5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots.
Published 20 months ago by CN

3.0 out of 5 stars A good-looking pair of boots with a few flaws.
Very supple boots that seem well constructed. No insole. Two observations:

1- The boot has brown contrast stitching that stands out more than in the photo. This was easily cured with some black shoe polish.

Published 21 months ago by Strike Me Down Now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots., February 13, 2013
These boots are fantastic. They aren't bulky like a lot of other work boots. They were pretty comfortable right out of the box and I expect them to really get good once they break in a bit more. The leather is soft but thick, and they look great. Based on other reviews, I ordered a half size down and they are a perfect fit. I'm very pleased with them. If any construction or quality issues arise over the next few months I'll update this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, October 31, 2013
Read the reviews before you order. I am a solid size 12 and have been for a long time. I read the reviews and ordered a size 11.5
After receiving the boots today and being worried about the size... they fit perfectly. I would also suggest ordering at least a half size smaller than your usual size. Now for the style and quality - truly 5 stars. I could have put 4 stars and waited to wear them a few days but the experience and the quality pushed me to 5 out of the gate.

Hope this review helps!

3.0 out of 5 stars A good-looking pair of boots with a few flaws., January 28, 2013
Very supple boots that seem well constructed. No insole. Two observations:

2- The boot has rivets on both sides of the upper (you can see them in the image). The inside rivet is placed right about where the joint for the big toe is. It's covered with a piece of leather but the rivet forces a hard protrusion that can rub against the joint. It's mostly an annoyance that I'm hoping will either soften up or my foot will get used to. For wearing a few hours at a time, it's not bad. I haven't worn them all day yet and am just hoping that normal break-in will do the trick.

I normally wear a 10.5 wide. Since this boot didn't come in widths, I ordered an 11. The fit is great. It doesn't have an insole but there is enough room to put in an insert without the boot getting tight.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great looking boot, December 6, 2012
The boot looks and feels great, it runs about a half size too big. But aside from that it will only get more comfy as it forms to my feet more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, the perfect boot for everything, May 17, 2014
I enjoy wearing boots that would typically be classified as "combat" or "work" boots. But, I work in an office and have to dress appropriately. As such, for years, I've been in search of a boot that I can wear at work with slacks and a tie, wear in jeans, and wear while riding my motorcycle.

These boots fit the bill. After two days of breaking them in (the first day, ~8-12 hours was a little bit uncomfortable), they are soft and welcoming. Seriously, I've never had a pair of boots or shoes with such soft leather. I wear these for ~8-20 hours a day, and my feet never get sore; no blisters, just bliss.

- They run large/roomy
- They are not insulated. Good for me.
- They do not have much of a insole. I have not been bothered by this, though for excessive standing you may want to purchase insoles; I might do so eventually
- The sole is not "rugged", like a Vibram work boot sole, but it is not flat or smooth. I have had no issues with slipping. The tips of the sole at the heel and toe have a separate, slightly firmer piece that take the brunt of the wear from the heel.
- The stitching is a reddish brown, but while another reviewer noted that as a negative, for someone wanting a black boot, I find it perfectly acceptable. I have not yet shined them and am curious to see how that affects the stitching. Soon.
- The welt and sides of the sole are not black, they are something like a coyote tan/grey. As someone coming from a fully black boot looking for a black boot, I am not bothered by this at all.
- The laces are good, though oddly I seem to have gotten laces of different lengths. The proper lace is a very good length for fully lacing the boot without excess.

I love them. I hope they last forever. If they don't, I'll probably buy another pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got them today, my honest opinion, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Caterpillar Men's Orson Boot (Apparel)
Right out of the box the construction on the boot is top notch, no corners were cut making this boot. Considering this company also makes awesome tough looking construction equipment, I expected nothing less. I was right.
Looks like they will last a very long time if taken care of.

For fit: they do run big, select a 1/2 size down and you should be fine. For some people, like me, maybe a thicker pair of socks will do the trick, but hey its almost winter weather so these will really do the trick keeping my feet warm. Also they are not very heavy, which surprised me. So there's that.

Comfort: Very comfortable, a bit stiff and clunky at first, but once they wear in I can tell they will fit like a glove. Haven't noticed any issues with sore spots or rubbing that you get with some leather boots, the inside of the boot is very smooth and soft.

Color:
-Oxblood: The color in the picture is pretty spot on, nice dark color and not too red as some online photos suggest, real sharp looking. Will look super sweet with your motorcycle or chopping wood like a man.

All in all this is a sweet boot that doesn't have dumb zippers to get them off and on and looks awesome.

I would also like to take this time and address Roy Rojas's review: Don't blame the boot for being the wrong color man, its not his fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots for the Money, March 11, 2014
I own two pairs of Caterpillar's more casual boots. I love them. The toe box is large which I like. It has a nice wide footprint. They are comfortable right away. (Unlike more expensive Red Wings.) I can't recommend these enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars ** So Far So Good, February 27, 2014
I ordered these boots as a birthday present and am still breaking them it. The leather is thick and durable (so far). The sole is reinforced at the heel and at the toe--this should help to minimize wear (I tend to drag my heels and wear through my soles unevenly). The boot lace up easily, and I can comfortably get them on and off. Given the overall quality of the leather and the stitching, I'm looking forward to taking my time to get them broken in, and then wearing them for years. So far, I would highly recommend these boots for anyone looking for something with a more classic style that looks good with slacks, khakis, or jeans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pair of boots!, September 28, 2014
Awesome pair of boots! Ironically, I get more compliments on these compared to my other pairs of boots lol. I normally wear a U.S. men's size 12 in shoes (DC, Vans, Steve Madden, Merrell). But when it comes to boots, I always buy my pairs one full size down. I have thin flat feet by the way. I ordered a size 11 in these and they fit great. Nice and roomy, don't have that suffocated feeling you sometimes get with boots. What I love most about these is they give you a rugged yet stylish look. The nicks will show easily on these due to the color but... boots aren't made to look clean and pretty!

4.0 out of 5 stars My go to boot., July 6, 2014
Like the look of this boot a lot. Treated it with snoseal and now it is my go to boot in wet weather. 7 fits more like an 8.

Caterpillar Men's Orson Boot