The Six Wives of Henry VIII 1 Season 1970
Amazon Instant Video
1. Catherine of Aragon Catherine of Aragon seemed to be the perfect queen. She had love for her husband and was loyal to her people and to her faith, but she was unable to bear Henry a surviving son.
2. Anne Boleyn Wanting everything and unwilling to be subservient, Anne Boleyn, the second wife of the omnipotent king moves headlong towards a terrible fate but her wit, charm and courage shine to the end.
3. Jane Seymour The shy and devout Jane Seymour is the antithesis of Anne Boleyn. She comforts and cherishes her king with loyalty and love and even bears him a child. But tragedy awaits.
4. Anne of Cleves Henry's marriage to the raw-boned Anne of Cleves is the story of an uneasy alliance between England and Germany, a political convenience. But while the annulment of that marriage amounts to a corresponding escape from political dilemmas, it also means the…
5. Catherine Howard Henry is enchanted by the young and beautiful Catherine Howard; who is in love with the glamour of being the Queen of England. But her physical distaste for the king, her vanity, immaturity, indiscretion and adultery lead her, with her lover, to a bitter end.
6. Catherine Parr Having been forced to marry the gross and ageing king, the unpretentious Queen proves to be the only wife whose courageous honesty, directness and shining intellect endear rather than anger King Henry. She is also the only wife to survive her marriage and…
|Starring||Keith Michell, Annette Crosbie|
|Supporting actors||Dorothy Tutin, Patrick Troughton, John Woodnutt, Ken Wynne, Sally Travers, Donald Bisset, Margaret Ford, Ronald Adam, Martin Ratcliffe, Will Leighton, Joyce Mandre, Valentine Palmer, John Baskcomb, Verina Greenlaw, Raymond Adamson, Charles Workman, Geoffrey Lewis, Robert Hartley|
|Producers||Mark Shivas, Ronald Travers|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
I found it very good but not quite as good as The Tudors but I am not finished yet so, we will see how my final thoughts are, as for keeping true to the real history it lacks some... Read morePublished 21 days ago by martha leedy
My favorite story of Henry VIII. Very well done and so believable!Published 1 month ago by Karen A. Tackitt
Finally, the search is over. A way to own this most excellent series and enjoy it anytime. Easily downloaded to computer for future viewing pleasure!Published 3 months ago by tj
Bought this because I remember watching it on PBS as a kid. It's just so out of date. Buy The Tudors series instead.Published 5 months ago by Susan Redbone
It is historically accurate -- even to the casting and makeup that makes each character represent his or her historical likeness. It is well acted. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
Unfortunately this was an awful purchase. The quality of acting and the sets, everything is very poor quality. Could only watch it for a few minutes. It was pretty bad. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Shawn C. Foster
i remember watching this as a child many years ago. great acting. it's basically a play that has been videotaped, but it's so well done, you don't care.Published 7 months ago by Daren K. Sweeney
I'm a Henry VIII aficionado so I've read many books and watched many movies highlighting this era. Season 1 of The Six Wives was okay but for someone familiar with the material,... Read morePublished 7 months ago by HaviLover