Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Catwings Return
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 4, 2014
One of the best children's books ever; but don't let that deter any adult from enjoying them, too! I've read many Ursula LeGuin's books and have never been disappointed. Her Catwings stories are truly delightful and worthy of a place on any children's bookshelf.

Cats with wings! Who knew?
on April 27, 2016
Ursula LeGuin can write some of the best adult Sci-fi, and still can put out these books I can read to my 3 year old. She is amazing. Anyone who loves her writing try to track down Always Coming Home… It is Ms. LeGuin's own favorite book she ever wrote.
on October 17, 1999
For someone who is a cat lover and a lover of fantasy fiction this is a great book. It is a simple story (it was written for young children) but one that will be enjoyed by children and adults a like. The story (winged cats returning to visit their mother) is unique and touching. I would highly recommend this book to cat lovers of any age.
on March 30, 2014
My daughter brought home a book from this series from her school library. I didn't expect to like it, but we both loved it so much that I bought the whole series. Great books!! Written descriptively in an old fashioned way that makes me wish more books today were like this.
on June 8, 2013
My young daughter is obsessed with this series, and has gone as far as dressing as the main character for Halloween. These are fantastic books for young readers (6-8), who love animals, particularly cats.
on January 15, 2013
I bought the Catwings series of books for my avid 2nd grade reader who loves cats and fairies. Imagine her delight to find books about flying cats! These tales of flying felines proved too entertaining for her to put down. She read each from start to finish. They are entertaining but short enough for the developing reader to finish in one sitting. Great life lessons to be learned about the plight of homeless animals and those who choose to care for them.
on October 14, 2002
It was brave how Harriet and James decided to go back to their mom on their own. They asked the others but they said no. I like the part where they find the kitten in the wrecked building and find out it is their sister. The author is really good at describing stuff. She makes it seem real.
on May 19, 2001
I loved this book when I was younger. I think that these books are for 6-8 year old kids, because as the years went by, I kept reading them, but they were for kids younger than I. I bought catwings when I was going on a road trip through the hills, and for the remainder of the trip I kept watching for flying cats. Finaly, I should say that I still enjoy this book, but I wish a series was made for older kids.
on May 7, 2015
Just as cute and clever as the first, I enjoyed the further adventures of the intrepid flying cats. They are smart and kind, a fine example. I enjoyed meeting the newest cat and seeing how things turned out. Again, I would recommend this to an early readers who enjoys stories about animals.
on January 30, 2013
I bought this, and Catwings, for myself because I'd always loved the story when I was younger. I still love it some twenty-odd years later, no matter that it's written for children. In some ways, that makes it even better.