke in really fast.
My one caution to buyers is that it is heavy.
after wearing these for a month my 6" Cat steel toes now feel like a pair of tennis shoes.
But I am really happy with these and would buy them again!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect boots, June 30, 2013
K. C. Riolo (Windsor, CA United States) - See all my reviews
amazing fit and feel in these boots. makes standing at work a whole lot easier. only complaint is that it took a little while to break in but that is to be expected with a new pair of boots.

Caterpillar Men's Excavator 8-Inch WP FF Work Boot