Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim, Taupe
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 8, 2015
I already had large pans with similar dimensions. The difference was they had a lip that rounded outward and was just a smidge lower than the fronts of these. The rounded outward lip allowed my two most active "buriers" to stand outside the front of the box and "dig" the litter into piles on the floor directly in front of the boxes. Even low-tracking litter tracked because of that. Plus, little piles of litter.

These new boxes solved that completely! Of course there's still a tiny amount of tracking, but I've gone from having to sweep every day to every three days! That's a big deal in my book. One of my cats climbs the sides of the boxes and likes to leave them from the side, plus she tends to grab the edges and pull with her claws while she seems to think she's burying her scat, while really just making a bunch of racket. I was a little worried the snap-on lip on these would just get pulled off by her, but they've held up just fine, even with her standing on them while climbing to exit the side.

I love, love, love these boxes. IMO, they should be considered the gold standard in uncovered boxes and should be in every pet supply store.

The color I received does seem more taupe than gray, and the snap-on lip is a different shade, but I think they look nice. I like the taupe color I received better than the gray I thought they would be. I got four of them, BTW. Would/will buy again.
review image
0Comment|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2013
I have tried almost every litter box on the market. This one is the best hands down! It's reasonably priced and very well made. I have tried the ones that the cat has to jump into from the top to try and control litter spillage. I liked it, but the cat not so much. And I worried she wouldn't use it as she aged. Other boxes seemed to shallow to contain litter. This box has high sides and the rim you attach around the edges keeps the litter where it belongs......in the box. The box has a good size footprint and is the perfect height.
0Comment|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2013
Our elderly cat has arthritis and has taken to not getting all the way in the old and then two other new liter boxes we recently tried. I tried a hooded box, a lower to the ground box - but she kept 'going' just over the entrance side. It would often dribble over the side... The depth and LENGTH of this box seems to have eliminated her elimination aim problem! :) It's low enough she can jump in easily - but high enough and deep enough that she keeps moving forward before she does her thing. Worth a try if you have a similar issue - or for any bigger/longer cat. A year and a half later (6/2015) it still does the job - not ONE accident since we got it.
33 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2013
I Have a Large rescue cat from the hurricane Sandy/Rockaway Area, who loves to dig/kick his littler onto the floor outside of the box. We have tried three other litter boxes, yes this one fixed the problem. Some things you should know, is the box is about 11 inches high on one end and gently tapers down to about 7 inches at the other end to allow the cat to get in/out. Also, it comes with a type of rim clip ( pictured in gray ) that snaps over the outside rim and aids to keep the littler in the box. Great product, Great design.
on November 18, 2013
My Cat's old box had to be replaced due to a hole in the bottom of the box. I ran to our nearest pet store and I could not find the same exact box I had owned. So, I tried to find the best box possible. As it turned out over the course of over a month or so.
My cat managed to pee all over the end of the box which resulted in pee soaking through under his mat. Not to mention, that like all cats, my cat loves to shar his litter all over the place, in the efforts of making a perfect spot to do #2.
Well with his current box the litter wound up all over the floor every time he did that. So every week, not only did I empty his box out, but I had to scrub the floor under his mat. And vacuum up all the litter. Plus sanitize his mat & the floor around it.
It made changing his box out every week, more of a chore then what it should be.
And of course I do clean out his box on a daily basis, as any other responsible cat lover ought to. But, I also change out the whole litter box on a weekly basis as well. Anyway, I got fed up with all of this extra work. I never had this problem with his old box. So I searched and searched on line & read many reviews.
Then I ordered this Catit Cat Litter Pan.
This product had many positive reviews and now I know why. It works!!!
And I am so happy I own this now. Not only does his litter STAY in the box. But his butt stays in the box too. And now his pee stays there, so no more wiping up the floor. My cat is only 11 pounds. I suppose that maybe big for some people. But I guess his fat butt was too big for the old/new box. But in any event. I am one happy camper.
This box is nice & roomy and is perfect for my needs.
I don't care about the color change. It looks grey here but it comes to you in taupe. So be warned about that if your into more of the color you won't get gray, lol.. But, I was looking for function, not color. And this by far is the BEST litter box ever. No more excess mess! to clean up. Thank YOU Catit people. Your the best!
on July 12, 2015
Like others have said, it contains a lot of the litter that kitty would kick out of a smaller boxes. Detachable rim also holds liners in place. Due to size of litter box, 39gal or larger are needed, if you want to bag line it.

My system is to double bag the box and fill with Dr. Elsey's litter. I specifically like Dr. Elsey's because it is low dust, and makes hard clumps, and holds up well in humid conditions. When it comes time to scoop, shift box side to side to move waste to surface. Move the bag to dislodge whatever is stuck to the side of the box. Scoop the waste in entirety and sift gently to reduce the chance of the clump breaking. This method has really helped prolong the litter, reduce smells, and my cats don't have any accidents anymore.

Bags can be a pain to work with, but my cats like to dig deep and use the corners, so their waste will stick to the box. For whatever reason it doesn't stick much to the bag.
review image
on August 10, 2013
My litter box location is on carpet, so I need one with the rim to prevent the litter from splashing out. All the other "very large" litter boxes with a rim were big enough for my 9 pound cat, but my 11 pound cat barely fit in and sometimes went over the side. The only larger boxes I could find locally had no rim. This box is perfect. Big enough for my bigger cat, no litter on the carpet.
on November 4, 2013
One of the best litter boxes (and I've tried quite a few!!). Really helps to reduce the "litter-splatter" that some kitties like to produce as they prepare for or cover their "goings". :-) One of my cats is a pretty large girl (12lbs), and she refused to enter another life-saving (automatic) litterbox cleaner because it has a cover, and she apparently does not like being surrounded. So, she started going outside of the box, just nearby. With this litterbox, she always uses it, and the litter stays inside the box - thanks to the top element of the box. Don't think twice, buy it, it's GOOD.
on December 9, 2015
Nice design but thin fragile plastic, bottom cracked in a month. The bottom of the litter box doesn't sit directly on the floor, it's raised up a little and you can see where the plastic is sinking, turning white from stress of the weight of the litter and cats using it. I went to empty and clean the box today and it's got a 2 inch crack in the base, I've duck taped it while I look for a higher quality plastic box. What a shame.
review image review image review image
on September 25, 2013
I have 2 large cats but hate having a litter box in my home. I refuse to have 2 litter boxes, so this is large and works well for multiple cats.