Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon November 25, 2005
Reprise Records presents another winner in the circle of "American Standards" with Michael Bublé's latest release "Caught In The Act [Live]", with friends backing him in the Count Basie Band signature style...dynamic arrangements by John Clayton Jr., Don Costa, Jerry Hey, Bill Hollman, Jeremy Lubbock, Johnny Mandel, Billy May, Sammy Nestico, Bill Ross, Don Sebesky and Alan Chang music director and arranger...with performances of 8 songs on CD and 20 tracks on DVD, proves Michael is leading the pack in todays jazz interpretation of lyric and style.

Pop vocalist of the millennium is Michael Buble, the Vancouver crooner featuring an unforgettable youthful style that takes you back to the '40s, '50s and '60s...listening to every tune on this album brings back memories of Nat King Cole (one of my favorite singers of all time), Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra and Mel Torme as they were performing favorite hits of the day...Michael has the uncanny ability to nail each track making it his own.

Sit back and let's take a listen to the selections on this CD guaranteed winner:

1. FEELING GOOD (5:06)
2. SUMMER WIND (4:20)
3. HOME (3:52)
4. YOU AND I (3:48)
5. THE MORE I SEE YOU (4:03)
6. YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE (with Laura Pausini) (3:42)
7. CAN'T BUY ME LOVE (2:29)
8. SMILE (3:46)

There are a few stand outs and highlights with "FEELING GOOD", wonderful arrangement by David Foster, as Buble sings the orchestrated brass gives off a James Bond flavor and you're waiting for your drink...shaken not stirred..."HOME", composed by Michael Buble, arranged by David Foster and Bill Ross is the most requested song from this album on the airwaves..."CAN'T BUY ME LOVE", jazzy arrangement by John Clayton Jr and David Foster, more than a toe-tapper, as Buble swings with a vengence..."THE MORE I SEE YOU", arranger John Clayton Jr. shows you why the late Billy May with Capitol Records was the greatest arranger for the label, Buble swings this one in the Sinatra style and you're loving every minute of it..."SONG FOR YOU", the great Leon Russell's hit, arranged by David Foster and Bill Ross with guest artist Chris Botti on trumpet is completely mesmerizing ..."YOU AND I", composer Stevie Wonder arranged by David Foster and Jeremy Lubbock brings a tear to your eye as Michael pours his heart out, along with heartfelt lyrics and brings it home, just listen quietly and see if you don't agree...entire album has soul...this track alone is worth the price of the album.

My wife and I were fortunate enough to see Michael in a St. Louis concert, met him back stage...might add this young man made a very positive impression on all who attended that night's show...he's a first class guy and has everything going for him...couldn't happen to a nicer person...it's like second nature with his natural ability to vocalize and be a crowd pleaser is pure magic...shows why Buble has the the stuff stars are made of...he's the hottest property in the genre of "American Standards" today...as Michael warns his band, "get ready it's about to start all over again"...climb aboard this musical merry-go-round, you'll never regret it...because Mikey is Back!!

Total Time: CD/DVD Set ~ Reprise / WEA 49444 ~ (11/22/2005)
on November 22, 2005
This cd/dvd combo is fantabulous! Showcasing Mr. Buble's incredible vocals and the connection he has with his audience as a gifted perfomer, it's as good as being there. The venue is beautiful and the way in which it was filmed will make repeated viewings a joy every time.

The backstage filming extras allows us to embrace this gracious superstar and his wonderful sense of humor. Here is a young man who's love for entertaining gives him an added dimension unheard of in today's music world.

Chris Botti's duet with Mr. Buble is showstopping and his duet with the beautiful and talented Italian songstress Pausini a high light.

For once a live cd/dvd's production actually allows us to feel like he's entertaining us in our living rooms.

Fantabulous and I would recommend it to all.
on November 28, 2005
When Michael's grandfather persisted that his grandson was going to "bring the music back", he wasn't wrong. Michael Bublé took the standards that he knew and loved so well, added little nice touches here and there and used that talent of a voice and presented to the world a neat little package that was to bring all generations together.

