4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality
I liked these shoes so much I'm on my second pair and loving them.
They are well made, long lasting, and easy to slip on and off at the door.
As with any laceless slip on shoe, they will relax, getting a little looser over time.
Published on January 23, 2012 by Michaelman Merchandise

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE!! UPDATE 8-6-14
Published 2 months ago by Henry Vargas

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, January 23, 2012
I liked these shoes so much I'm on my second pair and loving them.
They are well made, long lasting, and easy to slip on and off at the door.
I really like the solid rubber/plastic bumper that goes all the way around and up the sides, this keeps water and mud off the leather and offers extra protection.

FYI- You may need to order one size down. I normally wear a size 9.5 shoe, but these must run large, as size 8.5 fits me good.
Overall great shoes.
May this help you in your shoe research.
M.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are incredible!, December 20, 2012
I am so impressed with the design and look of these shoes. I bought them for my husband for Christmas so I'll Update this with the fit of the shoe. But I cant believe his cool these are -and they're slip-one, no tying laces. The tension of the fit is quite snug so i doubt these will budge once they're on. The craftsmanship is so nice, the canvas and details are very trim and of good quality. I cant wait to give these to my husband, he 'll think I paid much more than I did.

They are a little weighty, its not a minimalist running shoe, but they aren't terrible like some of my husbands dress shoes or work boots.

I'll be back to update on the fit and wearability after Christmas.

Husband and the whole family loved these. My husband said they were comfortable and he loved the style and color...I ordered the black and cream colored shoes. He wore them all day Christmas and all day at work today he said they felt good all day and everyone at work noticed them my husband was glad to share that they were slip ons too. No pulling away of the soles from the canvas that I can see yet. We are fans of these shoes and will buy this brand again.

Ok update in march 2013:
Husband uses these at least 3 times a week and does a lot of warehouse trekking for his job. Aside from the dirtiness...a big reason I didn't get something white bright white soles, these are working out great. I haven't noticed any pulling at the seams of the rubber and canvas and I have wiped them down with a soapy rag more than once. He loves slipping them off while he is at his desk in the mornings...something he can't do with his other work appropriate shoes. They still look really nice (when they're clean) and I think the fact that my husband chooses these consistently over his other 28 pairs of shoes speaks to the comfort and overall wearability.

Update because I am ordering pair # 2 today-5-30-14!
Coming up on father's day- thought I would have our son "give these" as his gift to his dad... These are my husband's favorite shoes...we just need another pair in case they stop selling these. We actually have talked about getting a second pair a few times-yes we talked about his shoe love.
My husband still chooses to wear these several times a week-even when they don't match his clothes at all... They still look good over a year and a half later-I make sure and clean them every month or so-warehouse dust- The tread still looks pretty good- there are small cracks in the top of the rubber where the shoe bends...I have glued the canvas to the rubber-which had recently started to separate from the canvas-less than 1/4 inchx1/4 inch. I used a fabric glue-seems to be ok-its only been 2 weeks.

Anyway- these are such an attractive shoe-both on and off the foot- I'm really fond of them weirdly and we are getting our second pair to make sure we can replace these when they wear out.

really, truly, the best shoes I've gotten my husband and they are his favorite pair-obviously-that he has had in years.

Just got pair number 2, in the gray leather-these shoes are sooooo nice-they look so expensive and well made-even more high end than the canvas ones- I just can't wait for father's day now so my Husband can wear them! The leather is nice and dark gray so these will work well with anything he needs to wear black shoes with-and because they don't have the cream rubber-can be worn with bright white socks or gray or black...I got him cream colored socks for the other shoes fyi so they didn't look weird.

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE!! UPDATE 8-6-14, September 2, 2014
I read all the reviews before I purchased them, a lot of the reviews stated the suzes ran big, they do! I wear a 10-10 1/2 depending on shoe build, instead of getting a 10 I went with 9 1/2 and after trying them on I think I could have went with a 9, that is a whole size difference, the 9 1/2 is comfortable but!, if you are working on ladders, scaffolding or roofs you may want to get one size smaller. They feel good and have medium arch support, I use an arch support for my high arches. Over all a decent shoe built tough! and for the toughness I will purchase again.. Hope this review was helpful, have a great day and good luck!..... This is the update, after 8 days wearing them at work the rubber is coming unglued at the canvas mainly around the front mid point where your foot hinges, huge disappointment, DO NOT BUY!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars A little large and not very durable, August 11, 2014
The mostly pros - I originally purchased a size 13, which is what I wear in almost every other shoe I own, but that was a little large. Swapped it out for a size 12, and they fit perfectly. Once I put my custom orthotics in, the shoes were comfortable and the slip-on thing was great, it made getting ready for work a bit quicker, and it also helped wearing them through airport security - slipped right on and off.

The biggest con - I received my order the first week of May and it is now August, and while I wear them pretty much every day for work, running up and down stairs, it doesn't excuse the fact that after three months the sides of the soles have cracked and the fabric is ripping away from the sole. For a company known for making work wear, I would think they would be more durable. I was really disappointed, as I've had shoes from no name companies that cost half as much last twice as long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Price, Good Product, March 14, 2011
The quality is very good and look great, the only thing that would suggest a negative is that they weigh a bit more than usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice casual shoes, November 14, 2013
I usually wear a 10.5, and it is a perfect fit. I bought the canvas black version. A comfortable shoe with a good design. Like the no-tie lace design. Appears to be well made, however, they might need some vent holes. (not sure)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking Pair of Sneakers, Good Build Quality, Decent Fit., August 17, 2014
Overall, I really like these sneakers.

They would be perfect if the fixed elastic laces weren't so tight. Toward the end of the day, my feet feel really cramped from being squeezed all day. I also have the cloth peer of these and they don't feel quite as tight. I've had them longer so i'm hoping the laces for this pair just loosen a little bit , after a few more wears.

4.0 out of 5 stars Threads for my paws, October 13, 2012
I love the caterpillar brand and the way they style there shoes. There very comfortable fit well and have a heavy thread for good wear. Nice casual styling great with jeans. Go Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged Sneakers, October 10, 2011
Second pair bought for 19 year old long-boarder who is very tough on footwear. Very rugged, and distinctive-looking. Heavy shoes, so don't buy for basketball or agility sports.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, comfortable, just not durable., December 2, 2013
Purchased in March of 2013.I was a bit anxious about buying shoes on Amazon without having tried them on first. Luckily, these fit fantastically.

They are very comfortable, even for long periods of time, which is impressive since I have never found Converse style shoes to be particularly comfortable. I have not had any issues with the elastic straps wearing out and they are just as comfortable as the day I bought them, if not more so.

Unfortunately, within 5-6 months, they were already starting to break down. The rubber strip along the side has split on both shoes where the shoe flexes and has started to pull apart from the shoe. Holes have developed in the canvas on both shoes and one sore has a sizable hole in the suade where my little toe is.

I work a relatively stationary job so I wouldn't say I am rough on my shoes. It is disappointing as these seemed to be the perfect shoe in the first couple months. I may give the grey pair a shot since they are leather and might last longer but it looks like my quest for a solid casual shoe might be still in progress.

Caterpillar Men's Neder Lace-Up Sneaker