Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Caterpillar Men's Rangler MR 6" Work Boot
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on November 20, 2012
Too many work shoes have too many colors, Mike Rowe and Caterpillar have put together a Black shoe that can be worn in the office without any yellow, red, or other colors. Heavy construction, well made, can order with or without a steel toe (I wanted without!). Non-Slip type multi-material sole looks like it will wear good. Happy with style and workmanship. Caterpillar Men's Rangler MR 6" Work Boot.

Update - April 12, 2013: Have worn these shoes for a few months, impressed by feel and fit. The sole has performed fine on wet and icy surfaces, the shoes themselves are comfortable. I do wear a full length arch support (Lynco Sports Orthotics "420" available on Amazon, worth the cost but make sure you get the proper number for your foot) inside the shoe and use SOF SOLE Leather Lube (available on Amazon) to condition the leather. Conditioning the leather is critical, coat with "Lube", work it in the surface the best you can using fingers or shoe polish brush/foam pad and let it set for a couple of days in warm area. After using for a few days, then recondition at night and let soak "in" till morning or over the weekend, then once a month or two weeks depending on your wear. If shine/color needs attention, coat with polish (best boot Parade Gloss available) first, let dry then buff, then add thin coat of lube over top and let set at least 12 hours, wipe off excess lube just before wearing if you expect to be on a surface (carpet at home) with the shoes, otherwise it will take care of itself.
on April 9, 2013
I bought these boots (Rangler MR in black) along with 2nd shift by Caterpillar. These are not as heavy and stiff as the 2nd shift model and I got pretty comfortable in them quickly. For the price, material and build quality are quite good. Not having steel toe makes them relatively light compared to other work boots.

Are they good as my pair of US made Wolverines? No, but these cost me about 1/3 of what the Wolverines cost and 1/4 of what a pair of Red Wings cost. Aside from comparison to higher priced boots, these are pretty good on its own merit and are worthy of your consideration if you are looking for something on a budget.
on June 1, 2014
Color and style in former picture were likely photoshopped. Current picture looks accurate, boots arrived very stiff and heavier than I expected (or what looking for). Wore for 3 days without appreciable break in and gave up. Been sitting in my closet since.

Otherwise very sturdily made, not bad looking, would obviously stand up to some decent use. I was hoping for something a bit different I guess. Also still a bit narrow even in a wide version.
on April 6, 2014
They have satisfied me. Not yet I have used them, but if I have liked it in the pilot run. They do not make the so big foot for me and review the hardness of being able to get over to a battlefield. Thanks!
on April 13, 2013
I work in a warehouse and on my feet all day and these are perfect.Getting a second pair so I can alternate wear.This was recommended to me by a doctor, have been doing it for years and have never had a problem with my feet.
on September 26, 2013
These boots lasted about 3 months. I don't work under any conditions that would cause them to wear out that quick. also one side had something in them that cause one of my feet to break out in a rash. Eventually whatever was left in there from the manufacturing process probably some type of chemical disappeared and the rash went away but it took about a month. the right boot started to crack and develop a split in the top by the toe area almost immediately and deteriorated quickly from there. i would not recommend them to anyone
on June 17, 2013
I love Caterpillar boots, been wearing them for over ten years and will for a while now. They fit great, and are comfortable all day right out of the box, and they are very durable. Like the last pair I had, I'm sure I'll still have these boots as a back up pair years from now.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2013
At first they were uncomfortable, but I just stuck with it to break them in. After nearly 2 weeks of wear at work (I walk about 6-10 miles a day) not only did the fit get worse, but the shoe already started falling apart...

The fit wasn't to small, just too awkward. It pinched my toes on the sides (length was fine), and scraped against one side of my heel, and was too roomy around the arch of the foot. Just a terribly built shoe.

I imagine depending on your feet, these boots might be okay, but not for me.
on April 27, 2013
Great soft toe boot.True to size and comfortable! Good quality.Well worth the price.Will purchase another pair
if they are durable enough.
on June 11, 2013
This boot meets and exceeds my expectations. The craftsmanship is very good, have had other boots but for the price this is a great boot.