In this DVD, he made the audience stand up and let all inhibitions go in "How Sweet It Is" and "Save The Last Dance For Me" as well as hold their hand to their hearts in "Home" and "Song For You". And if you have been to any of his shows before, he delivers yet again as an entertainer. He mocks Josh Groban (who did a surprise appearance) as well as trying his hand at pop/rock with a little Maroon 5 number. And since this is his first PBS special, he remembers his audiences at home as well and proceeds to introduce the audience at the Wiltern to the man-at-home-with-his-tighty-whities.

Bublé pays a few tributes as well. The first being Ray Charles, singing "You Don't Know Me", while doing a little of the famous Charles sway. He introduces the core of his band beginning with his great friend, Alan Chang then Craig Polasko, Randy Napoleon, Rob Perkins, Jumanne Smith, Justin Ray, Bryan Lipps, Frank Basile, Rob Wilkerson, Mark Small, Nick Vagenas and Josh Brown. He also pays tribute to the crew that helped bring it all together while all he did was just turn up and sing.

He continues to thank his fans for being such an eclectic and great bunch.

Bublé makes it his responsibility to bring his audience away to another world, to take away all of their troubles for that 2 hours.

And he did.
on December 5, 2005
I saw Michael's PBS special two nights ago and I was completely blown away. I've heard of his name before (He did commentary on VH1's I Love The 80's), but I never heard his music or seen him perform. Now I know what I've been missing. This guy is amazing!! He takes Standard and classic songs, and puts a new sound to them. After seeing this special I of course I had to run out and buy the CD/DVD "Caught in the Act." This performance if fantastic from the first note to the very last. I love the interaction he has with his audience. The PBS special didn't show him going into the audience to greet his fans, I thought that was really cool. This guy is funny, he has a great personality, easy on the eyes and of course has an AMAZING voice, all that comes out on the DVD. His renditions of these Standards gives me a whole new appreciation for this type of music. He did a little interview with PBS and he talked about bringing in a new sound to these songs for a new generation. I couldn't agree more. Many people (myself included) thought these songs were for the older generation, boy was I wrong. I've since downloaded his 1st two albums, and I'm still in awe. He covers Frank Sinatra and Peggy Lee, then goes to Queen and George Michael! It's obvious he has a great appreciation for many different types of music and that reflects his own music. My only criticism of this package is that five songs on the CD are not on the DVD. PBS showed "Can't Buy Me Love" and that was a highlight for me, but it's not on the DVD. On the flip side of that, only three songs from the DVD are on the CD, I would've really loved it if Maroon 5's "This Love"was on the CD. Other than that, the package is Great. I've already started my campaign to get my friends to listen to Michael's music. I can see him having a long career. Buy this CD/DVD, you wont regret it.
on December 2, 2005
Michael Buble's show at the Singapore Indoor Stadium October 10th 2005 ranks as the BEST concert I've ever attended ( out-jostling even Sting and Robbie Williams ), and this DVD is an absolute must for MB fans, as well as those who have yet to discover his wonderful talent.

This is a beautifully produced event, and Mike gives his all both vocally and emotionally. His renditions of You Don't Know Me and Home are flawless, the Maroon 5 routine hilarious, the rapport with his audience undeniable.

The concert itself is at least 90 minutes long, but trust me, you'll hardly feel it, and will probably clamour for more. Check out the bonus track - a duet with Chris Botti on an additional performance of Song For You, which took my breath away.

Having met Mr. Buble during his visit to Singapore, I'd just like to state for the record that he's just as warm, sincere and cheeky backstage as he is in front of thousands. He doesn't just pander to the cameras. This lovely man is the real thing.

So please, get out there and BUY THIS. It's fantastic, he deserves our full support, and while you're at it, why not grab an extra copy and convert a friend or relative? :)
on December 5, 2005
Michael Buble' has 'IT'.... 'It's' that aura that few celebrities possess. Watching this phenomenal live concert DVD I found myself enraptured by Micael's voice and charisma. Yes, he can sing like an angel, but YES YES YES he is SO cute to look at AND listen to when he talks and jokes with his audience or the viewers at home.

