5.0 out of 5 stars Cats and Fantasy Fiction a Purrfect Combination
For someone who is a cat lover and a lover of fantasy fiction this is a great book. It is a simple story (it was written for young children) but one that will be enjoyed by children and adults a like. The story (winged cats returning to visit their mother) is unique and touching. I would highly recommend this book to cat lovers of any age.
Published on October 17, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Yep, the catwings are back...
Ursula K. LeGuin, Catwings Return (Orchard Books, 1989)

Published on February 27, 2007 by Robert Beveridge

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats and Fantasy Fiction a Purrfect Combination, October 17, 1999
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars My review on Catwings returns, October 14, 2002
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Catwings Return (Paperback)
It was brave how Harriet and James decided to go back to their mom on their own. They asked the others but they said no. I like the part where they find the kitten in the wrecked building and find out it is their sister. The author is really good at describing stuff. She makes it seem real.

4.0 out of 5 stars From a cat lover, May 19, 2001
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Catwings Return (Paperback)
I loved this book when I was younger. I think that these books are for 6-8 year old kids, because as the years went by, I kept reading them, but they were for kids younger than I. I bought catwings when I was going on a road trip through the hills, and for the remainder of the trip I kept watching for flying cats. Finaly, I should say that I still enjoy this book, but I wish a series was made for older kids.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yep, the catwings are back..., February 27, 2007
This review is from: Catwings Return (Paperback)
Ursula K. LeGuin, Catwings Return (Orchard Books, 1989)

A year after the publication of the first Catwings book, Ursula LeGuin came out with the second, appropriately entitled Catwings Return. The catwings have settled into their new home, and decide to go back to the city to visit their mother. When they get there, the city has changed, but they find something far more interesting than they ever expected...

As with the first book, the main problem with Catwings Return is that it doesn't feel like a stand-alone story; as a series, it's fun, but reading just one of these at a time, as those reading the series as it came out would have had to do, seems as if it would have been rather unsatisfying. ***

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Book!, June 8, 2013
This review is from: Catwings Return (Paperback)
My young daughter is obsessed with this series, and has gone as far as dressing as the main character for Halloween. These are fantastic books for young readers (6-8), who love animals, particularly cats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fly, kitty, fly!, June 28, 2014
This review is from: Catwings Return (Paperback)
Catwings has been enjoyed by me, my Seattle nephew and his mother, and now has been passed along to other children in their apartment complex. It's just such a tactilely fascinating idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids books, May 30, 2014
This review is from: Catwings Return (Paperback)
This is an adorable children's book series. All 4 books are excellent and easy for children to read with cute pictures. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ummmm....Awesome!, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Catwings Return (Paperback)
My daughter brought home a book from this series from her school library. I didn't expect to like it, but we both loved it so much that I bought the whole series. Great books!! Written descriptively in an old fashioned way that makes me wish more books today were like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out below or overhead. Flying Cats, March 1, 2014
This review is from: Catwings Return (Paperback)
I love the realistic fantasy and I have five cats all of whom would love the have wings.... I am sure

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Catwings Return (Paperback)
This is a book about cats with wings. They fly around and do exactly what cats would do if they could talk and had wings.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Catwings Return
Catwings Return by Ursula K. Le Guin (Paperback - May 1, 2003)
$4.99 $3.87