Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 18, 2013
Ok so there are problems with getting the full description on this boot anywhere online-Even CAT's website does not tell everything about this boot. The primary concern I had is: does this boot have a steel shank? No where does is say it does or does not. Called CAT and after some fumbling around they told me that this boot does have a steel shank. If feels solid on my feet, but bends at the arch pretty easy the opposite direction of standing on a ladder, which tells me there is no steel shank. I don't know for sure, but I'm a bit skeptical. It's still a firm boot and very comfortable and solid around my feet, heels and ankles but since I don't think it's full steel shank 4 stars. Overall I'm happy with the purchase just wish I knew for sure about the shank so I can make a well calculated decision when purchasing. Here are some features of the boots:
-electrical shock resistant
-slip resistant
-oil resistant
-steel toe (as advertised)
-reinforced heel
-reinforced arch
-freeze & flame resistant
-waterproof (as advertised)
-full steel shank??? (I doubt it)
on September 22, 2014
Came apart at the heel area sooner than expected. Husband is a mechanic and bought these to wear for work. Here we are about 7- months later and had to buy a different pair due to the back having a hole in them. Large enough to put your fingers through. Thought they were good the first 3-4 months but after that it went down hill.
review image
on December 30, 2012
I bought these boots for my bf, bc he works outside and specifically mentioned hes wanted the FreezeFlame kind.. He wanted 6", they only had them in 8" but i bought them anyways. Turns out, he LOVES them. The way the ties latch at the top are a little funky/weird to latch, but other than that, he works outside and even in the snow, with these boots one pair of reg socks work just fine! He says he gives them 5 stars! PLUS- theyre over $200 on the CAT site right now, but I got them here for around $140 with free shipping, and believe me, esp. size 13- those suckers are HEAVY! (but he says they dont feel heavy when theyre on your feet)

I just want to mention, it took a lot of thought to make a purchase this big- I work 2 jobs to get by. I am a total saver/ coupon user, and it hurts to spend that much on shoes, however, its not a pair of heels for a fun night. These are heavy duty awesome work boots.

We say- these boots are DEF worth the extra money, and they feel like they are very well made and will last a while!
on September 29, 2014
Wore boots for less than 20 days and they split across the heel on the rear of the boot just above the rubber heel guard. Was very disappointed with the construction of the boots.
on March 16, 2016
Good overall boot. Heavy, as expected with a massive steel toe. Fits to size advertised. My only issue are the eyelets which are a bit small and require more attention than they should with the laces. So far it has held up with everyday stuff.
on March 1, 2013
Received these boots about 3 weeks ago. They are comfortable and broke in quickly. I expected waterproof boots to cause my feet to either sweat or dry out. Neither has happened. They're comfortable and have good traction. Use then climbing ladders, walking over different terrains, and such. Easy to clean. Soles do pickup small rocks, which is to be expected. For work boots they're more comfortable then some hiking boots I've owned in the past.
on December 3, 2015
They seem to be quality boots, but they are too big. I wear a 10.5, but I cannot touch the toe end even trying very hard. With that being said, I can only imagine how much space would be there once broken in. I am returning and ordered a size 10M.

Update: I received the 10M and they fit like a glove! And while I have yet to put them to any extreme test, I have worn them several days and they are comfortable, and neither I nor my feet are fatigued at the end of the day.
on September 10, 2013
Another great pair of CAT boots, all around. As for sizing, they seem to run fairly true, unless you use the hard plastic type orthotic. Didn't have this issue with other CAT boots that had thinner cushion inserts, but the new removable insert that comes with this is noticeably thicker at the heel. This adds to the comfort that CAT boots are known for, but also adds a good half-inch height inside the boot, pushing the toes forward a hair, especially when adding another insert.

Easy remedy was to get a $15 pair of Dr. Scholls gel inserts that were half the thickness of CAT insert. Dropped them under my arch supports and after this quick switch the sizing is true.

**UPDATE: These definitely run a half-size smaller than the other CATS I've worn. Even with no inserts my toe rubs just enough to be uncomfortable at the end of the day. Toe box a little more square than last pair, and I guess this is the reason I'll need a 14.5 instead of a 14. Christmas just came early for my dad, who wears a half size smaller than me.
on January 14, 2016
At first these boots seemed fine, but a few months down the road the heel started coming off. The construction is terrible. You can find others that will actually hold up as work boots for the same price or less.
on January 25, 2013
I bought these for my hubby and he's very pleased with them after a month so far. He get's great traction on the ice and they look pretty stylish. He says they are very comfy and didn't need any breaking in time.