You can feel the love AND respect the audience has for his talents and you also feel the love AND respect he has for his music AND his fans. Truly unique.

The live album includes some songs not heard on the dvd and will become a fixture in your music rotation for sure.....

Many of my friends and co-workers will receive Caught in the Act as their gift from me in their stockings. Great gift idea.
on November 26, 2005
I first saw Michael Buble at the Blue Note - one of his first big gigs, I think, back in 2003. It was obvious from his first note that he was a gifted, funny, enthusiastic singer, with great rapport - and respect - for his audience. I saw him again in Boston at Scullers, then at Foxfoods in CT, where the band and the arrangements were becoming more powerful and dynamic and, finally, at the Beacon in NYC, where his show blew the lid off the place. The audiences, of all ages, had grown, and so had his talent and ease on stage. What is amazing is how he is able to bridge several musical genres - and make them all come alive for such a diverse audience. The standout songs, among many, are "Home," his own composition, "Sway," the Dean Martin classic; "A Song For You," which is given an absolutely superb treatment; and "I've Got You Under My Skin," with the famous Nelson Riddle arrangement. And so many more. This CD/DVD literally captures it all and, best of all, leaves you wanting more. The songs and arrangements are given first class treatment. The musicians are all top shelf - and are themselves given opportunities to shine beyond their musical gifts. And then, of course, there is Buble himself - directly in line with the best, Sinatra, Crosby, Bennett, you name it. He has complete command of his material and his joy and humor make him one of our best entertainers. He should have his own weekly variety show. Or a series of specials.

When this terrific DVD is finally shown on PBS, it will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship between this star and his growing audience. For the price, you simply cannot go wrong here: an absolutely terrific DVD concert, almost as good as seeing Buble live, and a collection of 8 live tunes that will instantly put you into a great mood. He's the Sinatra of our day - and we need him.
on November 22, 2005
WHAT A GRAND ENTRANCE INTO BUBLEWORLD! IN MY OPINION CAUGHT IN THE ACT DELIVERS THE MAGIC THAT IS BUBLE RIGHT FROM THE GET-GO AND JUST KEEPS YOU ENTRHALLED. GIVE BUBLE'S BAND CREDIT AS WELL, THEY ARE WORLDCLASS AND IT SHOWED.

THAT HE CAN SOUND SO GOOD LIVE PROVES HE'S DESERVING OF ALL THE ACCOLADES HE RECEIVES EVERYWHERE HE GOES.
on December 6, 2005
If you are a Michael Buble fan like me you will want to add this CD/DVD to your collection. I can't believe I missed him when he played in Dallas this year. Bet I won't do that again. Favorite part of the DVD is the battle of the singers. If you don't know what I'm talking about buy the CD/DVD. Very funny stuff.
on March 17, 2006
Buble really doesnt launch any ships, and doesnt pretend around his art. What he really is - unmistakable, flawless, physical, and dead on with his singing - a remarkable talent showcased like a diamond in this PBS special. From the opening shots of the theatre interior, through a remarkable concert to the closing frame, nothing's amiss. The essence is all-powerful, and nothing extra is needed. Buble's apparently smart enough to know what matters, because everything about his show is given to serve a MUSICAL art, we're the luckiest for that! MUSICAL integrity makes the theatrical aspects of his stagecraft an accompaniment, and enticing. It's a refreshing feeling, for a change. From all the willing references in his style, he ends with a completely original product. His version of Try A Little Tenderness is alone worth the price of this dvd/concert audio pkg. He resurrects the narcotic tune Sway with abandon. His youth works for him, he's modern, and daring as hell. Buble's a singer (finally!) who trusts his voice through and through, and it lets a great simplicity sparkle. I'm an older chap and wouldnt expect to dig this guy's art this much, but I do, and you will too. It's an extraordinary concert from a glowing, knowing MUSICIAN. What more to ask?