Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Behold, No Cavities! A Visit to the Dentist (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 28, 2009
Since I am a children's librarian, I have seen at least a dozen books meant to prepare kids for the dentist. This is THE best. No question.

The problem with the other books is that they either begin with the premise that the dentist is scary, or don't address that it might be scary at all, or depend too heavily on the TV show the characters were from. I can't use a book that assumes it will be scary with my kids, because it will make them scared where they weren't before.

Spongebob is delighted to go to the dentist. Patrick has never been. In this tiny little book, there are actually subplots and foreshadowings that make sense to an adult reader, while the kids get a positive, humorous look at dental hygiene. The plot is so good you don't have to watch Spongebob (I sure don't) to understand and like the characters.

I plan to recommend this above all other dentist books.
on August 15, 2013
Bought for my 3 year old to prepare him for his first dental visit. He loves me reading it and when he actually went to the dentist, they call the sucky thing (that sucks out the spit) by the same name as the book and he loved that. "mr. thirsty"
on August 29, 2010
We got this book and a Dora book about going to the dentist and it was a great combination. My son (3 years) was very excited to go to the dentist and the books really helped him to understand what to expect. We even had a male hygentist, like Sponge Bob, so that was really helpful.
on November 14, 2014
This is one of the better SpongeBob books. No whinning, no hyperness, none of the things that make SpongeBob the television show drive you nuts. SpongeBob has been taking wonderful care of his teeth but his pal Patrick hasn't been. So this book SpongeBob helps teach Patrick about dental care and takes him to his dentist for a cleaning. And help him understand the importance of going and getting proper care. Helping him not be scared of the office. This book would help children understand and not be scared of going to a dentist like Patrick (even if they end up with cavities)
on May 25, 2012
My 5 year old son loves this book! He has been to the dentist many times and still likes reading about Spongebob and Patrick's adventures at the dentist's office.
on January 26, 2011
I bought this to read to my son for his first dentist appointment. It was a huge HIT with him. He wanted to read it over and over and over and over again. It is certainly an awesome book to read for getting them ready for that first visit. We also bought the Dora's Visit to the Dentist to go along with it. He loves that book too...we have to read them in conjunction with each other.
on December 6, 2011
I have a couple of other Spongebob books on my Kindle Fire and my daughter loves them.
Unfortunately there is a problem with this book! The font is so tiny, you have to strain your eyes to read it. The book can only be read holding the Kindle one way and does not give you the function to increase the font size.
This book was a waste of money as I will not be reading it again unless I use a magnified glass!
on July 14, 2013
I'm taking my son to his very first dentist appointment in two weeks so I decided to prep him up with the help of some books at the level he can understand. And he totally love's them.
on May 22, 2014
Spongebob was crying because he thought he had a cavity but he didn't so he got to put his name on the no cavity tree. Patrick had the cavity.

(Written by my 7 year old son)
on May 13, 2013
My 7yr old loves reading this book over and over again! Highly recommended! Teaches kids to make sure to brush their teeth and that it's okay to go to the dentist.