Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 5, 2013
i was looking for a nice strong shoe for everyday use, with strong sole and leather top. i had owned almost all known brands, except cat. so i looked amazon, zappos/6pm and caterpillar homepage. i wasnt impressed by shoe quality as shown in pic in amazon, and some review about cat wasn't alluring. besides, none of my friends had cat earlier. so was a bit confused about buying it. but this is the one i was looking for. so i decided to give it a try. and oh man! it just impressed me right out of box! amazon is selling it cheaper than any website, with free shipping. shoe quality is much better than shown in pic. nice stitching, strong sole, excellent finishing, and light weight. it looks and feels superb. as i told earlier, this is my first cat, and im just in love with it. so no puma/nike anymore! this is for everyday use, with fashion. only thing is it is built a size bigger than usual shoes. so you need to order one downsize when purchasing it. but its ok with me as i can feel some room around my toes,and i dont get tired wearing it whole day. overall, its an excellent buy. shipping and packaging? its amazon, man! enjoy!
on December 24, 2011
I've been a fan of cat footwear for a while now. Good quality and comfortable fit. I'm flat footed and many shoes come with footbeds that have too much arch support. This means I usually toss the supplied foot bed and use aftermarket insoles. The cat footbed has a more subtle arch support which I find comfortable. Another plus to this particular shoe is it's very lightweight.

Comfortable
Good looking
Lightweight
Quality construction and materials

I will probably order a second pair of these.
on February 16, 2015
3.5 stars. My girlfriend insisted I go carry-on only for our recent trip to Egypt, so I wanted to bring only the shoes on my feet when I got on the plane. I wanted a pair that would get me around town, off path, and look good at the opera house. These shoes appeared fit the bill very nicely: semi-rugged, yet handsome. Thankfully I had a week with them at home before my flight to break them in. First, they definitely run large. I wear 12-13, and these 12s were pretty roomy. I have somewhat slender feet, but plan on wearing at least a thick pair of socks. Secondly, I've never required a lot of arch support, but the insoles in these were downright worthless. The day before my flight I invested in a pair of Superfeet - a great product that saved my feet, but cost me another $40 after the purchase of the shoes themselves.

A+ for styling as it's hard to find such aesthetically versatile shoes, but a big F for insole comfort.
on June 19, 2015
Well made, nice in appearance, fit for casual dress attire almost! They have nice room for my usual DD or E width foot, but are a little lacking for the high arches I have. I had to buy some nice arch supports and after two days using them find these to be extremely comfortable. I hope that some day shoes will come with some manner of "arch height" in the sizing information. We have size and widthe, so I cannot see why it would be difficult to implement an "arch height" statement as well.
Great product Caterpillar a good design and durable with great attractive qualities. Only one other minor con; The lug sole is hard to clear of mud, so be careful and don't track onto a customers carpet, or worse yet, don't mess up mamma's floors either!
on April 18, 2016
I work in an office setting but am frequently on my feet on carpeted concrete and on pavement outside of work. I tend to want to wear the same pair of shoes all day. I can tell you these are by far the best shoe I have worn for that purpose. I wanted something with an aggressive tread and long wear time. I wear these shoes 90% of any given week for most of the day, and they lasted me about 15 months until the tread wore down and eventually got a hole. Previous brands I've tried (Sketchers, Clark, etc) I was burning through a pair in about 6-8 months, so the durability was excellent. I replaced the insole after about 6 months with a cheap Dr. Scholl's pair and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Just bought another pair to replace.
on September 19, 2014
I bought these for working in an indoor office environment approx 45hrs/week, but ended up wearing them everywhere else as well.

I ordered a half-size large on purpose, but I do feel like they were more roomy than I expected with laces fully tight.

Excellent construction. Not too stiff, not too soft.

UPDATE: Insole needs to be thicker, more cushy. I bought work boot insoles and now the shoe felt complete until the back of heel liner fabric started crumbling like it was paper. Replaced after less than two years of use.

I bought some Timberlands now and they're far more comfortable.
on January 12, 2016
As everyone has mentioned go for a size down. I wear a size 9 typically, and went for a size 8.5 and it fits great. Has an odd ankle support that I haven't felt before, but feels good. I have a standard width, and it fits great that way.

Also as everyone has mentioned, the inside support is very... flat, so I have already planned to change it out. Overall, exactly as expected.
on July 11, 2014
I bought these shoes to use when I have to spend a lot of time on my feet, but also want to look nice, and they are fantastic. I've worn these shoes all over Europe now, both on city streets and hiking trails, and I've worn them at trade shows. In both cases they look very sharp, passing as dress shoes at a glance at least, but they are super comfortable and have great tread. They aren't water proof by any means, but the leather is quite water resistant, so as long as I can avoid stepping into a deep puddle they do a pretty good job of keeping my feet dry. I've had them for about a year, and although they aren't my usual daily shoes, they've probably done 100+ miles and still look brand new. If they do start to wear out, or if I decide I want a pair in brown, I will definitely be buying another pair of these.
on February 1, 2015
This is a very well made shoe / boot. it feels like it would stand the test of time. the construction is of high quality and its not too heavy at the same time. I would like a laceless version to thiis. also it fits slightly larger than you'd expect. i usually wear size 12, but i was advised to trim it down by 1/2 so i got a size 11 1/2 and it fit perfect. hope this has been helpful. I will update this post as i continue to use this shoe.
on March 28, 2015
My husband loves these shoes but does use an additional half sole with arch and heel support to make them more comfortable.
They are a very nice looking shoe, somewhere between a dress and running shoe. Good for a casual work environment.