4.0 out of 5 stars Woodsy Smell......Fast, Smokey Burn
Published on November 2, 2009 by John Thomas...

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not buy them again
They list as "Bricks (Cones)"...They are Bricks, Not cones!

That means the Bricks Do Not sand up :(
And you have to hold a lighter to them a very long time to even get them started.
Then they burn way too fast. Grrrrr

They do have a real Cedar Wood scent but for all the trouble to light them I will not buy again
Published on July 24, 2012 by Robi

4.0 out of 5 stars Woodsy Smell......Fast, Smokey Burn, November 2, 2009
This review is from: Cedar Wood Incense - 40 Bricks (Cones) - Incienso De Santa Fe
If you're someone that is familiar with incense, you will definitely find this kind to be a little different. This red ceder scented incense is part of a line of wood based blends that include balsam and mesquite, among others. They are a little more loosely packed then sweeter traditional incense you may be used too, and emit a much smokier, fire burning smell than oil based blends. It's my opinion that if you are used to the usual swirls that emit from cone incense, you may just find this to be a bit overwhelming. If however, you feel the extra smoke won't bother you, you may also find this and the other wood based incense to promote a very warm and cozy atmosphere of a burning fireplace. It will fill your room with a delightful ceder wood aroma to be sure. The looser base of these blends make for a much faster burning experience than your average cone, or stick incense. My average per brick is about 20 minutes and its done. The return however is that the extra smoky blend makes for a longer lasting scent in the aftermath.

I have not found these, or any of the others in this line, to be any harder to light than any other kind of incense. And with all due respect to the other reviewer here that stated they do not stand up easily, I have had no problems with mine in that area. I would prefer a traditional cone over the little brick design that these are, but they are still very manageable. If your an incense enthusiast, I would definitely recommend at least trying this old fashioned ceder blend. Perhaps picking up a small box as part of a free shipping package just to try them out...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great incense for anyone., January 7, 2009
I've tried incense on and off over the years and most Indian fragrances are too flowery. I tried this incense and loved it. Makes your room smell like you've got a wood stove without being overpowering. The only down-side to these little bricks is that they're a little rough to get lit. I'd suggest a mini-torch lighter for quicker lighting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful wood-burning fireplace scent, November 19, 2010
I purchased this product as a companion to my new electric stove/heater (Dimplex CS3311)--the incense smells just like a wood-burning fireplace!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab this if it comes back----smells divine, December 3, 2010
This incense smells just like a fire is burning. Just enough scent to make it seem real and no smoky air if put in the fireplace. I have a lovely electric fireplace with blower for heat and have wanted something that made it smell real...now I have it. I plan to buy the sampler box and pretend I have different logs on the fire. This is so great! Thanks a million to Amazon for carrying another great product and a multitude of hugs for the makers of this incredible incense. I would have never thought that incense would be my answer. As for those that say its hard to light....it may take a bit more time than regular cones, but if you hole the flame a little below the top of the brick, once it lights, the flame will stay a bit longer and create a better burn. I experimented with a half brick to figure this out. And yes, they burn down faster then more compact/oily cones but the scent lingers quite well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SCENT!, November 10, 2010
I lOVE this incense! Reminds me of my childhood! I DONT have a problem getting it to light and it always burns 100% for me, just give the tip a good torching and blow on it a little like stoking a fire! It really isnt like regular incense (which I dont like) and is more smoky like a camp fire smell (because its made with real wood particles) I purchased Pinon, Juniper, and Cedar and love all three. I will continue to use this product in the future!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful wood fireplace scent, December 14, 2013
One thing I hate about our gas burning fireplaces is the lack of the wood burning scent. I ordered the Cedar Wood Incense bricks and now have that wonderful scent without having to chop wood. Such a natural smell that every time friends stop by they comment how wonderful our wood burning fireplace smells. I have never had any trouble lighting the little bricks as others have experienced. I just use a long nosed lighter and hold it above the brick until it starts to glow and then lightly blow on the brick until the glow covers the top. I do wish they would burn a little longer, but the wonderful scent lingers long after the brick burns out. The scent is never too strong. Brings back the days of visiting my grand parents in rural Arkansas when grandpa tended to the wood burning stove that heated their home. I highly recommend this product for people missing that wonderful smell of wood burning when they hit the "light" button on their gas fireplaces......these little bricks make long South Dakota nights quite cozy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 30, 2010
This is a superior product. It burns slowly and releases a wonderful fragrance that fills the house with a cedar smell. I use it with my electric fireplace. I love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not buy them again, July 24, 2012
They list as "Bricks (Cones)"...They are Bricks, Not cones!

That means the Bricks Do Not sand up :(
Then they burn way too fast. Grrrrr

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Cone Shaped, Burns Too Quickly.., April 4, 2009
M. Sweet (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
The scent is fantastic and I've received many compliments when I burn these, but there are some issues with them. First of all, they're in little bricks and aren't cone shaped; that means they don't stand up on their own and you have to use tinfoil to keep them upright. They also burn way, way too fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honeymoon Memories, January 9, 2015
E.M.V (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I first bought a small pack of this incense in Colorado on my honeymoon. I tried to ration it as much as I could, but eventually I ran out. I was really excited to find a bigger pack on Amazon. It smells fantastic, and I haven't had any trouble lighting these bricks. They do tend to burn a little quickly, but the scent lasts for a long time. This pack was actually better quality than the pack I bought in Colorado. Very few broken bricks, and these seem more solid than the first pack. I'm so glad that I found these, all I have to do is light one and I'm immediately taken back to my awesome Colorado honeymoon!

Cedar Wood Incense - 40 Bricks (Cones) - Incienso De Santa Fe