Customer Discussions > Cave Story 3D - Nintendo 3DS forum

Cave Story 3DS Product Description.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 17, 2011 5:51:48 PM PDT
Nyghtz Dream says:
I played Cave Story and unless NIS America Drastically changed the content this is wrong. This could actually turn people off to the game and affect sales or do the reverse either way amazon needs to get there product descriptions straight.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2011 7:25:19 PM PDT
thewindwaker says:
I'm pretty sure it's just a placeholder, but I agree "side-scrolling shooter" doesn't describe Cave Story at all...

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 4:24:01 PM PDT
BLAH says:
Also, the overview says "Cave Story 3D is a side scrolling action adventure game inspired by the fan-favorite 2D original. Now in a full 3D world, Cave Story takes the proven 2D action, exploration into stereoscopic awesomeness. You wake up in a cave with no idea who you are or where you came from, but you know you must help a cute race of rabbit-like creatures beat the crap out of some crusty old doctor."

Inspired? I'm pretty sure its "BASED ON" not "INSPIRED". And it says "fully 3D world", um, the game IS 2D right? Also "Help a cute race of rabbit-like creatures beat the crap out of some crusty old doctor." makes this game sounds like its meant for 6 year old girls, even though its meant for all ages, or at least those over 10.

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 12:46:51 AM PDT
H. Shamsi says:
never been across this game before and i'm not a big fan of this kind of games, but from the video that i saw it seems pretty fun and enjoyable, i really liked it and definitely going to get it.. and i'm sure anyone who sees the video will feel the same, so the description is not that important in the end.. but it gives you an overview of the overall game..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2011 8:24:00 PM PDT
deafdani says:
"Inspired? I'm pretty sure its "BASED ON" not "INSPIRED". And it says "fully 3D world", um, the game IS 2D right?"

Uhm, I think they got that one right, at least in the sense that the game's graphics are, indeed, 3D polygons, both for the characters and the backgrounds, as opposed to the 2D sprites the original had.

As for the gameplay itself, it remains firmly a side-scrolling affair, but that doesn't make them less right. It's those kind of games that we gamers usually refer to as "2.5D", as in, 3D graphics with 2D gameplay.

^_^

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 11:26:25 PM PST
CookedXenon says:
Yea technically this is a 3D graphics game...Even though it's a sidescroller. I know I've called these games 2.5D games myself...which sort of makes no sense. The original free-to-play and updated wiiware/dsiware/steam versions are an example of 2D sidescrolling. 3DS confuses people even further because 3D graphics and 3D stereoscopic effect are two totally different things. This game has both. Its just not 3D as many people think of it, you know 360 degree playing field. I also don't think its completely wrong calling it a side-scrolling shooter, because it partially is. This is not much like Contra/Metal Slug but you do shoot things like those games. It's also got puzzle elements, rpg elements, etc....which is not Contra/Metal Slug at all.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 17, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Cave Story 3D - Nintendo 3DS
Cave Story 3D - Nintendo 3DS by NIS America (Nintendo 3DS)
4.4 out of 5 stars (35)