5.0 out of 5 stars You Already Must Know
This fountain beats any of the competitors. The filters, however, don't last any longer than other types, but they do contain more carbon than Petsmart's. One will easily last 6 weeks if you rinse it once a week. Easy to install and really purifies the water. Good invention!
Published on November 9, 2007 by Martin A Hogan

3.0 out of 5 stars Vero Jo
It was a bit hard to get it setup so that the water spread out evenly over the dome. Neither of my cats was interested, but I gave it to my son and his 3 cats love it !
Published on September 6, 2012 by Vero Jo

5.0 out of 5 stars You Already Must Know, November 9, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars Just filters, June 13, 2007
The title and picture are both wrong, its just the 3 pack of filters, but the price is right. The filters work as advertised. With 2 cats you're looking at about 2 to 3 weeks per filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, June 28, 2007
This has to be the best thing I have ever bought for my cats, and mind you I have 7!! It only took them a couple of days to figure out what they prefered, to either drink for the sphere or just the bowl. And if you have Persians, let me tell you, they will love you for it always. They usually choke on bowls because they barely have a snout, their faces are pushed in and flat. This is the best thing for this gorgeous breed of cats and if I had one thing I would change, it would oly be to make the pumps available for replacement since they get dirty quickly and if not careful, they will stop working.

Otherwise, this is my favorite buy EVER!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars best fountain I've used, June 22, 2007
I've tried the "big 3 brands" of water fountains and the same complaints with all of them, impossibly hard to clean! Even with the cute little brushes provided for some. Too many corners and places for that slime to hide.The Catit fountain completely comes apart and has no corners for slime or dirt to hide in. Even large handed people will find this product a breeze to clean! Included with my catit fountain was a hard rubber (plastic) cord protector so cats can't chew on the cord. This is the best fountain I've found.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small gaps, but work ok, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Catit Drinking Fountain Replacement Carbon Filter Cartridge for Fresh & Clear Drinking Fountain - 3-Pack (Misc.)
These catch anything that goes through them, but there are small gaps at the ends and top that some stuff goes through which allows it to get into the pump. They also don't get the pink slimy buildup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., December 20, 2008
Glad I was able to order this item online because the pet stores in my town nor the discount department stores carry this item. The price was good too. My cat loves the fountain so will order again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Filters, May 26, 2009
The filters work great, just as they should. I only received 1 box of 3 filters at first so I sent them an email asking them why, and they sent out the other 2 boxes.

4.0 out of 5 stars CatIt Does It, May 22, 2007
AFRED "Allyka" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
My two kittens were raised by the breeder on a Petmate fountain, and had no trouble transitioning to this, or, to a non powered gravity fed dispenser of water. Unfortunately, they love to splash the regular water dispenser because when the storage bottle feeds it, it makes a blub blub blub noise they seem to find amazing. They drink from the Catit fountain, both from the bowl (which is smaller than the regular water dispenser, so they can't splash it) and from the dome. In both cases, they drink from the spots where the water emanates - rather than from the bowl proper, or the broad surface of the dome. It is unnecessarily tricky to fill and change, but not a major obstacle. Hiding the cord from kittens is a trick, too, but thankfully they outgrow their fascination with 1/4 inch of cord you can't hide. The water is always clean - and, in my case, in the bowl and not on the floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN A LIFE SAVOR TO ME, November 2, 2014
csue6322 (Fort Worth, TX USA) - See all my reviews
My cat loves water (to drink) I've tried another fountain and he is so inquisitive he kept working on it to get it apart . I'm sure he would like the water coming out but he had to see how it worked. So I gave that fountain away and had to go back to giving him water in a bowl and at times he would turn it over..I was at my wits end until I saw the Catit system. He was so fascinated and loves lickin the sides where it runs down into the bowl. I have two of them now as I have another cat now also. Maintenance is a breeze. I change the filter once a month and it is so easy to clean, one must be sure that you clean the inside if the fountain as it gets slick from saliva, so I change the water and rinse out the filter and be sure to see that the pump is cleaned out. Every morning I use a large cup and fill the bowl that's attached. I am so pleased that I found this system.

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective and simple, October 24, 2009
My cats love their CatIt water fountain. It's a bit of a challenge to clean, but its effectiveness as a clean water delivery system, as well as its attractiveness to the cats, offsets whatever minor inconvenience I go through every other week or so. Changing the filters is the easiest part of the job: simply take one out of the bag and stick it in its slot, and the job is done. The filters do tend to shed some of their fiber after a the first week, and this has to be removed from the pump's grill when you refill the tank (fiber accumulation can shut down water flow).

But these are minor troubles that I can easily deal with. My cats enjoy the fountain immensely.