5.0 out of 5 stars Catit Cat litter pan

3.0 out of 5 stars Great in theory, but too small all around
Published 13 months ago by shoespaz

5.0 out of 5 stars Catit Cat litter pan, February 21, 2013
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
I have tried almost every litter box on the market. This one is the best hands down! It's reasonably priced and very well made. I have tried the ones that the cat has to jump into from the top to try and control litter spillage. I liked it, but the cat not so much. And I worried she wouldn't use it as she aged. Other boxes seemed to shallow to contain litter. This box has high sides and the rim you attach around the edges keeps the litter where it belongs......in the box. The box has a good size footprint and is the perfect height.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed the digging and kicking cat littler problem, August 13, 2013
Sammie 62 (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
I Have a Large rescue cat from the hurricane Sandy/Rockaway Area, who loves to dig/kick his littler onto the floor outside of the box. We have tried three other litter boxes, yes this one fixed the problem. Some things you should know, is the box is about 11 inches high on one end and gently tapers down to about 7 inches at the other end to allow the cat to get in/out. Also, it comes with a type of rim clip ( pictured in gray ) that snaps over the outside rim and aids to keep the littler in the box. Great product, Great design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big enough. Does the job., August 10, 2013
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
My litter box location is on carpet, so I need one with the rim to prevent the litter from splashing out. All the other "very large" litter boxes with a rim were big enough for my 9 pound cat, but my 11 pound cat barely fit in and sometimes went over the side. The only larger boxes I could find locally had no rim. This box is perfect. Big enough for my bigger cat, no litter on the carpet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to Have Solved Our Liter Box Problem, December 8, 2013
R Samuel (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
Our elderly cat has arthritis and has taken to not getting all the way in the old and then two other new liter boxes we recently tried. I tried a hooded box, a lower to the ground box - but she kept 'going' just over the entrance side. It would often dribble over the side... The depth and LENGTH of this box seems to have eliminated her elimination aim problem! :) It's low enough she can jump in easily - but high enough and deep enough that she keeps moving forward before she does her thing. Worth a try if you have a similar issue - or for any bigger/longer cat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Litter Box On The Market., November 18, 2013
Truckerswife "Truckerswife" (Cleveland, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
My Cat's old box had to be replaced due to a hole in the bottom of the box. I ran to our nearest pet store and I could not find the same exact box I had owned. So, I tried to find the best box possible. As it turned out over the course of over a month or so.
My cat managed to pee all over the end of the box which resulted in pee soaking through under his mat. Not to mention, that like all cats, my cat loves to shar his litter all over the place, in the efforts of making a perfect spot to do #2.
Well with his current box the litter wound up all over the floor every time he did that. So every week, not only did I empty his box out, but I had to scrub the floor under his mat. And vacuum up all the litter. Plus sanitize his mat & the floor around it.
It made changing his box out every week, more of a chore then what it should be.
And of course I do clean out his box on a daily basis, as any other responsible cat lover ought to. But, I also change out the whole litter box on a weekly basis as well. Anyway, I got fed up with all of this extra work. I never had this problem with his old box. So I searched and searched on line & read many reviews.
Then I ordered this Catit Cat Litter Pan.
This product had many positive reviews and now I know why. It works!!!
And I am so happy I own this now. Not only does his litter STAY in the box. But his butt stays in the box too. And now his pee stays there, so no more wiping up the floor. My cat is only 11 pounds. I suppose that maybe big for some people. But I guess his fat butt was too big for the old/new box. But in any event. I am one happy camper.
This box is nice & roomy and is perfect for my needs.
I don't care about the color change. It looks grey here but it comes to you in taupe. So be warned about that if your into more of the color you won't get gray, lol.. But, I was looking for function, not color. And this by far is the BEST litter box ever. No more excess mess! to clean up. Thank YOU Catit people. Your the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best litter boxes (and I've tried QUITE A FEW!!), November 4, 2013
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
One of the best litter boxes (and I've tried quite a few!!). Really helps to reduce the "litter-splatter" that some kitties like to produce as they prepare for or cover their "goings". :-) One of my cats is a pretty large girl (12lbs), and she refused to enter another life-saving (automatic) litterbox cleaner because it has a cover, and she apparently does not like being surrounded. So, she started going outside of the box, just nearby. With this litterbox, she always uses it, and the litter stays inside the box - thanks to the top element of the box. Don't think twice, buy it, it's GOOD.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great in theory, but too small all around, November 19, 2013
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
Great design in theory, but if you have decent sized cats (mine are 13 pounds) who like to stand when they pee, and if you use the proper amount of litter (at least 3.5-4 inches deep), then this box is too small. If it were 3+ inches taller/longer/wider, it would be great. It's going back, and I'm going to try a 30 gallon storage bin with a chunk cut out for the cats to get through. [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, September 25, 2013
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
I have 2 large cats but hate having a litter box in my home. I refuse to have 2 litter boxes, so this is large and works well for multiple cats.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC PROBLEM SOLVING LITTER PAN, December 12, 2013
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
Perfect for my very particular feline companion who just doesn't squat down far enough to avoid a mess. This is the first litter pan that has worked in the last 5 years (and I have tried many from low cost to high cost, walk-ins, uncovered, you name it, I tried it). I did have to make sure the higher side was the side she entered, but after that, all ended up in the litter pan and not on the floor. Finally, an answer to an unending issue. Can't thank you enough!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked after 2 weeks!, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray (Misc.)
I was initially disappointed because I expected the box to be higher all the way around. But I took my chances and switched over. Within 5 minutes I watched my cat test it out. He is a 12-pound 'stand and spray' type, and I held my breathe as I heard the loud sound of his spray hitting the plastic liner. Luckily, it all seemed to land inside so I left it. I scoop twice a day, and do not move the box at all during this task. I only keep about 2" of litter in it, so it's not even heavy. I pulled it out tonight to switch out the litter. The top came right off with no struggle whatsoever, but when I removed the liner bag with the litter, I saw a giant crack down the front corner. So long I have to go back to the old box as it will probably leak. What the heck??? TWO WEEKS of sitting on the floor with minimal litter, a normal cat, and no rough handling. I am so ticked. I can't see myself boxing up a giant litter box for return, but I guess I have to. No excuse for that.

Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Gray