4.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular arrangements, spectacular voices.
Published on November 18, 2004 by Mary Whipple

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the brothers' best...
I am a huge fan of the Cazimero Brothers, and bought this album based on their concerts and other recordings. However, the quality and selections on this album are uneven and disappointing. Only a few numbers met my expectations.
Published on January 1, 2008 by L. Goldberg

4.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular arrangements, spectacular voices., November 18, 2004
This review is from: Cazimero Christmas Favorites (Audio CD)
Hawaii's most famous singing brothers duo (with well over 30 albums to their credit) here presents a Christmas luau of songs, with everything from traditional carols, such as the wonderfully arranged and sung "We Three Kings" and "Angels We Have Heard on High" to contemporary songs (less interesting to me), such as the cute "Me and My Teddy Bear." As is always the case with the Cazimeros, the emphasis is on elegant harmonies which highlight the range of their voices, with occasional multiple tracks which allow them to introduce countermelodies and rhythms.

Among their special talents is their ability to combine two or more completely different songs, singing them simultaneously--in this case, "God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen/ Joy to the World (which is outstanding)" "Away in a Manger/ Ho'omaika'i (a traditional Hawaiian song of celebration)," and "Ring Those Bells/Christmas Luau," the harmonies of which are, unfortunately, a bit muddy in the "Ring Those Bells" section. Every song sung by the Cazimeros is a "star turn," with elaborate arrangements to showcase their many talents, and this Christmas album is no exception. Mary Whipple, whose heart is at Mauna Kea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cazimero Christmas Favorites, December 13, 2000
"mattyo73" (Provo, Utah USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cazimero Christmas Favorites (Audio CD)
For fans of the Brothers Cazimero, this is the best holiday CD available. It takes the best songs from their two previous Christmas CDs and brings them together. This is the only Hawaiian Christmas CD you need. The harmony that these two brothers produce is some of the best in music and they are loved by fans, both Hawaiian and haole!

4.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular arrangements, spectacular voices., November 16, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing and mellow, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Cazimero Christmas Favorites (Audio CD)
I love all kinds of Christmas music but Hawaiian Christmas music is particularly beautiful!! I had lost this album and purchased because I like it so well,

5.0 out of 5 stars Mele Kalikimaka, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Cazimero Christmas Favorites (Audio CD)
I ordered this CD to bring the music of aloha into our home for the holidays! I am THRILLED with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, December 22, 2012
This review is from: Cazimero Christmas Favorites (Audio CD)
What can I say? We live Hawaii Nei and this fits our holiday celebration! The price here was better than any I found locally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Hawaiian Style, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Cazimero Christmas Favorites (Audio CD)
Beautiful harmony and arrangements. I first heard this in Hawaii when the hotel played it through the speaker system. I have a copy and bought this one for a friend. She says she has played it constantly and really enjoys it. It is definitely a must for our own Christmas tradition.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this CD, January 15, 2011
This review is from: Cazimero Christmas Favorites (Audio CD)
I ordered this CD after hearing a song as the background on a new Hawaii Five O. It was so beautiful that I looked up the show online and found the name of the song. It was the Brothers doing We Three Kings. It is the most beautiful version I have ever heard. I will be playing this CD all year and dreaming that I am back home in my Hawaii!

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally beautiful!!!, January 10, 2011
This review is from: Cazimero Christmas Favorites (Audio CD)
Truly love this album. I had it originally on cassette and it has since worn and was so glad to get it on CD. These guys have the most beautiful and emotionally charged melodic harmonies I have heard in a long time for the Christmas season. Even though all of the carols and songs are terrific, I think that the arrangement for the carol "Oh, Come, All Ye faithful" has got be one of my ultimate favories. Haunting drums with sustained tones and so on send my spirit soaring during the holiday and set the tears flowing in a happy way. I definitely would recommend anyone to share in this music.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the brothers' best..., January 1, 2008
L. Goldberg (Santa Rosa, CA) - See all my reviews

Cazimero Christmas Favorites
Cazimero Christmas Favorites by Brothers Cazimero (Audio CD - 1999)
Rate and Discover Movies