5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, just like the movie!
Published on November 25, 2012 by Evan

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and sad at the same time
I find the series quite amazing; it's kind of like a circus freak show or an accident, you can't help but stare. The people who are in these shows are fascinating and repelling at the same time. I like the show and feel rather bad for having watched it.
Published 6 days ago by A discerning buyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, just like the movie!, November 25, 2012
Catfish was an absolutely terrific movie, and I was skeptical they could bring the same sensibility to a TV show. I was wrong! Neve has the same everyman charisma he showcased in the movie, and the exposes and mysteries are well-crafted and keep you on the edge of your seat. I sound like a plant at this point but I'm just a very enthusiastic fan of the movie and now this show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., December 21, 2012
This show is very good. You never know what is going to happen. It never ceases to amaze me. The host if personable and fun to watch. The show keeps you riveted.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a peacemaker!, July 9, 2013
Nev's ability to make peace between people in situations that could otherwise go ballistic is such a gift. I'm retired on a fixed income and have spent a big chunk of my "entertainment" allowance watching segments of this show. Also, of course, this show is such an eye-opener as a warning to all of us regarding internet "relationships." As to his original experience in "Catfish" (the Movie); that it led to this series, which benefits others of us out here clicking around on our computers, was for the good. After viewing several of the segments, even if I think I know what's going to happen "this" time, I'm surprised again and again. As his program speaks to so many societal trends which were not even possible back in my college days, I find myself thinking that, if I were still back in college, I would -- with his permission, of course -- use Nev's "Catfish" series as the basis of some paper or another in my Psychology/Sociology coursework. Everyone who uses social networking should watch this series, and take the lessons it offers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Family safe good documentary, August 4, 2013
Adam (United States) - See all my reviews
I don't remember how I heard about this but I watched once myself and then again with my wife. You just really like these guys by the end. There television show is also very uplifting despite being shot by MTV

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in Love with NEV, July 1, 2013
Who would have thought someone brokenhearted by a bad internet relationship gone wrong would and could help right the wrongs of many others, and play matchmaker in the process?

Nev is a humanitarian, matchmaker, detective, therapist, and so much more, all rolled into one. And you gotta love Max too. I saw Catfish the Movie about a year ago and when I saw that there was a show on MTV, I rolled my eyes and thought to myself, "really, you're making a TV show out of this? MTV is just never going to be the same."

Actually, though, the TV show is actually pretty good. I love it that Nev is getting addicts and compulsive liars to turn over a new leaf and life. People that have assumed other people's identities for years are coming clean!!! I always thought such people to be mentally insane or lacking or imbalanced or unintelligent to say the least, but most of the time, the people who did that were lacking love, or self-esteem. Some of the perpetrators are even beautiful and gorgeous. It's like why did you resort to such antics and thievery? The human psyche is quite complex and this show helps to make sense of certain things.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener, July 11, 2013
L. Freed (Hockessin, Delaware USA) - See all my reviews
This series reveals how dishonest people can be on social media. Nev Shulman brings out genuine emotions from the guests.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, February 14, 2013
I don't know what it is about it, but this show is completely engaging and we watch episodes each week as they're posted. I recommend it to anyone. It's real and honest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helping people move forward in their lives, November 17, 2014
My niece turned me on to this series. Each episode I would have a sinking feeling that someone was going to get their feelings hurt one way or another. It never ceases to amaze me how how easy some people find lying and how willing they are to hurt another person for "entertainment". However, I find Nev very personable and he is always looking out for the best interest of the participants whether they are the catfish or not. I'm hoping season 2 has more happy endings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 20, 2014
This review is from: Catfish: The TV Show Season 1 [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
So addicting

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff really happens, January 1, 2014
This show is very interesting, original and unbelievable because this sort of thing really does happen. You have to watch this show.